Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2002 4:12:41 AM EDT
Basically, Indianapolis tried to pass a law demanding that kids prove parental consent to play violent games in arcades because they cause kids to go bad and the government is a better/wiser parent than parents are. Of course the city lost and has to pay all the game industry legal fees and other costs for fighting it.

[url]www.starnews.com/article.php?legalfees04.html,news[/url]

Goes with the "blame the tools, not the individuals" crap. Kind of like the same arguments about suing gun manufacturers.

Personally, I wouldn't want my kids to play violent games, but I figure that's my job as a parent to teach them the difference between games and reality, and my right to let them decide when I think they are smart enough to know the difference. Gub'ment can keep there parenting to themselves.
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 5:20:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 5:33:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, that's been the worst thing to come from Indy in quite a while. No one wants to place blame on the parents these days. If parents would be parents and not babysitters, we wouldn't have the problems like we do now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top