Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
3/20/2017 5:03:23 PM
Posted: 1/11/2002 4:12:34 AM EDT
A friend sent me a Power point slide show of a BMP full of guys getting blown up. The email came with this caption: [b]Subject: FW: FROM THE AFGHAN FRONT Subject: Attack on a Taliban BMP >From someone on the USS John C. Stennis. He was the strike element lead on this attack, and received these pictures as a "thank you" from the US Army controllers on the ground. It is an excellent example of a joint, combined arms operation. A Taliban/ al-Qaida armored vehicle (ex-Russian BMP) with troops embarked and riding on top is targeted by forward air controllers (FAC's) of the US Army, 4th Special Operations Group. A flight of two Navy F-14 Tomcats are called in by the Army FAC's and strike the vehicle nearly simultaneously with GBU-16 laser guided bombs.[/b] Whether this is really from Afghanistan or not, it is a great photo sequence of a some guys on a BMP having a real bad day. Can someone tell me how to get it posted, or be willing to post it for me? I will email the slides to you if you can do it. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 4:18:23 AM EDT
Email's in my profile. I'll do it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 4:29:47 AM EDT
Originally Posted By a3kid: Email's in my profile. I'll do it.
View Quote
Thanks. You've got incoming mail.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 6:53:01 AM EDT
I saw these at work earlier today, I like the frame showing Taliban bodies flying amid the explosion. Bastard Taliban meeting their maker.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 6:54:42 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 7:05:17 AM EDT
Originally Posted By brouhaha: This is old news...and they aren't Taliban. If anything, they are Russians, with the mine being set off by Chechens. But, it has been said that the entire video is a fake.
View Quote
See my post above regarding origin. The photos are new to me and I presented them as they came, with the appropriate disclaimer regarding origin. BTW, if they are faked, it's a pretty good one...
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 7:13:01 AM EDT
Originally Posted By a3kid: Email's in my profile. I'll do it.
View Quote
I would if I could - sorry - it's giving me fits too and I'm up to my a$$ in alligators this morning...... [:(]
Top Top