Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2002 6:48:25 PM EDT
Being new to the gun buying field, I was wondering if there was a book or something like that that would tell me the value of guns, So I don't get bent over when I go to a gun show or local shop.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 6:53:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Being new to the gun buying field, I was wondering if there was a book or something like that that would tell me the value of guns, So I don't get bent over when I go to a gun show or local shop.
View Quote

Yes, there is an actual "Blue Book."

Personally I prefer the "Standard Catalog of Firearms, The Collectors Price and Reference Guide."
Krause Publications - (715) 445-2214
There's probably a web site too.

Basically same guns as the "Blue Book" but with more pictures and more detail.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 6:55:17 PM EDT
[#2]
"Blue Book of Gun Values", by S.P. Fjestad.

Many stores use it.

Hope it helps.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 12:42:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, it sucks. At least the part I looked at on AK's. Listed a bunch at $400 that you couldn't get for anywhere near that. Not to mention some czech ak as available when there has never been any such thing in the USA. Worthless.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 12:53:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
"Blue Book of Gun Values", by S.P. Fjestad.

Many stores use it.

Hope it helps.
View Quote

This is the one everybody uses.
You take the condition of your gun say 98% and divide by 2 (50%) and this is what the dealer will offer you.
When you are buying take the value and add some to it and that is what they will be asking for it.
You should be able to buy your guns new for the 100% price or a little less...if not shop around.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 2:15:17 PM EDT
[#5]
It's not "worthless," but take it with a grain of salt.  Look at that and look at Gun Lists and you'll have a ballpark idea.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 2:20:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top