Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2002 7:16:54 PM EDT
I am applying for a mortagage and there are a few things on my credit report that are giving me problems.  I have been on the various credit companies sites, Experian etc. And the sites  are extremely difficult navigate, let alone dispute any entries.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 7:28:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 7:33:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply Paul.  The problem is that I had a wallet stolen in KA.  Someone was able to lease a vehicle and get several phone accounts.  This just kills my score into the 600s.  I am trying to dispute the entries but it would be easier to hit a quarter sized target at 400yards!  These people suck!  They make it easy to put entries in but extremely difficult to remove them.  I am thinking about getting a lawyer to do this.  Save me a lot of hair pulling.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 7:57:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Check out
[url]www.ftc.gov/bcp/menu-credit.htm[/url]
wait to get a lawyer, he will only take your money.

Tom
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 8:00:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I think you can write each creditor and ask them to "reaffirm" the collection or debt.If I remeber right this cause them to prove the debt is still owed.You must do it in writing.Phone calls are worthless.  Good luck
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 8:04:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Take a look at Equifax's website for advise. They are one of the big 3 credit reporting agencies.

Could also try:
[url]www.cccsla.org[/url]
[url]www.consumer.gov/idtheft[/url]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 10:24:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 10:28:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Ardoc
really the only way to do it right is to write each one disputing the validity of the negative entries.  You can include any and all documentation (copies of course!) to back up your claim such as letters from the companies saying you don't owe the debt.  Takes longer but it's the only way I've found to get it sorted out correctly...

HTH
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top