Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2009 1:49:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/11/2009 1:52:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Note to self –– if ever back in retail or online sales business, do not use Authorize.net.

Thanks for the PSA!

_MaH
Link Posted: 8/11/2009 3:02:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow... clueless idiots are taking over the world.

Sorry to hear your troubles, OP.  I hope you can get things resolved quickly.
Link Posted: 8/11/2009 3:05:56 PM EDT
[#3]
A lawyer might be able to elicit a response with a certified letter pointing out their illegal violation of your service contract.
Link Posted: 8/11/2009 3:08:55 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

A lawyer might be able to elicit a response with a certified letter pointing out their illegal violation of your service contract.

Which might get him, at most, a refund for the current period's fee, if he's not on a per-transaction-only billing basis...

Time to find a new CC processor...

Link Posted: 8/21/2009 8:21:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Has this issue been cleared up with your company and authorize?

What company did you change to?
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 10:53:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 10:57:42 AM EDT
[#7]
6/10

She was begging for a few F-Bombs.
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 10:57:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 10:57:48 AM EDT
[#9]
First National Merchant Solutions FTFW.  Very gun-friendly; they handle Brownell's and the NRA.

ETA: I PM'ed you the contact info for the guy there I worked with.  Nice guy and everything went smoothly.
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 10:59:59 AM EDT
[#10]
WTF.

authorize.net is the same provider that Knights Armament Company uses for their online store. I bought a bunch of rail covers from them this morning and the cc processing went through them.

So Armament companies are OK. Gun companies are not.
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 11:15:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Nothing a hefty lawsuit can't fix, followed by a huge notice on your web site (which google will index, and when people google info for fucktards.net errrr Authorize.Net, they'll see your nasty gram about them).
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 4:56:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Same happened to me. We do not sell firearms, only parts & accessories.

Apparently any part that is required in the function of a firearm is also considered a firearm and is grounds for termination.

This is what I was told by the "unreachable" folks in the abuse department.
I spent literally hours on the phone before finally convincing the underlings to pass the phone up to their superiors.
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 5:01:31 AM EDT
[#13]
tag
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 5:08:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
After we thought this situation had been resolved, Authorize.net has now turned off our gateway processing.

We are trying to rapidly find and implement an alternative payment gateway for internet sales. Meanwhile, we would be happy to assist or accept orders via telephone: (318).946.8079

Apologies if this causes anyone an inconvenience. We know some orders have already been unable to complete.

Not... happy.

I will tell you my hard learned lesson- set your website up so that you collect the info, and then run the cards through your in store terminal.

A little more of a PITA? Yes, but it opens you up to a whole new option of processors, and gives you more control. It also means that if something like this happens, you can still take orders online, and just process and ship them in a few days when it all gets fixed.

I can suggest a great company for an in store terminal if you need one.

This also opens you up to liability concerns.  Security of the credit card information would become your concern rather than theirs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top