Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2002 11:25:43 AM EDT
Ok how many of you either have not got a CCW because you cant scrape up the $$$$. I carry as a LEO but when I was in the military and waanted a CCW I oculdnt justify the $235...yes my life is wortj $235 btu there was so much other crap I spent my money on....Milk, Diapers and what not.....In a one job home its hard to afford a CCW much less a quality pistol + holster + ammo + accesories (flashlight) = Lots OF f$%king money to a lot of us.....So who all hasnt got JUST because of the money......

I am the first to raise my hand......
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 12:23:29 PM EDT
[#1]
i tried it once.

10 to pick up application.
75 to process federal print cards
1.50 for postage.
that shopuld be it but......
300 for the fine
200 for court fees
and 80 hours of my life

total value of my experience 589.50, thats five-hundred eighty-nine and   50/100 dollars.

oh wait, the mo for the prints cost me .75...

all b/c the "detective" doesn't support ccw and dug up some "really old" dirt. that had no relevence whatsoever to a ccw, and was seald as it happened before i was 18..

lets just say i won't be doing it again,  fuckem.......
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 12:32:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow, I seem pretty lucky only haveing to pay 100 bucks here in CALIFORNIA. God I love the central valley.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 12:37:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't have a CCW, because I don't have the money to hire a good lawyer.  I have the CCW weapon (a Kel-Tec that doesn't work now, but  I'm staying on them about it), a couple nice holsters, the training class, the prints done, and the fees paid.  I have a very low paying job now, and I'm spending about $800 per month on health insurance.  There isn't much left to spend on legal fees to fight the state police.  If I could get a CCW for only the $235 you mentioned, I'd skip meals to pay for it.  It wouldn't take too long to do it.  That's how I paid for my P-32.  Of course, that's also why I'm so furious at the state for illegally refusing to issue permits.  We're a shall-issue state on paper, but only on paper.  I went hungry a lot of lunches to pay for it, the permit, and the classes.z
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 12:41:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Man, it only costs $25 here in Indiana, no classes, no nothing.  Goto the Sheriff's station, give them 2 money orders, 1 for $10, and 1 for $15, get finger printed and out the door you go.  6 to 8 weeks later it shows up in the mail.  Renewals, same thing except they show up in the mail only after 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 12:46:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh woow, the last time I brought this up, I was "un-american" because I wouldn't pay for a Right. And I don't have the cash anyway....oh well. It is nice to see some people on here that don't make more money than god....... No Gman, I said god---small g....maybe we should all get together and rent out our services to pay for our "pay the government tax for a constitutionally-protected right" card
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 2:29:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone know the price of a CCW in Michigan?

Keving67
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 2:33:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Pennsylvania: $19.00 for 5 years.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 4:21:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I had to spend -k's...MA.sucks
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 4:28:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Must be nice to even have the option of having a CCW no matter how much it cost.
P.S. If you want a CCW , don't move to Illinois.

[b]ArmaLiter[/b]
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 4:39:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I second that, I wish I had such troubles...
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 4:56:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Man, it only costs $25 here in Indiana, no classes, no nothing.
View Quote

I for one will be receiving one soon. I tell you what, the 4 hour training thats involved really taught me alot of things I didn't know.
Any state that doesn't require training is looking for trouble. Knowing when, why, how, etc to react to a problem is where the training comes in. I was impressed with what I was showed. CCW with no training is like letting your son/daughter have the keys for the car when they reach driving age. Here's the keys go have fun.
Ignorance=trouble.

Rick
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 4:58:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Man after some of those stories $25.00 a year doesn't seem bad at all
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 5:02:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 6:31:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Ten or twelve bucks a year in Iowa. Wife wrote the check for the yearly renewal for both of ours this year, so I don't remeber exactly.

"May Issue" state, which sucks, but lots of folks in my county have one. No finger prints or long waits. Well, the instructional class is only held twice a year, but it only takes about two weeks after you attend the class and file the request.

Three hour course, which I think is about right. Enough information to let you know that it is not a license to kill, and the ins and outs of the legal side of it.

The deputy that gave the course when I applied for my permit was very cool. Near retirement, said don't trust the government, and if you shoot, keep shooting till the threat is gone. Don't [b]ever[/b] pull your gun unless you have to use it, and if you pull it, use it well.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 6:43:12 PM EDT
[#15]
"I for one will be receiving one soon. I tell you what, the 4 hour training thats involved really taught me alot of things I didn't know.
Any state that doesn't require training is looking for trouble. Knowing when, why, how, etc to react to a problem is where the training comes in. I was impressed with what I was showed. CCW with no training is like letting your son/daughter have the keys for the car when they reach driving age. Here's the keys go have fun.
Ignorance=trouble.

Rick "

Indiana has been this way for longer than I can remember.  I have never heard of any incidents involving carelessness or misuse of a CCW here.  Does it happen, I am sure, is it a problem, no.

Link Posted: 1/16/2002 6:44:11 PM EDT
[#16]
10.00$ in Mn No prints or nothing Fill out the paper work get your Pic taken go to mail box and put it in wallet with a picture ID Only valid with 2 forms of ID. No classes nothing. Just renewed mine. Now i need to find a real holster for the kimber. Any body have a good suggestion on a holster?    
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 6:50:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 7:05:11 PM EDT
[#18]
$10.00 for 4 years here in NH.

NH is a SHALL ISSUE state. Only takes two weeks to have it in hand.  

Live free or Die.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 7:28:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I for one will be receiving one soon. I tell you what, the 4 hour training thats involved really taught me alot of things I didn't know.
Ignorance=trouble.

Rick
View Quote

I've taken the class & I'm signing the papers friday. The class taught me lots of useful stuff like: a revolver has multiple chambers, semi-autos have one chamber...oh, and also that I should clean my gun occasionally. I'f I didn't know these things I wouldn't trust myself with a gun in the first place...of course...there was a guy in my class that was missing the target at..get this...3 yards! I can't believe he was actually trying to take the course.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 7:30:42 PM EDT
[#20]
I don't have a CCW because I can't scrape up the $$$ either.  Where I live, CCW is kind of expensive.

$250 - class
$100 - application, prints, etc.
$1500 - to hire an attorney
$1500 - Sheriff re-election committee
$5000 - Political good will
$1000 - City beautification fund
$2500 - Misc "red tape" reduction systems
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 7:38:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Fifty rounds of Federal Hydra-Shoks: $17.50

Half case of Winchester practice ammo: $79

Alessi CQC-I and two mag pouches: $145

Kahr K9 matte finish with night sights: $642

The FREEDOM to carry: PRICELESS
I can't carry a concealed firearm.  Not even if someone threatens to kill me tomorrow at noon.

Sorry guys, not much sympathy from me.  Not even police chief's daughters or celebs can get a CHL here.  They don't exist.  LEO's only.

But we're working on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top