Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
3/20/2017 5:03:23 PM
Posted: 1/8/2002 6:48:25 PM EDT
Being new to the gun buying field, I was wondering if there was a book or something like that that would tell me the value of guns, So I don't get bent over when I go to a gun show or local shop.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 6:53:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/8/2002 6:59:04 PM EDT by 5subslr5]
Originally Posted By flapjack: Being new to the gun buying field, I was wondering if there was a book or something like that that would tell me the value of guns, So I don't get bent over when I go to a gun show or local shop.
View Quote
Yes, there is an actual "Blue Book." Personally I prefer the "Standard Catalog of Firearms, The Collectors Price and Reference Guide." Krause Publications - (715) 445-2214 There's probably a web site too. Basically same guns as the "Blue Book" but with more pictures and more detail.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 6:55:17 PM EDT
"Blue Book of Gun Values", by S.P. Fjestad. Many stores use it. Hope it helps.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 12:42:17 PM EDT
Yeah, it sucks. At least the part I looked at on AK's. Listed a bunch at $400 that you couldn't get for anywhere near that. Not to mention some czech ak as available when there has never been any such thing in the USA. Worthless.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 12:53:20 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SF: "Blue Book of Gun Values", by S.P. Fjestad. Many stores use it. Hope it helps.
View Quote
This is the one everybody uses. You take the condition of your gun say 98% and divide by 2 (50%) and this is what the dealer will offer you. When you are buying take the value and add some to it and that is what they will be asking for it. You should be able to buy your guns new for the 100% price or a little less...if not shop around. BigDozer66
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 2:15:17 PM EDT
It's not "worthless," but take it with a grain of salt. Look at that and look at Gun Lists and you'll have a ballpark idea.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 2:20:08 PM EDT
Top Top