Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2002 6:39:54 AM EDT
Was going east on the PA Turnpike from Consohocken(exit 25) today as my work office is located there and I live in Bucks County.  So I'm driving, it's raining, and there's a traffic helicopter hovering and I notice the eastbound lane is dead! No traffic at all!  I figure an accident due to the weather or something.  Then I see a line of cars, flashing lights and all that go by east bound.  I get down the road a way and there are 3 PA State police cars halting traffic.  Thought nothing of it, figure a bad truck accident(there was a report of one on the NE extention.  I get home and a little bit later the news has him giving a speach, from Conshohocken.  Duh, now I know what that line of cops were for!

I actually drove past his father's motorcade on the NJ turnpike once too!  Dejavu!
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 7:02:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I saw Air Force One come in for a landing in Anchorage.  Clinton and his family were returning from Vietnam, milking the perks of office for all it was worth before they left.  It was kind of cool.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 11:42:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 11:57:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I thought Clinton leaving office was kind of cool too.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 12:37:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I saw Air Force One come in for a landing in Anchorage.  Clinton and his family were returning from Vietnam, milking the perks of office for all it was worth before they left.  It was kind of cool.
View Quote

It would really have been Cool if She was the president of Vietnam.[:D]

[:)>]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 1:38:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I was heading to work one morning and getting on Interstate 95 in West Palm Beach, I happened to be getting on the same time that Pres. Reagan and his motorcade was going by.  One of the motor cops left his position to point me off to the side of the road.  It was interesting to note that the higher the office you are, the more laws you can break.  They were speeding.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top