Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2002 8:01:28 PM EDT
The appeal also argues that there are existing safeguards in place that would shield law-abiding citizens from arrest if found possessing a concealed weapon.
View Quote

Here's the link:
[url]http://enquirer.com/editions/2002/01/11/loc_ban_on_concealed.html[/url]

So, what do you think they mean by the above comment?  Cops won't arrest law abiding citizens who CCW buy aren't causing any trouble?

This quote left me miffed....

All these CCW law suck!  Shall issue is unconstitutional.  But a step in the right direction.  I agree with this judge.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 9:27:31 PM EDT
[#1]
What "safeguards in place" apparently has meant in the past is that if you're arrested for carrying concealed in Ohio you get to go before a judge and if you prove to him that you're Joe Law-abiding, he'll let you go with a reprimand.

Hardly an encouragement, eh?
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 10:27:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 10:34:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Then you have to prove to the judge you had a justification for ccw or you go to see bubba and friends for a while.
Every one in ohio is allowed to carry,IF you can prove to the judge your cool and had a need.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 6:29:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I think that our state government has to see that their constituents want the CCW allowed in the state and also recognize that 40+ other states have CCW with no ill effects!  I will be casting my votes during the next election based on how my representatives address this issue!
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 6:40:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 6:56:13 PM EDT
[#6]
sooo, once again the citizens should let the government official's discretion decide who is a carrying law-abiding citizen and who is not.
what a great idea.

gun control is not possible without the consent of the voters.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 6:58:07 PM EDT
[#7]
gun control is not possible without the consent of the voters.
View Quote

And what's a little brainwashing of the voters among friends?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top