BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2002 6:58:42 AM EDT
Well they are in trouble anyway.

[url]http://abcnews.go.com/sections/business/DailyNews/kmart_020116.html[/url]

Only time will tell
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 7:23:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe if they started selling guns again, that would help. Or if they get rid of Rosie and get a real spokesperson...

Link Posted: 1/17/2002 7:24:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I think Walmart has simply beat them in the marketplace.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 7:47:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Cue-in the bass line:

Another one (anti-gun company) bites the dust
Another one bites the dust
And another one gone and another one gone
Another one bites the dust, yeah
Hey, I'm gonna get [b]you too[/b]
Another one bites the dust

OK, which company wants to be next?z
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 8:08:24 AM EDT
[#4]
They have sucked for years.  Long live Wally world
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 8:35:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Isn't anyone else eagerly awaiting the guns and ammo liquidation sales at K-Mart???? I'm already trying to decide which of their guns I'll buy at 50% off [}:)]
Locally, Kmart sells me Federal Lightnings for $7.90 a brick at regular price! $3 bricks anybody? I'll fill my house with .22's if this comes to pass!!!
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 8:40:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Isn't anyone else eagerly awaiting the guns and ammo liquidation sales at K-Mart???? I'm already trying to decide which of their guns I'll buy at 50% off [}:)]
Locally, Kmart sells me Federal Lightnings for $7.90 a brick at regular price! $3 bricks anybody? I'll fill my house with .22's if this comes to pass!!!
View Quote

Watch it with the .22 ammo.  It's real easy to get a very politically incorrect amount of devestating bullets.

"A search of the man's home revealed a highly accurate sniper rifle capable of killing a person from over a mile away, an automatic rifle and a shotgun.  Over three thousand rounds of ammo were also found"  

READ:  Scoped '06 deer rifle, Ruger 10/22, Rem 870 bird gun, a few bricks of .22 rimfire.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 8:42:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Maybe if they started selling guns again, that would help. Or if they get rid of Rosie and get a real spokesperson...
View Quote

Ironically, Rosie has not been their spokesperson for quite some time. Her attitude, comments and actions definitely hurt them, though. But I think what hurt them worse was that KMart refused to do anything about it. They very publicly and proudly fired Fuzzy Zoeller for making an ill advised racial joke about Tiger Woods. On the other hand, they quietly did NOTHING about Rosie's continued attacks on the very foundations of our country; her contract simply wasn't renewed.

Even from a pure business standpoint it was a bad move -- KMart was, at one point, the largest seller of firearms in this country. Did they really think they'd comfortably survive by alienating gun owners?

And it doesn't help KMart's cause that mass market competitors like Walmart are providing better service, quality, prices, selection, etc.

While it's never good when a business goes out of business (the ripple effects of something like that are never good for our economy), I, for one, will not be too broken up about KMart going the way of the proverbial dinosaur.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 8:45:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Where I live, in michigan, K-mart is selling guns again.  Though the ones they are selling are junk.  The HQ is also in Michigan so they might be testing it out temporarily.

Keving67
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 8:46:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Never mind K-Mart!  Levi Strauss' sales were off 15%!  Remember, they ACTIVELY support the antis, going so far as to allow them to include them in Levi's webpage!  Boycott Levi's!
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 9:22:42 AM EDT
[#10]
They've been living on borrowed time ever since Wal-Mart/Sams started encroaching upon the cities. Back in the good old days, Wal-mart was mostly in the rural areas but not anymore. K-Mart is a lesser quality place and redundent now. They are doomed.
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 9:22:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted: Never mind K-Mart!  Levi Strauss' sales were off 15%!  Remember, they ACTIVELY support the antis, going so far as to allow them to include them in Levi's webpage!  Boycott Levi's!
View Quote

But I like Strauss' music - oh, you mean he makes jeans, too?  And who's this Levi guy? A son? a brother?  I bet he can't even play any of the waltzes...
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 10:19:32 AM EDT
[#12]
I wouldn't buy a gun from K-Mart if it was 50% off. Their political correctness on this sucks as bad as Rosie looks!
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 10:38:14 AM EDT
[#13]
All your K-Marts are belong to us! [;)]

DaMan

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top