Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2002 4:31:44 PM EDT
the network administrator at my work says that there is a way to surf the internet with out logging activity or dealing with the filter software.  does anyone know if this is true and how to do it?

We have a proxy server, and big brother won't tell me how. (he says i could figure it out) but i know its not a rewebber site because those are blocked by the filtering software.  any ideas??
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 4:40:28 PM EDT
[#1]
dial out through your desk phone [;)]
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 4:48:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Without going through an anonymizer site, there is no other way.

Now, that is assuming, your network is truly secure.  If there are holes, such as a way to VPN through a secure encrypted connection to the outside world, you could bypass the proxy, and proxy through one of your machines somewhere else.  Or, if there is some other gateway to the outside world, that bypasses the proxy.

Or, get a dialup phone line, and do it that way.

Link Posted: 1/18/2002 4:54:45 PM EDT
[#3]
he made it sound like you could use the technique anywhere.  he said his son figured out how to do it at school.

also my company logs phone time and filters in and outgoing mail.  so the dial up option is not possible.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 5:51:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't know what kind of network you are referring to, but on mine you can't even initiate a session without me being able to see what you're up to... If I get curious I can decode every packet, find out what it is, and where it came from. My IDS hardware logs and scripts will even page me if you go somewhere "bad"...This is not to mention the "spyware" that can track every keystroke you make. Sorry, but nothing is private on a network.
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 5:56:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I just telnet to the outside switch and surf from there. Its a faster connection and the server doesn't log the Ip's that I go to.
Of course, you need the "MoJo" to do this.
Try to get your username added to the Domain admin group...and the  password to the switch outside the proxy. Happy surfing...
Link Posted: 1/18/2002 6:09:38 PM EDT
[#6]
yes Grock, our Nazi system has the pager deal also.  

Big Brother came over one day when i was trying to access gun related shit and told me he was paged.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top