Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/9/2009 10:49:40 AM EDT
Long story short, Dong's Sporting Goods is the oldest gun shop and reloading store in Tulsa. It was a great place when the original owner Fong Dong had the place, but he died a few years ago (old age - the store was open since the 1940's) and his assclown son-in-law took over the place.

Since then, it has become the textbook example for every gun-shop Elmer Fudd joke that there is in the book, so I won't go into detail by trying to elaborate on the issue. The counter help are all typical gun-show, jerky-chewing, beanie baby salesmen who all used to be SEAL Team door gunners on the space shuttle.

I swore that the last straw was when the sold me a pistol and offered to throw in a pair of night-sights to secure the deal, and then I found out that they put the wrong size sights on the pistol (it printed 18" low at 15 feet) and later found that the sights were burned-out and looked to have been taken off of a USED gun and then incorrectly installed on my brand-new weapon.

Today I went into the store and the charade started all over. "Me big gun-store clerk, you stupid customer..." bullshi'ite.

Well, my money walked out of there too, and it will NEVER be back. Most ARF.COM members from Tulsa would probably ask me why I even went in there in the first place. Now, I seem to have forgotten why I went too.

I guess that I'll have to go to H&H Guns when I'm in OKC, apparently there aren't any reloading stores left in Tulsa.

rant-off
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 10:53:07 AM EDT
[#1]
heh dong
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 10:54:56 AM EDT
[#2]
You can always walk in with a catalog from Natchez Shooter's Supply, and using a cellphone, phone in an order right there..maybe they'll get the hint...

Link Posted: 4/9/2009 10:55:01 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

heh dong

Yeah, I pretty much clicked here to lol at the name.

Link Posted: 4/9/2009 10:55:08 AM EDT
[#4]
ding dong the store is dead!
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 10:55:39 AM EDT
[#5]
So you're saying Dong was a dick.
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 10:55:57 AM EDT
[#6]
You got donged huh?
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 10:56:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Fong Dong

Link Posted: 4/9/2009 10:57:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Long story short, Dong's Sporting Goods is the oldest gun shop and reloading store in Tulsa. It was a great place when the original owner Fong Dong had the place, but he died a few years ago (old age - the store was open since the 1940's) and his assclown son-in-law took over the place.

It sucks when a good business goes under because control is passed to someone "in the family" without regard to the skill (or lack thereof) of  that family member.

Remember Wang computers?  Same thing happened there.

Link Posted: 4/9/2009 10:57:52 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

You can always walk in with a catalog from Natchez Shooter's Supply, and using a cellphone, phone in an order right there..maybe they'll get the hint...

Now that's funny!

Link Posted: 4/9/2009 10:58:45 AM EDT
[#10]
So your saying since little Dong took over and it's been very hard getting any satisfaction?
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 10:58:52 AM EDT
[#11]
DONG'S - Home of the biggest gun in town!
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 10:59:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Please tell me this is a joke. Fong dong??
Where was he born? In Phuket Thailand?

eeee-hee-hee-hee.
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 11:00:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Since then, it has become the textbook example for every gun-shop Elmer Fudd joke that there is in the book, so I won't go into detail by trying to elaborate on the issue. The counter help are all typical gun-show, jerky-chewing, beanie baby salesmen who all used to be SEAL Team door gunners on the space shuttle.

I swore that the last straw was when the sold me a pistol and offered to throw in a pair of night-sights to secure the deal, and then I found out that they put the wrong size sights on the pistol (it printed 18" low at 15 feet) and later found that the sights were burned-out and looked to have been taken off of a USED gun and then incorrectly installed on my brand-new weapon.

Today I went into the store and the charade started all over. "Me big gun-store clerk, you stupid customer..." bullshi'ite.

Well, my money walked out of there too, and it will NEVER be back. Most ARF.COM members from Tulsa would probably ask me why I even went in there in the first place. Now, I seem to have forgotten why I went too.

I guess that I'll have to go to H&H Guns when I'm in OKC, apparently there aren't any reloading stores left in Tulsa.

rant-off
I wouldn't put much faith in H&H, the gun selection is great, but the counter know it alls are asshats

Link Posted: 4/9/2009 11:00:37 AM EDT
[#14]
fong dong?
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 11:03:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Woah, an Asian owned gun shop going way back to 1940?  Oklahoma sure is a weird place.  Me and my friends tend to be the only Asian people we ever see at gun shows down here in Texas.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 11:04:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Please tell me you weren't expecting mature responses to your GD thread when it involved the word "dong"?  
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 11:06:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Remember Wang computers?

Link Posted: 4/9/2009 11:11:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Long Dong Silver?
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 11:15:12 AM EDT
[#19]
I thought this was going to be a post slamming Dick's Sporting Goods...
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 11:19:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Please tell me you weren't expecting mature responses to your GD thread when it involved the word "dong"?  

heh dong
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 11:20:53 AM EDT
[#21]
The amount of maturity shown in this thread is lacking.

Absolutely disgusting, you bunch of fucking bigots. Making fun of a Asian immigrant's name like is repulsive.

