Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2002 2:49:43 PM EDT
I asked my Son's principle why they don't have a Christmas show like when I went to school and all she could say was something about it being offensive to non Christians, seperation of the church and state, blah blah blah... but this shit is way out of line!  

Thursday, Jan. 10, 2002
California Pupils Indoctrinated in Islam

Parents in Byron, Calif., are outraged that government schools are forcing their children to learn the tenets of Islam, adopt a Muslim name, wear a robe and even stage their own jihad ("holy" war).

Complaints to their taxpayer-supported principal were brushed off, ASSIST News Service reports.

"The public schools in California so stealthily slipped this course into the 7th grade curriculum that even another 7th grade teacher, Elizabeth Christina Lemings, was totally in the dark that this was being taught until her son, Joseph, who is a 7th grader in the same school where she teaches, brought home the handouts," ANS reported.

"We could never teach Christianity like this,” Lemings told ANS. "We can’t even mention the name of Jesus in the public schools, but over there …,” she pointed to the building next to hers, "they teach Islam as the true religion, and students are taught about Islam and how to pray to Allah.”

cont.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 2:53:13 PM EDT
[#1]
cont.

California's government schools have adopted the textbook used for the Islamic course, "Across The Centuries," published by Houghton-Mifflin (Boston). Islam is shown in a totally positive manner, whereas everything Christian is depicted negatively, says ANS.

In contrast, "there is not one negative to be found about Islam in this one-sided account, such as the wars, massacres, cruelties against Christians and other non-Muslims that Islam has consistently perpetrated over the centuries."

"Nor is any mention made of the way Muslims treat their own people, cutting off hands, feet and heads for even the slightest violations of the Islamic tenets of faith, or the shocking way they treat their women.

"The ‘miraculous’ events leading up to the Koran, the ‘holy’ book of Islam, and other ‘revelations’ are presented as factual. Any reference of the miraculous regarding Christianity is always set next to a disclaimer stating that; 'It was (is) believed by Christians (or an individual such as Martin Luther) that …,'implying an absence of credibility about the stated event," ANS reports.

As Lemings put it: "Can you imagine the barrage of lawsuits and problems we would have from the ACLU if Christianity were taught in the public schools, and if we tried to teach about the contributions of Matthew, Mark, Luke, John and the Apostle Paul? But when it comes to furthering the Islamic religion in the public schools, there is not one word from the ACLU, People For The American Way or anybody else. This is hypocrisy!”

ANS reported, "Even more disturbing; students are to pretend that they are Muslims, wear Muslim clothing to school, stage their own Jihad via a dice game, and pick out a Muslim name (to replace their own) from a list of thirty."

Every pupil questioned by ANS thought the brainwashing course "was fun.” Some described Islam as "a pretty culture.”

Lemings told ANS: "This is not just a class of history of examining culture. This course is entirely too specific. It is more about indoctrination.”

And government educrats keep wondering why more and more parents want school choice.

[url]www.newsmax.com/showinsidecover.shtml?a=2002/1/10/171525[/url]
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 3:00:15 PM EDT
[#2]
is Osama Bin Laden on the list of thirty names....
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 3:09:43 PM EDT
[#3]
WHAT THE FUCK OVER?  THIS IS THE SAME KIND OF MULTICULTURALISM CRAP THE LEFT IS USING TO TRY AND DISTROY THIS GREAT LAND OF OURS.  THE FACT THAT IS HAPPENING IN THAT SHIT HOLE OF A FUCKING STATE IS NO GODDAMNED SUPPRISE EITHER.  I GUESS SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE DOSN"T APPLY TO ISLAM, OR WHAT EVER THE NEW RELIGION OF THE DAY IS FOR THE LEFT.  FUCK ALLAH AND ALL THE ASSHOLES WHO KILL AMERICANS, I SAY BRING THAT SHIT HERE TO OUR SHORES AND WE KICK YOUR DAMN ASS.

WE ARE DESTROYING OURSELVES FROM WITHIN'

ALMOST FORGOT "GOD BLESS AMERICA!"
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 3:57:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Where you guys been?.........this has been going on a long-long time......when did schools stop saying prayers in the morning?.....or the pledge of allegiance?.......we are all....POLITICALLY CORRECT nowdays......people need to take a few lessons from Bobby Bowden....one of the winning coaches in college football....ever.....it`s up to the parents now......if you want to get your kids some morals....get them to church.....we all know that the prisons are overcrouded.....don`t we?.................[stick]
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 4:07:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Private school.  My son was a Wiseman in the last Christmas play.  He also gets straight A's in Bible class (as in KJV).  

Eddie
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 4:47:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I (used) to go to school in Ca. Therefore I delcare jihad on Kaliban. School says it's good, so it must be good.

[pyro] Kaliban

Link Posted: 1/10/2002 5:00:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I guess any religion that hates America more than the liberals do is ok in public school.  

This country's fucked.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 5:29:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Who the fuck is ASSIST News Service?

And News Max has never been reliable, remember in October they were saying that the 82nd Airborne was being dropped on the Pakistani border?

This is a hoax.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 5:39:17 PM EDT
[#9]
The same yahoos who brought you *this* breaking story..

"SPIRITUAL MISSILES OF LOVE"

AS MISSILES RAINED DOWN ON AFGHANISTAN, A MEXICAN CITY WAS "HIT" WITH "SPIRITUAL MISSILES OF LOVE"

"Clowns, doctors, medics and street-witnessing team, move into Queretaro with the life-saving Gospel of Jesus Christ and see the Bible-believing church double in size."
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 10:12:00 PM EDT
[#10]
The very selective ACLU is AWOL, once again.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 11:51:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Allahu Akbar! [devil]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 12:14:01 AM EDT
[#12]
where is Byron, kalif?
never heard of it, probably has 2 schools in the district, instead of hundreds of schools in a large district.

instead of freaking out about it here online, why not contact the school district and voice your complaint with them ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top