Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2002 3:39:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 3:43:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw this, what the HELL kind of GODDAMNED BULLSHIT is this.  They're making the GODDAMNED ARMY a FUCKING fashion show.  This is about the most retarded shit since that "We have to make everyone feel special and give them a black berret crap."  WHAT THE FUCK OVER?
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 3:54:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't know they had such a difficult time recruiting people.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 3:57:44 PM EDT
[#3]
No camo nail polish.  They have gone too far!
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 3:58:26 PM EDT
[#4]
As for cell phones, the new rules state that only one "electronic device," whether a phone, pager or personal digital assistant, may be attached to a uniform. Whatever the device, it must be black, no larger than 4-by-2-by-1 inches and carried only for official duties.
View Quote

what "official duties" might one of these devices be required for?  [(:)]

Link Posted: 1/9/2002 4:01:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I hear they're replacing command dialog protocol as well.  Enlisted men will no longer have to say "Yes, sir." to an officer.  Now, they are allowed to say "Yeah, dawg."

[(:|)]
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 5:20:48 PM EDT
[#6]
My electronic device is a pager. Lots of inventory stuff is kept on palm pilots nowadays. Cell phones are cheaper and easier to use than radios. I wasn't aware that we were limited in what we could have on the uniform, except for formation. I remember once in ROTC, one of the cadets had camo nail polish, must have spent hours doing it. The Cadre MSG made her take it off, but seemed kinda pointless since we were camoing up for an FTX anyway. Don't worry, pretty soon soldiers will be able to nurse babies in formation, hi-five superior officers, and opt out of field training with a "I'm too tired" card. Man, we need a big war so bad to clean out the desk pushers. LAter.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 5:48:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
As for cell phones, the new rules state that only one "electronic device," whether a phone, pager or personal digital assistant, may be attached to a uniform. Whatever the device, it must be black, no larger than 4-by-2-by-1 inches and carried only for official duties.
View Quote

what "official duties" might one of these devices be required for?  [(:)]

View Quote

More than a decade ago, I was "on-call" while in the Army and had an ancient, early model pager. It just beeped, no other message. The dang thing kept breaking and wires would stick out and poke deep, bleeding puntures in your body. I am imagine today's troops still have to use pagers from time to time...
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 5:55:47 PM EDT
[#8]
A former Marine friend of mine told me that the army needs the cell phones "to call the Marines when they get their a$$es in a crack!"

Given the above article content, I tend to agree with him. [rolleyes]

CMOS
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 6:14:51 PM EDT
[#9]
What, no facials?
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 6:19:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Ya, I've been thinking about joining for awhile. Just didn't think they'd let me keep the dookie-braids.

Now I'm in for sure!
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 6:41:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What, no facials?
View Quote

Are you talking abut the kind you get in a salon, or... the other kind? [:O]
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 6:51:09 PM EDT
[#12]

Hey, when they started allowing [b]short, fat, weak, slow, pregnant, flat-footed, weak-kneed, ear-ring-wearing, pony-tail-keeping, overly-emotional, dainty, gotta-prove-myself-to-daddy, standards-lowering,  women's-studies-educated, tools-of-the-lesbo-NOW-clan-feminazis[/b] into the armed forces we hit rock bottom.  This is just the echo of hitting the bottom of an empty barrel.  [pissed]

To hell with women in the armed forces in ANY capacity unless their nurses, secretaries, or USO dancers.

Link Posted: 1/9/2002 6:57:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 7:16:04 PM EDT
[#14]
That is just sad, things sure have gone down hill in the past 10 years.[:(]  I remember a few ear rings being ripped out when I was in.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 7:22:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
    CSA General Shinseki needs to go!  

Kinda reminds me of CNO Admiral Zumwalt in the 1970s allowing sailors to wear beards and long mustaches.  Not to mention salt-and-pepper uniforms for all enlisted.  The next CNO said enough of this crap and set things right again.  Hopefully, the same happens when Shinseki leaves.
View Quote

Wait a minute now, I was in the Navy from '78-'86 and while I agree those goofy uniforms were a dumb idea, a sailor in crackerjacks with a trimmed beard can look sharp. Sailors throughout history have had beards giving them that "salty" look all sailors aspire to.
It was a sad day in the Navy when the razors came out in the early '80's.[:(]
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 7:24:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 7:27:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I saw this, what the HELL kind of GODDAMNED BULLSHIT is this.  They're making the GODDAMNED ARMY a FUCKING fashion show.  This is about the most retarded shit since that "We have to make everyone feel special and give them a black berret crap."  WHAT THE FUCK OVER?
View Quote

Army allows cornrows, braids and nail polish
View Quote

[size=3]This applies to women only, calm down[/size=3]

......professional appearance that really allows [b]women[/b] to groom their hair and maintain it,"
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 5:28:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey, when they started allowing [b]short, fat, weak, slow, pregnant, flat-footed, weak-kneed, ear-ring-wearing, pony-tail-keeping, overly-emotional, dainty, gotta-prove-myself-to-daddy, standards-lowering,  women's-studies-educated, tools-of-the-lesbo-NOW-clan-feminazis[/b] into the armed forces we hit rock bottom.  This is just the echo of hitting the bottom of an empty barrel.  [pissed]

To hell with women in the armed forces in ANY capacity unless their nurses, secretaries, or USO dancers.

View Quote

Well, guys, it's only the 9th day of the year and already the "Post Of The Year--Most Intelligent/Well Thought-Out" has been won.  No use trying to top this.  Bravo, Mac.

[beer]
View Quote

Well, I have to say I pretty much agree with The_Macallan, so flame away. I spent 12 years on active duty and even though I saw quite a few competent female soldiers, I don't think they belong in the military, except to free up a male soldier for a line unit. Would it fair to females if they were kept out of faster-promoting combat, combat support, and combat service support MOSs? Not at all, but then again nobody ever said the military was supposed to be fair. I might even go so far as to say that EVERY soldier should be required to be able to keep up with an infantry platoon on patrol, regardless of his MOS.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 6:15:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, guys, it's only the 9th day of the year and already the "Post Of The Year--Most Intelligent/Well Thought-Out" has been won.  No use trying to top this.  Bravo, Mac.

[beer]
View Quote

Oh man... tears...[>(]  That is good.

Nonetheless, spending the night with a "tool-of-the-lesbo-NOW-clan-feminazi" was still a lot better than sitting aroung the E-club with my buds trying to drink myself blind.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 6:21:13 PM EDT
[#20]
I think Mac is my new hero.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 6:39:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I hear they're replacing command dialog protocol as well.  Enlisted men will no longer have to say "Yes, sir." to an officer.  Now, they are allowed to say "Yeah, dawg."

[(:|)]
View Quote

It is an "Army of One"!

Quoted:
I might even go so far as to say that EVERY soldier should be required to be able to keep up with an infantry platoon on patrol, regardless of his MOS.
View Quote

Hence the slogan "Every Marine is a Rifleman".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top