But funny as all hell.
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 11:24:47 AM EDT
[#22]
"No more yankee my wankie, the Donger need food"....

"Automobile?????????????"
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 11:25:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Hehe, you wrote "dong".  
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 11:27:01 AM EDT
[#24]
I am sorry to hear Dong's (huh huh huh) has gone down the crapper.  They were a worthwhile place to visit, back in the day.  You're not the only one I've heard this report from either.

On the bright side, Tulsa is home to one of the finest gun shows in the nation, so two weekends a year you have a great place to shop!

Link Posted: 4/9/2009 11:29:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I am sorry to hear Dong's (huh huh huh) has gone down the crapper....  

mmmmmm..
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 11:30:54 AM EDT
[#26]
So, just take yourself and your thousands of Dongs in business elsewhere.
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 11:31:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Hmmmm.  Two "Dongs" threads on Page 1 of GD.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=857534
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 11:32:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Tulsa? 1940s? Fong Dong?  Don't destroy the yankee myth of southern racism.
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 11:33:32 AM EDT
[#29]
You should post this in local forum - no one knows what you're talking about.

With that said I don't know anyone with a clue that buys at DONGS

Try
Medlock Firearms in collinsville
Oklahoma Police Supply in Tulsa
Or
RJ in Broken Arrow.

All others Ive been to are scumbags IMO for one reason or another, Dongs top of the worst.
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 11:35:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Long Duc... is that you?
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 11:36:52 AM EDT
[#31]
so , Fong Dong`s fon, he`s not just foing but he fent.

i fink

Link Posted: 4/9/2009 11:37:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I thought this was going to be a post slamming Dick's Sporting Goods...

me too

Link Posted: 4/9/2009 11:40:00 AM EDT
[#33]
So you are announcing publicly that you got dicked by Dongs?
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 11:40:57 AM EDT
[#34]
You got mad just because they screwed up the sights on your brand new firearm? Well aren't you the picky consumer

How horrible is a gun shop that can't even frickin manage to properly put sights on a handgun?
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 11:42:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 11:44:06 AM EDT
[#36]
[Jake rings doorbell at Samantha's house]

Long Duk Dong: Okay. I'm comin'.
[opens closet door]
Long Duk Dong: Hello? Jeez, this place is so confusing. Okay.
[opens front door, screams and shuts door]
Long Duk Dong: Go away! I call F.I.B. I call police! Go away!
Jake: Open the door.
Long Duk Dong: No way, Jose!
Jake: Open the door.
Long Duk Dong: You beat up my face.
Jake: You grabbed my nuts.
Long Duk Dong: [looks through frosted glass on door] Is that you?
Jake: Yeah, that me.
Long Duk Dong: [opens door] Oh, I'm so sorry. I thought you my new - new-style American girlfriend.
Jake: Forget it, man. Just get Samantha, all right?
Long Duk Dong: She not here.
Jake: Don't jerk me around, man. Where is she?
Long Duk Dong: She got married.
Jake: What?
Long Duk Dong: She at the church. She getting married to oily bohunk.
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 11:44:35 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Remember Wang computers?

Why did I click on a thread full of wangs and dongs???  

Link Posted: 4/9/2009 11:44:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 11:47:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

rant-off
I wouldn't put much faith in H&H, the gun selection is great, but the counter know it alls are asshats

The guy working the reloading area has been outstanding every time I've been there.
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 11:54:10 AM EDT
[#40]
I've never been in dong's but I feel the same was about another store here in tulsa that just happens to be right down the road from there.
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 11:57:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Long Duc... is that you?

Loan me the Donger....
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 11:58:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Ching Chong.
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 12:05:05 PM EDT
[#43]
A guy goes to the doctor & says "Doc, I think I have vd." The doctor says," Yeah, it's Hong Kong Dong, there's no cure , I have to amputate your penis." The guy says he wants to get a second opinion. Since it's an oriental disease he goes to see Doctor Wong. Doctor Wong concurs that it's Hong Kong Dong. The guy says "What's the real deal? The other doctor wants to amputate my penis." Doctor Wong says, " All Amelican doctors know is cut, cut ,cut,....you wait three days...it fall off."
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 12:05:31 PM EDT
[#44]
hey Howard, there's your Chinaman
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 12:10:12 PM EDT
[#45]
no more yanky my wanky.
http://i3.ytimg.com/vi/ZTchUep_bmg/default.jpg

Natron
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 12:15:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Try Dick's instead.

They're bigger, and there's probably one near you!
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 12:17:56 PM EDT
[#47]
I always chuckle when I think back to my Automata Theory class from college.  Had an teacher named:  Ada Dong
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 12:19:43 PM EDT
[#48]
hey Howard, there's your Chinaman

I can remember almost pissing my pants when I heard that the first time, I laughed that hard.
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 12:22:04 PM EDT
[#49]
You can beat their prices anywhere.

"beat their prices..."

Sorry, i couldn't pass that one up either.
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 12:23:42 PM EDT
[#50]
As soon as I read the OP I knew where this was going with the "Fong Dong" name in it.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top