Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2002 2:23:39 PM EDT
I got a bit intoxicated last night. I was messing around with the ironing board (god knows why), and I saw that the iron was about to fall off.

So, natually I grabbed it. I placed my whole thumb and "joint" area of my hand on the metal part of the iron. I pick it up, and HOLY SHIT, it's on!

Oh my god that hurt like no other thing. Today, it's all blistered up.

Funny thing is, the pain from the burn/trama of it happening seemed to multiply the effects of the alcohol I had dranken.

I can usally hold my drinks extreamly well. Not last night though.

Had ice on it all night, it still hurts.

Funny thing is, I look at the iron today, and the switch is in the "off" position.

NEVER LEAVE YOUR IRON PLUGGED IN!!!!
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 2:25:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Why do drunk people feed the need to fuck with everything they own right before they go to sleep? [;)]

1. Ease up on the liquor (or not).
2. Lock up the guns.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 2:30:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Geesh

You do have a problem with electrical things.

Link Posted: 1/5/2002 2:33:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Good thing you didn't decide to screw with the blender.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 2:45:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Man, you have a difficult time with mechanic/electrical objects. First the Zippo, now the iron, whats next? Checking a leaky gas stove with your Zippo?

Dude, do us a favor. Lock up the liquor cabinet and your firearms. Start collecting the "For Dummies" books and read all of them.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 2:48:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Man, you have a difficult time with mechanic/electrical objects. First the Zippo, now the iron, whats next? Checking a leaky gas stove with your Zippo?

Dude, do us a favor. Lock up the liquor cabinet and your firearms. Start collecting the "For Dummies" books and read all of them.
View Quote

Pardon my ignorance!!!
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 3:44:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Funny thing is, the pain from the burn/trama of it happening seemed to multiply the effects of the alcohol I had dranken.
View Quote
[i]Dranken[/i]?  Dude, you haven't sobered up yet.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 4:24:53 PM EDT
[#7]
How did you figure out how to open the bottles?
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 4:45:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Pardon my ignorance!!!
View Quote

No, wait!!! Do check your leaky stove with the zippo. I would love to hear the story, with all the details!! hehehehehe

[smoke]
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 4:56:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I would agree.  I know people who had an iron start of small fire because it melted, even with the switch on the off position.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 5:50:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I think we should call for alcohol registration to prevent this from happening to someone else.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 6:18:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I think we should call for alcohol registration to prevent this from happening to someone else.
View Quote

AND background checks for all iron purchasers. If it saves one life, it will be worth it! [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 6:20:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Good thing you didn't decide to screw with the blender.
View Quote

Or worse, screw the blender. OUCH! [:D]
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 7:33:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 7:46:14 PM EDT
[#14]
I hope you don't smoke, ComputerGuy.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 7:55:06 PM EDT
[#15]
The only good thing irons are good for is making grilled government handout cheese sammiches.  I just don't understand why people bother ironing clothes since they just get wrinkled again anyway.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 8:04:04 PM EDT
[#16]
It's my fault.
The thread was clearly titled.

Why would I read and then respond to a thread about an un-plugged iron ?

If I'm this bored I may as well go back to work on my "Rev. Al Sharpton for President" posters.

[smoke]
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 8:16:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The only good thing irons are good for is making grilled government handout cheese sammiches.  I just don't understand why people bother ironing clothes since they just get wrinkled again anyway.
View Quote

Actually, the clothes do stay unwrinkled, unless they get wet, or you purposly, and forcefully bunch them up.

Maybe if you ironed your clothes, your apperence would get better, and in turn, you would get more "womenz".

If I was a chick, I wouldn't want a man in wrinkly clothes.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 8:57:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If I was a chick, I wouldn't want a man in wrinkly clothes.
View Quote

If you were a chick you would know how to use an iron[;)]

sgtar15
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 3:39:24 PM EDT
[#19]

Start collecting the "For Dummies" books and read all of them.
View Quote

Hey yeah, I got "Bartending for Dummies" for Christmas, you should look into that one. [:D]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 3:42:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Imbroglio, man!  Have you ever TRIED the government cheese.  On a dare, I got a "cheese card" in college back in 1987.  Picked up 3 "bricks" of that cheese one week.  You couldn't melt it with a torch, the stuff is polymerized and nuclear-hardened.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 3:45:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 11:47:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 7:48:16 PM EDT
[#23]
I just missed seeing this thread on Page 1.

It's well, so.................
[smoke]
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 7:53:34 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm always surprised about the personal screw-ups that unknown people admit to on this board. Absolutely amazing.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 8:00:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 8:08:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 8:16:28 PM EDT
[#27]
I'll be waiting for you to receive your darwin award.

Link Posted: 1/8/2002 8:17:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'll be waiting for you to receive your darwin award.

View Quote

But first there must be the nomination.

[smoke]
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 8:45:30 PM EDT
[#29]
...so I cast my eyes across the web looking for the Coalition for Iron Control.  Google returned a recent news article showing an example of what has been achieved with 'iron control' in this nice little country called Afghanistan:
 [URL]http://www.smh.com.au/news/0111/19/world/world2.html[/URL]

I'm sure they had the right idea controlling those dangerous and horribly mutilating irons.  After all, no one NEEDS an iron.  Unless it has a militia purpose as per the Marshall decision.  Like, er, pressing freshly laundered uniforms or something.  Though my friends in Iron Control Inc tell me that that sort of thing would probably be a collective right and wouldn't apply to individuals anyway.

[:)>] (goatee icon chosen as there were no sheeple icons)

Seriously, a former roommate managed to burn an iron-shaped hole in my carpet.  It seems that the lack of 'smart' features on the part of either my roommate or the iron or possibly both allowed the iron to rest face down on the carpet until an acrid burning odor was noticed from the next room...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top