Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2002 4:38:45 PM EDT
Is anyone else having problems with their "Shotgun News" subscription? I have had three in a row not show up. I called the subscription number and the representative told me I am still on the subscription list and they should have been mailed.

BTW, I haven't moved and previous isssues arrived on time and in good condition.

docmac86
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 4:43:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Is anyone else having problems with their "Shotgun News" subscription? I have had three in a row not show up. I called the subscription number and the representative told me I am still on the subscription list and they should have been mailed.

BTW, I haven't moved and previous isssues arrived on time and in good condition.

docmac86
View Quote

doc,
this is just a guess but I've had the same problems occasionally with the "Gun List."

Seems that some of those working in the post offices are also interested in guns.  If it were in your power to check the men's rooms at the local P.O. I'd bet your mystery would be cleared up.

You might consider a low-key visit to your local post office and explain your problem.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 4:50:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 4:57:27 PM EDT
[#3]
[b]Gun Nut Goes Ballistic at Post Office[/b]

DOCMAC86TOWN (AP)  A gun nut (loosely described as anyone who owns a gun) was arrested yesterday at the downtown post office after getting into a dispute over the delivery of subversive publications with an innocent postal employee.

The employee, due to the increased suceptibility of postal employees to gun violence, is undergoing counseling.  He remains unidentified due to fears of retalation from the far right gun loving extremists.

The gun nut, identified as Docmac, is in jail and held on a $1,000,000 bond.  Meanwhile, a search of his home revealed dangerous clandestine publications including "Shotgun News" and "Gun Lists."

"These publications are arms bazaars for terrorists," commented Sarah Brady of the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence, a grass-roots citizens' coaltion.  "They must be stopped, for the children's sake."

"He seemed like such a nice guy," said one of Docmac's neighbors.  "I guess you never know."
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 5:26:25 PM EDT
[#4]
ChairBorne Ranger, you obviously did well in creative writing class. I will certainly take care and not go Postal at the Post Office. I always try to engage my brain before engaging my mouth. He was "quiet man"!

Every year, I mail in $25 dollars along with AKC papers and a copy of my hunting license to the city for a so-called "hobbyist permit" that ALLOWS ME NOT TO NEUTER MY DOG!!!! My dog is happy, healthy and lives in my home, not in my yard. But in the VERY unlikely event he was picked up by the local dogcatcher I would be fined for an unlicensed dog, fined for an dog that wasn't neutered, fined for a loose dog and would have to pay the charges for neutering my dog before he was returned to me!! I pay this fee for my sanity, my continued freedom outside the local jail and for the health of myself and the folks at the local pound.

Oh my! I believe I may have expressed anti-government sentiment and GASP!!! - I own a gun(actually several)!!

There ought to be a law --! Actually there should be thousands less laws!

Rant over!

docmac86
Just your average, depend on the government for everything, they can do no wrong type of guy.

Link Posted: 1/13/2002 10:28:58 PM EDT
[#5]
SGN has such a screwed up mailing system that when I started my sub I didn't get my first issue for 3 months. Then after I renewed the sub the next year, for some unexplained reason I started getting 2 of the same issue.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 10:44:45 PM EDT
[#6]
My experience is it takes a long time to get the first issue, and sometimes they miss a couple, so you receive 3 in the same week. I have never missed an issue, but that doesn't mean they have all arrived on time.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 11:31:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Never had a problem with my subscription. Regular as clockwork. Of course SGN is printed in my state.

Every year, I mail in $25 dollars along with AKC papers and a copy of my hunting license to the city for a so-called "hobbyist permit" that ALLOWS ME NOT TO NEUTER MY DOG!!!! My dog is happy, healthy and lives in my home, not in my yard. But in the VERY unlikely event he was picked up by the local dogcatcher I would be fined for an unlicensed dog, fined for an dog that wasn't neutered, fined for a loose dog and would have to pay the charges for neutering my dog before he was returned to me!! I pay this fee for my sanity, my continued freedom outside the local jail and for the health of myself and the folks at the local pound.
View Quote

[size=6]WTF[/size=6]
They don't require you to neuter your children, do they?

Link Posted: 1/13/2002 11:32:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 7:25:48 AM EDT
[#9]
I had a similar problem with SOF magazine. An issue would not arrive every once in a while. Then SOF started putting plastic covers over them & VOLA! Never missed an issue. Obviously sheer coincidence.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 12:31:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I subscribed online to SGN about 3-4 weeks ago and haven't seen an issue yet.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 2:04:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I haven't received the last two issues.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 2:30:01 PM EDT
[#12]
I dont really mind the post office people reading my SGN its the coffee rings I could live without.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 3:01:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I subscribed for the first time.  Sent a check in almost two months ago exactly- still nothing yet.  I called them this weekend and talked to a woman who I doubt can find her way home at night without assistance.  She was almost trying to imply they were already in my mailbox, and I was just not seeing them![>:/]
Link Posted: 1/17/2002 5:20:21 PM EDT
[#14]
i've been a subscriber for awhile...sometimes I don't get my issues when they are due, next thing I know I get all 3 issues for the month within 10 days time....go figure
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top