Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2002 7:08:53 AM EDT
Since this is the General Discussion Forum, you can't get more general than this.

I don't know where to post a question like this and would like some help.

I am looking to have a kitchen built with Corian counters due to all the positive things heard, but than I have recently heard the following:

With Corian counter tops, within a few months, you will start to see shinny spots on the counter for the areas where you frequently work.

And with the sink, stains from drinks and other problems from dropping forks and knives and pans would be visible after a short amount of time.

Although you may be able to buff or fix these, it appears to be a lot more maintenance than originally thought.

Can I heard from those who have had Corian tops for a while and let me know if the above is indeed true.

Link Posted: 1/10/2002 7:47:57 AM EDT
[#1]
my parents house has corian, doesnt seem to show shineier spots for heavy use areas. as for dings from dropped knives, wood shows it to ;) corian to a lesser extent. sofar there are not noticable cuts/dings in the countertop. (3 years use) good deal id say. get them to make hotplates from the cutouts they have to do to get around your sink / stovetop. this will give you a nice workspot that will be used regularly, even these wont show alot of wear.

Link Posted: 1/10/2002 7:54:11 AM EDT
[#2]
See if there is a distributor for marble or granite near you. I priced a top for some wrought iron tables that I made and Corian was $218 while marble was about $100. Good luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top