Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
6/21/2017 8:25:40 PM
Posted: 1/20/2002 7:50:32 PM EDT
We are putting a new thread up on the HCI parody site: http://sarahbradycampaign.org/truth.htm We've only found a few of these quotes, and will need more. We plan to superimpose the quotes of "don't resist, they won't hurt you" by HCI-types next to faces of 9/11 hijackers and other mass murderers...thanks in advance for your help!
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 7:56:03 PM EDT
Wow! - and all this is going on it Indiana? 1912 First crossword puzzle published in New York Journal. Dr Gaston Odin discovers the cancer microbe. Albert Berry makes the first parachute jump from an airplane. First neon advertising sign is displayed in Paris, for Cinzano. First self-service food store opens in California. The Titanic sinks on April, 15. Turkey surrenders to Serbia and Bulgaria, ending the Ottoman period.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:16:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 4:42:29 AM EDT
Here are a few- some may apply, some not. "The best way to deal with a person with a gun (pointed at you) is to say, 'I know you're upset.' Compassion is the answer. They are human beings and want the same things I do. Try to be compassionate with them and relate to them." -- Jessica Flag, national delegate to the Four One-Hundredths of One Million Mom March, 7 May 2000, Washington, DC "I say 'sorry'. It is 1999, we have had enough as a nation. You are not allowed to own a gun and if you do own a gun, I think you should go to prison." Rosie O'Donnell, Rosie O'Donnell Show, May 1999 I'm comfortable doing a political film for the left. [But] if somebody cast me in "The Charlton Heston Story," I probably wouldn't do it. - --JANEANE GAROFALO "You're going to the NRA headquarters?" inquires a middle-class woman of liberal and pacific politics. "I'd like to blow that place up!" - --MICHAEL POWELL, WASHINGTON POST I have not one doubt, even if I am in agreement with the National Rifle Association, that that kind of record keeping procedure [gun registration] is the first step to eventual confiscation under one administration or another. --CHARLES MORGAN, DIRECTOR, WASHINGTON DC ACLU, in 1975 testimony before the House Subcommittee on Crime, as quoted in "Guns & Ammo", August 2000. And so a lot of people say there's too much personal freedom. When freedom's being abused, you have to move to limit it. That's what we did in the announcement I made last weekend on the public housing projects, about how we're going to have weapon sweeps and more things like that..." Bill Clinton, 3/22/94, on MTV's "Enough is Enough" "The people should not be allowed to possess bows or crossbows. When ten rebels bend their crossbows to the full, a hundred officials dare not advance." Kung-Sun Hung, Imperial Chancellor (124 BC) "The best defense is to put up no defense- give them what they want." from: "Guns Don't Die: People Do", p. 125, author: the late Pete Shields, former President of Handgun Control, Inc. -- Theory disproved 9/11/2001 CNN reports one of the ways to determine if someone is prone to workplace violence is "if they are interested in or own firearms". "In light of the constitutional history, it must be considered as settled that there is no personal constitutional right, under the Second Amendment, to own or to use a gun." --Seth P. Waxman, Office of the Solicitor General, U. S. Department of Justice, August 22, 2000, (excerpt from letter) We must be able to arrest people before they commit crimes. By registering guns and knowing who has them we can do that. ...If they have guns they are pretty likely to commit a crime. SEN. MARY ANN CARLSON (VT)
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 4:43:47 AM EDT
We know that guns are a huge contributing factor to domestic violence homicides, but knives are very often the weapon that is used... Some things are common sense, but there has to be an effort to remove as many knives as possible from the home and to stay away from rooms like kitchens when violent situations escalate. - --JUDITH BEALS, JANE DOE INC. 2/14/2001 Step AWAY from the kitchen, dirtbags. We found that the before-and-after trends in homicide were virtually identical in the "experimental" and "control" states. So we concluded that whatever effect the Brady Act had on homicide was negligible in a statistical sense. - --GUN-CONTROL ADVOCATES DR. PHILIP COOK AND DR. JENS LUDWIG "The Brady Bill's only effect will be to desensitize the public to regulation of weapons in preparation for their ultimate confiscation." --Charles Krauthammer, Syndicated Columnist, The Washington Post, April 5, 1996 "Gun control? It's the best thing you can do for crooks and gangsters. I want you to have nothing. If I'm a bad guy, I'm always gonna have a gun. Safety locks? You will pull the trigger with a lock on, and I'll pull the trigger. We'll see who wins." -- Mafia informant Sammy "the Bull" Gravano: Interview in Vanity Fair magazine, August 1999. ************* "I'm not at all sure that even a callous, irresponsible drug dealer with a 6-year-old in the house wouldn't leave a child trigger lock on a gun." --President William Jefferson Clinton, as quoted in the The Washington Post, 03/09/2000 ........................ Come, let us retract the foreskin of misconception and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment. - -- GEOFF MILLER
Link Posted: 1/21/2002 6:05:48 AM EDT
Here's that URL again: [url]http://sarahbradycampaign.org/truth.htm[/url]
Top Top