Link Posted: 4/22/2009 5:03:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Barney Frank should follow suit.

<Captain Picard> Make it so </Captain Picard>
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 5:04:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Over the last 16 years or so, Fannie and Freddie exist only to provide a lucrative option to democratic pols when their post is up, or between elected positions.  It's probably the worst of all business models, unless of course, you work for them.  Profits are privatized and losses are picked up by the tax payer.  It also helped to serve the democratic parties goal of providing home ownership to people who otherwise couldn't afford it.

When Bush and his treasury secretary went after fannie/freddie, the Dems reacted like a bear protecting it's cub.  They would jealously protect it to ensure that option for $300k+ salaries existed when their tenure was up, and figured it was a politically motivated witch hunt by the Republicans.

Good post, especially the part in red. Unions serve as a money collection arm, while Fannie and Freddie existed to reward the loyal dems with a lucrative career after their political one came to an end. Kind of like a stroll through a bank vault with a shopping basket.

Link Posted: 4/22/2009 5:25:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh Oh.......................

http://turnerradionetwork.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, April 22, 2009
GOTCHA!! CFO of Freddie Mac Killed
The acting chief financial officer of troubled mortgage giant Freddie Mac has been made an example of; he was killed overnight in his Vienna, VA home, Fairfax police said this morning.

David Kellermann, 41, was Freddie Mac's chief financial officer since September. His body was found in the 1700 block of Raleigh Hill Road.

Got what he deserved

This is what happens to executives who approve payment of outrageous bonuses at firms that needed taxpayer bailouts. But the bonus payments weren't the only issue with Kellerman. He had been at Freddie for 16 years and was a key figure in the disgusting accounting gimmicks that ultimately wrecked the company and cost us taxpayers billions.

Prior to becoming Acting CFO, he served as senior vice president, corporate controller and principal accounting officer. In this position, his primary responsibility was to support the business with the production of timely, accurate, and well-controlled GAAP, fair value and segment earnings financial statements and external disclosures. He failed miserably and it cost us big!

Before that, Kellermann served as the senior vice president and business area controller. As business area controller, he led the organization responsible for all accounting and finance for Freddie Mac’s lines of business.
I warned I would incite this

On February 2 of this year, I made clear (here) I would use my radio show "for the purpose of inciting violence against those who caused the financial mess." On that day, I made clear that financial people "would be hurt."

On Thursday, March 12, I called for vigilante justice (here) against "the money people." On Tuesday, March 31, I publicly announced (here) "The Vigilante Justice Game" would be starting.

Today, the masters-of-the-universe got the first taste of their new reality: We the little people are coming after you for the wreckage you have wrought. This is the price that can be exacted from you for destroying the hard work and diligent savings of we common people.

Let this be a warning to every other firm/bank/company that needed or took taxpayer bailout money: All of you can be gotten-to.

Those who gave bonuses and those who received them should start asking themselves what good all those millions will be if they're too dead to spend any of it.
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 5:27:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Where was either one of the Clintons?

Now I wonder who will be APPOINTED to that position ...

IT is Resign or Die these days....damn, I feel like I am watching
a damn 1980's KGB movie...

When do we tear down The Wall...is what I want to know?

Seriously.

But I believe Bill completed the trip without any heart problems, so things must not have gone according to plan
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 5:28:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Good! Deal with the devil and pay the price!

Because Freddie Mac is responsible for the current economic problems not the mortgage lenders who wrote no income verification mortgages for people that couldn't afford to repay them knowing that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were obligated to buy those loans?????

Go back before that. Who changed the rules requiring Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae to extend loans to those who would never have qualified via underwriting regulations since the Depression?

Oh, yeah..

1995: Bill Clinton is president and Henry Cisneros, the Housing and Urban Development (HUD) secretary, institutes a requirement that 42 percent of the mortgages financed by government-sponsored entities (GSEs) Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac serve low- and moderate-income families.

Who advocated increasing the number of low income families being able to qualify for high risk mortgages?

