Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2002 6:40:40 PM EDT
I'm not trying to be inflammatory nor cause trouble...but, after hearing about the "flag" issue in South Carolina...look at this.

Black flag pledge in Oklahoma:

This is their pledge to the BLACK flag, not American flag, but BLACK flag, said by children of one Oklahoma City innercity school district, the Millwood School District.

We pledge allegiance of the red, black and green
Our flag, the symbol of our eternal struggle,
and to the land we must obtain.
One nation of Black people,
with one God for us all,
Totally united in the struggle for Black Love,
Black Freedom, and Black determination.
Think I am kidding? Here is their webpage: http://www.millwood.k12.ok.us/MPS%20Students.htm

Notice it calls for honor to the Black flag, not the US flag. It also calls for separation of Black people onto their own land, given to them by the US. In addition, it calls for students to have Black love, Black freedom, and Black determination. Quite different from "... liberty and justice for ALL."

Your tax dollars are paying for this!!!! No wonder so many innercity kids can't read or write when this is what our educational dollars are being spent on!

Unreal,
[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]

Link Posted: 1/14/2002 6:42:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, if Africa's anything to expect, the Black nation of self determination would not be a pretty picture.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 6:50:29 PM EDT
[#2]
gotta love that public school diversity....
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 7:00:23 PM EDT
[#3]

VERY strange!!!

I went through each page on their website and there is NOTHING else to cause one to think that is anything but a normal school.

They have the U.S. Pledge of Allegiance in bold just above the black pledge but NOTHING else about blacks, race, diversity, africa, multicultural or anything!  VERY strange!

Their calendar of events doesn't even mention Kwanzaa!  Again, VERY strange.

Link Posted: 1/14/2002 11:52:20 PM EDT
[#4]
ACLU AWOL again I see...
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 12:41:17 AM EDT
[#5]
AS in 1863, will the US govt invade and hold together a Union?

Will hube1236 $10k in federal tax dollars go to a school that does not want them?
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 3:11:11 AM EDT
[#6]
keeping my mouth shut - won't even give my opinion if you axe me.

Tate
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 4:04:09 AM EDT
[#7]
The US already gave them their own sepparate country. It's called Liberia.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top