Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2002 9:54:29 AM EDT
Will we ever see the POTUS wear one? After all, we are at war and he is commander in chief.

What would it look like if he did?

Personally, I think it would bother me.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 9:57:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know, maybe a cross between Ike and Donald Duck?

All I know is that if Klinton had worn a military uniform there would have been some serious action in D.C.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 12:31:56 PM EDT
[#2]
IMHO it would be a giant leap away from the clear recognition that the military is subserviant to civil authority.  We would drop to the same level as Hitler, Stalin, Castro, Arafat, Hussein, Kadafi, Amien, Sung,....
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 12:34:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Klinton should have declared himself "President for Life" and got himself a spiffy uniform like Khadaffi, Qhadafy, Quadaphy, or however they spell it.

Or, maybe his uniform should have been prison-gray with a big D.O.C. lettered on the back of this shirt.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 12:47:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I think Klinton would have sported something like a purple wide brim hat with a feather of some type and a matching dress coat and big shiny watch chain....white 2 inch thick belt and matching shoes....

medcop
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 12:50:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Two words:    Huggy Bear.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 1:20:44 PM EDT
[#6]
The moment a president or prime minister or whatever title they gave the man/woman for the job starts wearing a military uniform you will start to refer to him/her as El Presidente, Mein Fuhrer or any chicom/russion equivalent of it. i.e. You don't want that to happen
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top