Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2009 8:41:46 AM EDT
I have a French 7mm Pepperbox Revolver chambered for 6 rounds. It was given to me back in 1986, Then I was offered $500 but since I knew the dealer I didnt bite.

BTW. it was given to me because it was rusted to the point of being mechanically frozen. After removing the wood, I soaked it in Miracle oil  for a couple of weeks. I cleand it up the best that I could.

I'm having problems identifying the manufacturer year and model

It looks sort of like this one but mine has some damage on wood grip and damaged front mount and cap extractor pin. I also dont have the case but i dont think that matters to some collectors but it does to some.'

I found this dealer here in the US.

http://www.cwslagleantiques.com/view_detail.cfm?catid=66&id=2612

Unique Pipe Cased and Monogrammed Belgian Pinfire Pepperbox Revolver:
Serial no. 3, 7mm caliber pin fire, 2-inch barrel, blue finish ebony grips. There is a pre 1893 Liege proof mark on the rear face of the cylinder along with a crowned “F” proof, the serial number, and three notches. The right side of the frame under the grip has a “TL” maker's mark. The cylinder is 2 inches in length and holds six cartridges. Folding trigger, smooth ebony grips. The ejector rod screws in to the butt. Complete in a black morocco leather case with a blue stain and velvet French cut interior with four rounds of original 7mm pin fire cartridges. The exterior of the lid is stamped with a white crown over a gold script “Y H” and two gold borders. Condition: Very good plus. Two of the cylinder flutes have most of the original blue finish with the remaining metal surfaces a silver/gray patina. The cylinder, trigger and hammer have scattered light to moderate pitting and there is a small area of minor pitting on the top right of the frame. The grips are good with a few scattered minor scratches. Mechanically fine. The case is fine with some minor corner and edge wear. Over half of the gold leaf border remains with most in the letter “H” and most gone in the letter “Y.” the interior is good with some wear, rust on the hinges and overall moderate stains.

PRICE: $1,500.00
Request More Information
Purchase Item

Link Posted: 7/27/2009 9:11:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I had post pics years ago..
But I cant find the in Photobucket

New pics.

ETA

The front of the barrel mount has what appears to be the letters "DAF" or "DAE" with a crown over it.
The front of the Barrel appears to have the letters"JS"or "1 S" or "S1" and a "11"Rear of barrel.
The letters "GD" on left side of grip frame and "L" on oposit side
Inside of grips looks like it has the letters "VII" or "V 11" on both
Also 4 notches on barrel
Link Posted: 7/27/2009 10:52:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Cool pistol.....
Link Posted: 7/27/2009 2:57:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Found a look alike using ixquick

[size2]8mm Pinfire Pepperbox, Late 19th century[/size2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepper-box

its missing hardware and cheaper look to it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2009 3:03:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Same maker

http://www.ambroseantiques.com/ppistols.htm

A RARE & VERY FINE ENGRAVED & IVORY GRIP FRENCH "APACHE" 9 mm PINFIRE PEPPERBOX PISTOL, ca. 1860: In overall very fine untouched condition with choice Blued steel surfaces with extensive fine quality scroll engraving. Complete and original throughout, with its original blued-steel lanyard-ring, on the bottom of the scroll engraved grip-strap. In mechanical functional order with fine timing, a strong mainspring and a smooth action. Simply carved and fluted, bag-shaped, elephant ivory grips with sharp contours, a nicely toned yellowed age-patina, no cracks and an old and small chip, at the top edge of the left grip. Central Bar-Hammer, Double-action, Pinfire Mechanism, of classic Apache form, with a round-top hammer and cluster-type, fluted and engraved, 9 mm, "pepperbox" barrels: retains choice metal surfaces with floral scroll engraved flats, 75%+ blued finish and excellent bores with sharp rifling and virtually no pitting. Flat-sided, blued, steel frame with 75%+ finish and sharp scroll engravings, en suite with the barrel-cluster. Retractable, hinged-type trigger with its original screws and matching smooth contours. In overall very fine untouched condition. The frame with sharp engraving, much finish, some minor signs of use and a "2660" Serial number, on the bottom edge of its front. Fine backstrap with light wear to its finish and matching engraving. The grips with smooth and nicely aged surfaces and the engraved steel washers and screws: some light wear and age-stains. Very fine barrel-cluster and mechanism with choice finish and sharp engraving: light signs of use and wear. Original throughout, including the screws, external bridles and springs. A very nice and better than usual example of these distinct Continental Pepperbox Pistols of the mid 19th century. The "Apache Pistol" was so named, due to its frequent use by Parisian Street Gangs of the 19th Century, who were collectively called, "Apaches". A high quality, "factory engraved" Ivory grip example, ca. 1860s. Overall length, 6 1/2".

Price: $1,875.00
Link Posted: 7/27/2009 5:23:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Smallest gun

More Pics here
http://www.littlegun.be/curios%20et%20antiquites/a%20femme%20fatale%20gb.htmRing Gun

''Femme Fatale'' Miniature Cased Ring Pinfire Revolver.

Interior of Lid Marked ''R.M. Waylett, 126, Wigmore St., Portman Square, London W.1'' c. 1870. Designed to fit on the small finger, made for use by ladies, the ''Femme Fatale'' Ring Pinfire Revolver marked on ring body FEMME FATALE, and measures 1 7/16-inches in overall length; 7-shot cylinder, approximately .06 caliber pinfire; 5/6-inch long round and smoothbore cylinder, operating on pepperbox principle (without barrel); tiny hammer cocked with fingernail, tiny knurled trigger pushed inward to fire; ring of German silver; balance of parts blued steel, except for browned trigger; engraved leaf motif embellishment on 4/5 circumference of ring.

Ring diameter approximately 11/16-inches.

Gold embossed leather case, the top with circular German silver inlay, engraved FEMME FATALE and with star motif at center; contour lined in cloth, accommodating revolver, blued steel screwdriver, and six pinfire cartridges.

Case lid secured with snap latch; cased set within red and purple cloth bag, and in pasteboard box.

Link Posted: 7/27/2009 5:56:35 PM EDT
[#6]
http://www.horstheld.com/0-30-shot.htm

30-shot pin fire revolver made in France, no serial #, maker's name or proof stamps, cal. 7mm. 6" over and under barrels with dovetail front sight. The cylinder depicts 20 cartridge bores in the outer and 10 bores in the inner circle. Pulling the hammer it turns the cylinder only 12 degrees hitting either a cartridge in the inner or outer ring. Double action only, folding trigger, lanyard ring. The revolver is in fine  working order, the condition shows the expected wear. It is the first 30-shot revolver in my possession. Made during  the 1860's.
NRA very good condition    $7,750.

The above shares the same trigger and spring obove the trigger(see mine)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top