Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2002 7:40:13 AM EDT
For those of you living in Kansas, there was a recent article in the Kansas City Star about how guns are ending up in the hands of criminals despite background checks.

I have posted a link to the article if you are interested.

[url=www.hk94.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi?s=3c4af0393cafffff&]Hk94 Website News![/url]
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:06:36 AM EDT
[#1]
The same is being said in WV.  Heard on the radio that WV ranks highest in the nation for criminals getting access to firearms even when NICS is used.  On another station an individual, don't remember name, made the comment that indirectly called the NICS system a joke and was not working thus. the reason for stronger tougher gun laws to deter purchases of firearms by criminals.  Moronic if you as me.

Iso
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 8:22:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't know how true this little pearl is but here goes:

[i]Out of all the registered machine guns in the USA, there is only one case of a registered machine gun being used in a crime. Strangely enough, the crime was used by a police officer to rob a bank.[/i]

Does anyone know if this is an urban legend or is there some basis in truth. Some reference (website or stats) would be great.

Link Posted: 1/20/2002 10:13:48 AM EDT
[#3]
No, it was a cop who murdered a witness for a drug dealer.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 10:46:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Do you know what year and where this occurred?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 11:10:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I don't know how true this little pearl is but here goes: [i]Out of all the registered machine guns in the USA, there is only one case of a registered machine gun being used in a crime. Strangely enough, the crime was used by a police officer to rob a bank.[/i]
Does anyone know if this is an urban legend or is there some basis in truth. Some reference (website or stats) would be great.
View Quote

True. I want to say it happened in the 1970s but it may have been later. I'd check with the NRA site, it may have that info.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 11:38:29 AM EDT
[#6]
From what i understand the cop used it(mac-10?) on his wife/girlfriend in a domestic disturbance.
Link Posted: 1/20/2002 3:46:03 PM EDT
[#7]
The same report was issued in nearly all, if not all states.
At least the KS officials did respond to the accusation, and relatively positively.
Propaganda!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top