Author
Posted: 8/9/2009 9:39:29 AM EST
I wanted a vise for ease of cleaning and to assist in the adding of optics for my rifles. Once I started looking around I also wanted it to be able to be shot from as well. Most of the ones available for purchase dont look like they were really made to handle AR15 or AKs and be able to fit a 30 rounder in at the same time. So I needed something higher up to be able to do just that. I also wanted the gun to be in a natural shouldered position that I can still get a cheek weld on even if its still in the vise and still assist in recoil dampening. I currently dont have anything that beats me up too, except an 870. But I know I want them so might as well have it incorporated. So after checking out the ones you can buy and the models others have made here is what I can up with to meet my wants and needs. The barrel holder can move up and down about 4 inches, it can also slide closer or farther away from the back to accomodate for different length guns. Height adjustments at all four corners, and a small clamp to hold the butt stock out back. Tell me what you guys think. I hope you like it.

Tacberry
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/9/2009 9:40:49 AM EST
Why a BB gun?
The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned. Pennsylvania Constitution, Article 1, Section 21.

"fuck it im foing" R.I.P. shawnofthedead 06/06/6008 post 2943
NineLivez
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/9/2009 9:42:28 AM EST
Originally Posted By Tacberry:
Why a BB gun?

He needs to sight it in for deer season
Never apologize for being patriotic.

FUCK OBAMA, ALL THOSE WHO VOTED FOR HIM, AND HIS ARFCOM APOLOGISTS
Max_Power
Blind and Insane
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/9/2009 9:55:13 AM EST
Originally Posted By NineLivez:
Originally Posted By Tacberry:
Why a BB gun?

He needs to sight it in for deer season

It's all about shot placement.
Men are only men, Little Brother, and their talk is like the talk of frogs in a pond.
Tacberry
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/9/2009 9:58:29 AM EST
It's cool & all ... but ... you're going to show off your finished work on AR15.com by showing us how well it works with a BB gun?

It's just shy of a DIYF - Do It Yourself Fail.
The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned. Pennsylvania Constitution, Article 1, Section 21.

docmcb
docmcb
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/9/2009 9:59:12 AM EST
I thought it was made to hold an AR-15. I don't see it in the pics.
3/25 Marines Anbar Province 2005, All Gave Some, 48 Gave All
KwaiChangCaine
Patriot Rifleman in Training
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/9/2009 10:05:59 AM EST
Maybe the OP is going to put some padding on it before resting a real gun there?
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts. - Albert Einstein
Tacberry
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/9/2009 10:42:50 AM EST

Originally Posted By KwaiChangCaine:
Maybe the OP is going to put some padding on it before resting a real gun there?

That would make some sense.... unless it was ment for an AK.

The design looks pretty solid. It sould even work for a centerfire.

Hawk1911
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/9/2009 11:27:26 AM EST
Sorry about that, I did want to wait for some padding to be added but you guys have convinced me to just take a few photos. I was using the bb gun for mock up and to not freak out any neighbors that may have been peeking in the garage. So I closed the garage and snapped these photos for you guys, note the AK/mag sits the lowest on it.

pukindog
King of Unfinished Projects
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/9/2009 12:03:02 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/9/2009 12:03:52 PM EST by pukindog]
Originally Posted By Hawk1911:
I was using the bb gun for mock up and to not freak out any neighbors that may have been peeking in the garage.

If you're neighbors are the type to freak out, then I'd bet they wouldn't know the difference with the BB gun anyway ... "ooooh he's got a high-powered sniper rifle with a scope"

eta: nice work!

get both. and then some.