Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/30/2009 6:57:55 AM EDT
ok so there just was a sit n' sleep commercial on that said, "Your mattress can double in weight in 8 years due to sweat, skin and dust mites"

yes. that is gross. my wife now wants to change all the beds in the house. thanks sit n sleep!!!
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 6:59:34 AM EDT
[#1]
could does not equal will
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 7:00:54 AM EDT
[#2]
They must be talking about bums who sleep on mattresses with no bedsheets.

Link Posted: 7/30/2009 7:01:21 AM EDT
[#3]
my little brother use to sleep with a plastic sheet under his bed sheets to deflect his urine from the mattress when he would piss the bed at night.... maybe get you one of those  They sound really nice when you roll around on the bed, sounds like rolling on top of a large pile of paper.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 7:02:16 AM EDT
[#4]
When I bought a $2500 mattress 5 years ago, I bought a $125 matress cover to protect my investment.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 7:03:06 AM EDT
[#5]
My sleep number bed has a zodiac raft as a mattress.  It will repell all nastys.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 7:03:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 7:04:46 AM EDT
[#7]
They're not heavy. They're my dust mites.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 7:05:11 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

ok so there just was a sit n' sleep commercial on that said, "Your mattress can double in weight in 8 years due to sweat, skin and dust mites"

yes. that is gross. my wife now wants to change all the beds in the house. thanks sit n sleep!!!

So can the wife.  Best to remind her.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 7:08:24 AM EDT
[#9]
ugh, that is disgusting. And no, I have NEVER had a mattress double in weight.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 7:11:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

LARRY! Boy I sure don't miss those commercials.....
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 7:15:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
could does not equal will

+1...they most likely got that stat from some fat crack sluts bed or something.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 7:16:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/30/2009 7:44:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Do that, and the couch will then double in weight over 8 years.

Link Posted: 7/30/2009 7:58:30 AM EDT
[#14]
So the commercial worked then, huh?
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 8:07:18 AM EDT
[#15]

That sounds like a Mythbusters opportunity. The sweat is going to evaporate, and those dust mites are microscopic. Double in weight?

The only way it would double in weight is if you're sticking your dead intruders inside the mattress.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 8:15:29 AM EDT
[#16]
That sounds phony, right up there with "you have ten pounds of rotting meat in your large intestine."  Sure....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top