Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2002 6:11:34 PM EDT
... On your police scanner now
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 7:33:20 PM EDT
[#1]
for those of us who don't have one, care to enlighten us on what's going on (down)?  and for the rest of the country too, heh?

Link Posted: 1/11/2002 7:44:48 PM EDT
[#2]
And for those of us who don't happen to be in Phoenix at this moment..
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 7:46:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Listening since it started.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 7:48:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Isint there an website for listening to police radios in other cities like APB.com or somthing ?
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 7:48:35 PM EDT
[#5]
yawn.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 7:50:08 PM EDT
[#6]
must not be to big a deal.The vulchers i mean the news hasnt said anything.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 7:52:45 PM EDT
[#7]
It was on the news earlier and will be on at 10:00.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 8:13:53 PM EDT
[#8]
What happen?
They set up us the bomb.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 8:16:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

... Not true, it was at the top of the news @ 10:00 on Channel 12 NBC

... BTW, it is not legal to reproduce or talk about what you hear on a scanner, sorry. Call me a dick head.

Link Posted: 1/11/2002 8:19:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

... BTW, it is not legal to reproduce or talk about what you hear on a scanner, sorry. Call me a dick head.

View Quote

Well quite teasn' us like this, dick head. [;)]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 8:19:53 PM EDT
[#11]
I was good Winston_Wolf. To all of you get a scanner.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 8:24:19 PM EDT
[#12]
MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FOX News NADA.

I'm beginning to think this is some kind of Hoax. Come on, if true somebody'd be talking and CNN would be all over it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 8:24:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Sorry Winston. This really didn't rate an alert.You are a panic person.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 8:26:01 PM EDT
[#14]
For scanner nuts it did.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 8:27:08 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

Quite true WW, heard anything on your local news lately though?
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 8:32:00 PM EDT
[#16]
... No [b]grimshaw[/b], I'm not a panic person. However, it was an interesting exchange between SWAT and local PD. Something this crowd [i]may[/i] have appriciated listening to.
Thats all.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 8:32:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What happen?

They set up us the bomb.
View Quote

Do you mean the terrorists nuked Phoenix ? I hope not.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 8:40:29 PM EDT
[#18]
HHHkGhFFFF! Got the donutsHGFDRHGGDSglazed and chocolatehgghgfgghfgh headquartershgfhfffftffttf No! You assholes! You gotta lift up your masks to eat em hgfffhffhffffI gotta fart get outta the car hghfhfghfghhfffff reportsfffffhghhgffff killer, crime scene perp fffffSHOOT!hgffffffffYou can't say that, ASSHOLE! Winston will get scared. He's under his bed listening to his radioffffghfgff
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 3:00:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Since it's already been on the news and it's been over for hours, I think it's safe to say that some jerkoff held up a savings & credit union in Mesa. Turned into a hostage situation for a while. It all ended peacefully, with the suspect transported to jail to get started on his term in a real "pound me in the ass" prison.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 4:26:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Since it's already been on the news and it's been over for hours, I think it's safe to say that some jerkoff held up a savings & credit union in Mesa. Turned into a hostage situation for a while. It all ended peacefully, with the suspect transported to jail to get started on his term in a real "pound me in the ass" prison.
View Quote

Thank you, SomeGuy.  geez.  if it had already been on the news, what was the big problem with repeating it???????????
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 5:33:20 PM EDT
[#21]
[b]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote
[/b]

I believe the law says that you cannot discuss to another party details of a personal conversation between two parties.
Example would be two people talking on their cordless phones.
I do not believe the law applies to what is heard between public agenices talking over public airwaves.
If it were then every time some reporter relayed what is happening on their scanners to their boss they would be violating the law,right?
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 6:11:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Thats about the size of it, If you listen to a cordless phone call or cell phone call between two parties it is illegal to discuss or disclose the contents to anyone who was not party to the monitoring (listening at he time you heard it). But regular over the air comms between LEO's, Fire, Public service,Govt and aircraft,ETC are out in the public domain and there is no expectation of privacy. That is why they use scramblers, unpublished Tac frequencies and freq hopping or trunked and digital radios to avoid their every move being known to bad guys out there.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 6:15:23 PM EDT
[#23]
[b]
Quoted:
Thats about the size of it, If you listen to a cordless phone call or cell phone call between two parties it is illegal to discuss or disclose the contents to anyone who was not party to the monitoring (listening at he time you heard it). But regular over the air comms between LEO's, Fire, Public service,Govt and aircraft,ETC are out in the public domain and there is no expectation of privacy. That is why they use scramblers, unpublished Tac frequencies and freq hopping or trunked and digital radios to avoid their every move being known to bad guys out there.
View Quote
[/b]

That's why I bought a Trunk Tracking Scanner.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 6:21:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Which one did you get ? I am still limping by with a Pro-2021 havent upgraded to trunk tracker yet but the public service repeaters up here are still analog systems and share several common freq's Only the NYSP have gotten that advanced.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 6:26:03 PM EDT
[#25]
I have the Uniden Bearcat BC245XLT Handheld.
I have been happy with it so far.
Plus it came with all the needed accessories including a cable to interface with my PC and I found a program so all I had to do was have my modem dial up a number and then it downloaded most of the frequencies in my area into the scanner,pretty cool feature.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 6:40:01 PM EDT
[#26]
I have a BC780XLT. That thing rocks. If anybody other scanner listeners/gun owners want to get together, I'm all for it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 6:49:57 PM EDT
[#27]
I know a guy who has his boss' cordless phone frequency tagged in his scanner so that he can listen at will. Makes fun listening.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top