Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2009 12:43:48 PM EDT
My question is, does this tattoo (Badass Eagle flexing) have any military background or anything like that?  I'd hate to get this tattoo and then find out I was disrespecting our fine soldiers.

Also, does anybody have any pictures of a similar one to this?

Link Posted: 3/18/2009 12:47:38 PM EDT
[#1]
You American? If so then this tattoo should be fine, doenst appear military, just a ripped bald eagle and American flag.

ETA: You might want to skip the blood-shot coke head eyes on the eagle though
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 12:49:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You American? If so then this tattoo should be fine, doenst appear military, just a ripped bald eagle and American flag.

I concur.
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 12:50:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I concur.

+2
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 12:50:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Why would you want the exact same tattoo that someone else already has?

Are you a woman or something?
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 12:51:04 PM EDT
[#5]
The fact that he's using it to cover up another shitty tattoo should be a lesson here.
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 12:52:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Id say 98% of people who get tattoos get something from the flash art they have in the shops, let him get that tattoo he wants.

ETA I will bet you all right now an AR15 that I have the exact same tattoo as someone else in this room
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 12:52:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The fact that he's using it to cover up another shitty tattoo should be a lesson here.

And you can totally still see the old tat.

FAIL
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 12:52:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

ETA: You might want to skip the blood-shot coke head eyes on the eagle though

That's not coke head eyes - that's rage.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 12:53:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't want that exact one, I think it looks too cartoony, I just like the concept.
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 12:54:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Id say 98% of people who get tattoos get something from the flash art they have in the shops, let him get that tattoo he wants.

Oh he can get whatever tattoo he wants.

I'm also free to say it's stupid to get flash off the wall, or to copy a tattoo you've seen on someone else.

Tattoos are supposed to be about individuality and personal meaning... not about "hey that looks cool, let me get that permanently inked onto my body so I can be just like the other 500 people who have it!"

At least that's my opinion.
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 12:58:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Tattoos are supposed to be about individuality and personal meaning... not about "hey that looks cool, let me get that permanently inked onto my body so I can be just like the other 500 people who have it!"

So what tats do you have?
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 12:59:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA I will bet you all right now an AR15 that I have the exact same tattoo as someone else in this room

Anyone gonna take me up on the bet?
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 1:01:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh he can get whatever tattoo he wants.

I'm also free to say it's stupid to get flash off the wall, or to copy a tattoo you've seen on someone else.

Tattoos are supposed to be about individuality and personal meaning
... not about "hey that looks cool, let me get that permanently inked onto my body so I can be just like the other 500 people who have it!"

That's funny you mention this.  I just had this discussion with my tattoo artist when I got my AAC tattoo for a free can, because it's the ONLY tattoo I EVER got for a reason - well 'cept the military ones.  The rest I got because I was drunk and thought they were cool.  FWIW, most were original designs though.  

BTW - if I ever find you - can I have a sammich
?
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 1:01:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyone gonna take me up on the bet?

I'm not betting you amigo!
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 1:05:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

So what tats do you have?

A design I drew up when I was in the USMC.

It's the only one I have because I haven't thought of something significant enough to warrant getting another.
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 1:05:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Dang, that eagle's brachioradialis is flippin' jacked up.

Now, everyone sees the irony in doing something millions of other people do for the purpose of being different.  But sometimes a tattoo is just a tattoo.  And sometimes people just want a tattoo.  I don't ... but I'm not gonna hate on you because you're copying some other dude.
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 1:08:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Im not a big fan of cartoony tattoos, but that looks pretty sweet.
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 1:08:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

BTW - if I ever find you - can I have a sammich[/span]?

Depends on what you're trading.
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 1:14:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

BTW - if I ever find you - can I have a sammich[/span]?

Depends on what you're trading.

An icy cold adult beverage of course!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top