Barney Frank

What happened when President Bush tried to institute controls on the mortgage lending practices?

The Democrats refused.

Barney Frank quote:  
"These two entities—Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac—are not facing any kind of financial crisis," said Representative Barney Frank of Massachusetts, the ranking Democrat on the Financial Services Committee. "The more people exaggerate these problems, the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing."

In 2000, then-Rep. Richard Baker proposed a bill to reform Fannie and Freddie's oversight. Mr. Frank dismissed the idea, saying concerns about the two were "overblown" and that there was "no federal liability there whatsoever."

Two years later, Mr. Frank was at it again. "I do not regard Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac as problems," he said in response to another reform push. And then: "I regard them as great assets." Great or not, we'll give Mr. Frank this: Their assets are now Uncle Sam's assets, even if those come along with $5.4 trillion in debt and other liabilities.

You forgot one Frank quote:

9/2003
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are NOT in a crisis...these entities are fundamentally sound, and even if they weren't, and they were a problem, the federal government doesn't bail them out.

Link Posted: 4/22/2009 5:29:35 AM EDT
[#6]
The Clinton curse continues.
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 5:30:49 AM EDT
[#7]
One down. Couple dozen to go
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 5:32:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
UPDATE!!

Looks like it was an apparent suicide, he shot himself 4 times in the head with a bolt action rifle!

Prime Suspect:

http://pgnblogs.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/frank-barney.jpg

You should be BANNED for posting that in a public forum!
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 5:33:58 AM EDT
[#9]
I think even if some random dude who was tired of the BS had gone in and killed him, they would still just tell us it was a suicide.  I don't think they would want to give people any ideas.  The only way they would come out and say who done it is if it was a verifiable "right wing extremist."
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 5:35:15 AM EDT
[#10]
As someone who knew Dave since I was a toddler, I am shocked and saddened.  

Link Posted: 4/22/2009 5:39:22 AM EDT
[#11]

I think it's possible he became a

"Enemy of the State"
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 5:39:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Why did Vince Foster cross the road? So the Arkansas Mob could kill him!

The more things CHANGE....the more they stay the same.
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 5:42:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 5:43:21 AM EDT
[#14]
As Boortz said this morning...

He foreclosed on himself.
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 5:46:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
UPDATE!!

Looks like it was an apparent suicide, he shot himself 4 times in the head with a bolt action rifle!

Prime Suspect:

Fwank blew him to death?

Link Posted: 4/22/2009 5:48:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Shot himself four times in the back of the head?
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 5:52:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Musta been a Glock.

Link Posted: 4/22/2009 5:54:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Vince Foster?

Would anyone be surprised? The Democraps have strong reason to keep skeletons in the closet.

Link Posted: 4/22/2009 5:56:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
UPDATE!!

Prime Suspect:

Fwank blew him to death?

I see what you did there....
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 5:57:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I am anything but a "crazy conspiracy theorist."
But, I'll be damned if the first thing I thought of wasn't... "No he didn't."  

Same here. Very unlikely that this was actually a suicide.
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 6:03:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Good! Deal with the devil and pay the price!

"He was named acting director of the agency in September 2008."

Yes, the blame rests squarely on his head.

Did you happen to read that he had worked there for 16 years and what his position was just prior to this a promotion. He most certainly had his hand in the cookie jar.

Link Posted: 4/22/2009 6:04:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Musta been a Glock.

The news just said it was by hanging.

Outlaw rope.  Do it for the children.

Link Posted: 4/22/2009 6:05:49 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

He was only the acting CFO.  Maybe he should have taken the role more seriously.

I'm a little annoyed at Freddie Mac.  They caused me a hassle at work yesterday morning.
Since September, though...

Link Posted: 4/22/2009 6:07:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
http://www.wtop.com/?nid=600&sid=1657033

He livesed right around the corner from me....

fixed
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 6:17:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 6:27:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 6:31:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Looks like. obama is taking a page out of the Clinton playbook

Yes, makes you wonder what he knew. Rich and 41 years old. Then kill yourself.                                
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 6:32:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Dead? Suicide? You mean like Vince Foster?

