Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2002 6:39:40 AM EDT
Ok you are in an area with one other person. In all aspects “completely” you are equal (IE: Training, Skills, Abilities) except that you are his senior in rank (not necessarily military maybe by some kind of weird kinship) There is a Bomb and you are on a mission to save humanity. Either of you can complete the mission. The only hold back is the Bomb. You “CANNOT!” defuse it or destroy it, it will go off. There is not enough time for both of you to run away. The only way for one of you to survive (to complete the mission) is if one of you picks up the bomb and both of you run in opposite directions.
The other person will only react on your order. So whom do you order to get the bomb?

1. Neither, and you both die trying to escape and the world is destroyed.

2. You tell the other to run with it and you complete the mission, but the other is killed.

3. You pick up the bomb and the other completes the mission, but you go out in the          
   “Proverbial Blaze of Glory!”
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 6:42:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Burn,
I detest having to be the one to tell you but since we're both in Oklahoma I'm senior and you've got the bomb !

[smoke]
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 6:44:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Soldier, pick up that bomb and haul ass!

[beer]
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 6:50:44 AM EDT
[#3]
LOL!  Im in Oklahoma too, so I hope both of you the best of luck.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 7:07:36 AM EDT
[#4]
4) You pause to consult with the guys on AR15.com and the bomb goes off while you're waiting for replies. [BD]

OK, seriously... If the fate of humanity is hanging in the balance, then the top priority is to have someone run away with the bomb.  Since I know that's the case and it's possible that my buddy doesn't, the simplest and fastest solution is for me to carry the bomb myself.  But if my buddy is feeling heroic and insists on taking the bomb, I'll hand it to him instead of wasting time arguing about it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 7:12:20 AM EDT
[#5]
If I'm this guys superior .. i.e. command structure then what HighlandMac said.

If this is my best buddy we'd probably play Rock - Scissors - Paper until we both got the blaze of glory treatment.

Ryan
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 7:15:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Is this an Okie reunion?

docmac86
Tulsa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top