Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2002 12:02:16 PM EDT
This is really starting to piss me off. I sold a 10/22 to an out of state person... How do I ship it?
USPS- No way, You can't ship that here. It could be loaded! You have to ship it from Dealer to dealer.
UPS- Uhh sorry sir, We don't do individual shippments to FFL's. Only if its going to the manufactor. WTF?
Fedex- Sure, We can overnight it... Bend over and get ready for the price.
WTF am I supposed to do... I KNOW you can ship a firearm to an out of state FFL. What am I doing wrong? I feel bad for this guy, He has been waiting a couple weeks for his gun. But no one will do it... PLEASE help! Thanks
-Jared
P.S.
Rick, if u read this. Please don't think I'm not trying. I am trying my hardest. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 12:05:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 12:12:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you tell them a 10/22 is a long gun.

Long guns are mailable, aren't they. I know handguns are unmailable.

UPS should ship it also. But, UPS is a load of garbage. They will "accidently" drop your package, and call the ATF. They did this several years ago resulting in almost 100 women and children being BBQed in Waco, TX. Avoid these shitbags.

FedEx should do it fine. My understanding is that Handguns have to be overnight. But there is no such rule for Rifles and Shotguns.

SubGuns is boycotting Airborne becuase I understand they will not ship guns at all.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 12:17:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I like Paul's last suggestion.  UPS's leadership is anti-gun (witness their punitive hazmat fee).  As long as you're within the law, it's none of UPS's business what the contents are.  It might be worth checking out their shipping policies ([url]www.ups.com/using/services/details/terms.html[/url]) to be sure because in the event of a loss, you don't want them to say "that's against our policies so we won't cover the loss" but as Paul said, they do deliver to FFL's every day.
Edited to give you a more useful URL.
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 12:36:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Long guns can be shipped USPS as well as UPS.  It does not have to go from FFL to FFL..they do have to go from private person to FFL.

I have shipped a few guns through UPS and they always try and tell me it has to go from FFL to FFL.  I counter this statement and tell them that it is 100% legal for a private person to ship a gun long or hand to a FFL and ask them to show me in writing that they can't do this.

Well, they never can..so I just insure it for several hundred more than it is worth and off it goes.

Have not had one broken, lost or the ATF called yet.  If this happens I am not going to worry..it is insured and I have nothing to hide from the ATF (however, they would probably just burn my house down anyway)

Okay..my rant is over

medcop
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top