Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2002 5:08:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 5:30:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I am not sure you can do that.  I could find out tomorrow for sure though.  I do no think NCIC is meant for Gun Clubs, Churches and just plain Nosey people.

-Velveeta
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 5:34:40 PM EDT
[#2]
If your local sherrif does this for the gun club, report him, he is breaking the law.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 5:35:03 PM EDT
[#3]
i use public data.com to check people out. i dont know if it covers ohio but background checking on my nieghbor revealed that he raped 2 girls under the age of 13 at knifepoint.a check on a gunshow regular,who didnt want to fill out yellow sheets, turned up a murder conviction.so who do you think would get sued if this guy at your gunclub,the one you sit on the board at,went from the range back to finish off the assualt victim ?im not talking about implanting biochips,im talking about public information and using it wisely to cover your ass as a gun owning law abiding citizen!!
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 5:36:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Shut up.

If you look and act like a leader they will make you president.

Put on your ear phones, put on your blind fold, you know where to put the ball.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 5:37:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't people who buy new guns get subjected to a background check on every purchase?  Don't people who join gun clubs usually purchase guns--many of them new guns?

Seems like a waist of time and money to me.

No such policy at my club.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 5:48:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Shut up.

If you look and act like a leader they will make you president.

Put on your ear phones, put on your blind fold, you know where to put the ball.
View Quote

You said it!!  I have been a member of my club for 3 years and 4 months
I was director for a year and I have been president for 2 years!!  You do the math!!

I just moved over an hour away from this club my wife has told me in no uncertain terms to SHUT UP at the new club near our home!!

LOL
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 6:06:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 6:38:34 PM EDT
[#8]
It sounds like a CYA for the litigous society in which we live.  The club simply doesn't want to be held liable for the (possible) actions of its members.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 6:57:21 PM EDT
[#9]
The club should be consulting an attorney about this, with the expectation that whatever course they take, the club will someday have its procedure come under attack by some personal injury lawyer.

It may not be legal to have someone  'informally' access those records for this purpose.  Plus, "charged" is not the same as "convicted".

Then you get into the judgement calls.  Convictions how long ago?  For what?  What were the facts in the L.E. report, vs. the charges eventually filed.

What if you don't do this for all shooters, just potential members?  And a non-shooter does something wrong at a trap shoot & hurts someone?
Or say an applicant fails the background check, does that mean he can't shoot there anymore, but the guys (non-members) that weren't checked can, though later are discovered when SHTF to have previously unknown skeletons in the public records?

Lots of issues here.

Link Posted: 1/10/2002 7:06:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 7:16:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 7:26:30 PM EDT
[#12]
www.publicdata.com does cover ohio! you can find out criminal backgrounds on anyone w/ an ohio dl!and you can join publicdata.com for $25,and you get up to 250 inqueries,all you have to do is pay them and pass a background check!!![joke]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 1:01:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 1:17:48 PM EDT
[#14]
so who do you think would get sued if this guy at your gunclub,the one you sit on the board at,went from the range back to finish off the assualt victim ?
View Quote

What if he just left church?

?????????????????

Eddie
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 1:20:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Time to join a different gun club.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 11:09:17 PM EDT
[#16]
IMO there should be background checks performed on alot of the members here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top