Only had to shoot himself twice in the head.            
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 6:34:13 AM EDT
[#29]
If this was a suicide...  what a waste.  He could have been put on the ground in Iraq to stand in front of our soliders at checkpoints.  Nothing like having a fat cat for a barricade.
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 6:35:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Hmmm so the Vince Foster "suicides" begin.......
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 6:35:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
As someone who knew Dave since I was a toddler, I am shocked and saddened.  

Sorry for your loss. For him, not so much.
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 6:35:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
UPDATE!!

Prime Suspect:

He was shot not FUCKED to death.                

Link Posted: 4/22/2009 6:37:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The news just said it was by hanging.

Sadly, Frank would probably enjoy that.  Kinky.
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 6:37:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Why does Vince Foster keep changing his name and still keep whacking himself over and over?
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 6:42:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 6:53:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Remember the post of "what its like when you die?"  You can ask this guy now.
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 7:02:12 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Nah guys, this is the new trend:

Seppuku! The only honorable way out.

Of course this guy did it by stabbing himself in the back 37 times
Didn't a Congressman recently say something about how those responsible should resign or preferably/maybe kill themselves?

Link Posted: 4/22/2009 7:02:34 AM EDT
[#38]
He must have the goods on Obama, Frank, and Dodds.
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 7:03:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Suicide...

Did he stab himself in the back?

Shoot himself.....twice in the back of the head?

Run himself over with his car?

Link Posted: 4/22/2009 7:06:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Damn, I should have just read to the end of the thread...
Quoted:

Damn.......

Has Chuck Grassley commented on this yet?

Oh wait...
But to answer your question:

Senator Grassley was not immediately available for comment.

His aides also could not immediately confirm his whereabouts at the time of the murder –– erm, suicide.

Link Posted: 4/22/2009 7:06:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
UPDATE!!

Prime Suspect:

Both ends? What a player!
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 7:08:16 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I am anything but a "crazy conspiracy theorist."

But, I'll be damned if the first thing I thought of wasn't... "No he didn't."  
In completely-unrelated news, box office receipts for "State of Play" should pick up over the weekend...

"This is just a distraction from the real story!"

Link Posted: 4/22/2009 7:09:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
http://www.wtop.com/?nid=600&sid=1657033

He lives right around the corner from me....

Shit, I used to patrol that district

_MaH
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 7:11:32 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

damn they are working quick.

thats the 2nd questionable death in less than a week.
Who was the first?

Quoted:

its always the ol' "no sign of foul play".

i wonder if they put Hillary in charge of taking care of bidness, since she's experienced in handling these types of things.
Obama's been good about "keeping his friends close, but his enemies closer."

Link Posted: 4/22/2009 7:16:53 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where was either one of the Clintons?

Now I wonder who will be APPOINTED to that position ...

IT is Resign or Die these days....damn, I feel like I am watching

a damn 1980's KGB movie...

When do we tear down The Wall...is what I want to know?

Seriously.

But I believe Bill completed the trip without any heart problems, so things must not have gone according to plan

Damn, are they burying the guy already?  Or is Barack making Bill dig up Vince Foster or Ron Brown as some sort of penance?
(yes, that was bad, and not only am i going to hell, i'm going to start walking there now, just to get a head-start)

Link Posted: 4/22/2009 7:19:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Also today, "prime" borrower defaults reach record high. These are the good credit folks that had jobs, documentation, etc.

BTW: The giant picture of the Banking Queen almost caused me to lose my breakfast.
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 7:19:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
UPDATE!!

Prime Suspect:

Barney Frank, what a freak.

Link Posted: 4/22/2009 7:22:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Vince Foster treatment?
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 7:25:50 AM EDT
[#49]
I hope its just the start.
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 7:25:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
UPDATE!!

Prime Suspect:

Both ends? What a player!

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top