call them and ask them how much it is

Link Posted: 2/20/2009 2:44:30 PM EDT
[#2]
A whole trailer or the car dolly?

Dolly will run about $50-70...

You lazy motherfucker...
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 2:45:58 PM EDT
[#3]
If your going long distance might as well buy a used trailer on Craigs list. The price they quoted me was outrageous.

Link Posted: 2/20/2009 2:47:57 PM EDT
[#4]
The trailers are a rip. My friend's gf worked for uhaul. The brake and light connector on the trailer is special so you have to BUY a wiring harness adapter

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 2:48:59 PM EDT
[#5]
just go to their site and check out the price
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 2:49:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If your going long distance might as well buy a used trailer on Craigs list. The price they quoted me was outrageous.

yeah no prob, Ill go buy a used 1500 dollar car hauler. Ill just pull that money out of my ass.
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 2:50:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Every time I've rented a truck it wasn't worth it to get a stand alone trailer. More room and sometimes cheaper with a truck, minus the gas.
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 2:51:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah no prob, Ill go buy a used 1500 dollar car hauler. Ill just pull that money out of my ass.

Well they wanted over a grand to rent one for a drive from the East coast to TX.

This was last year though.
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 2:52:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

You lazy motherfucker...

Buckmaw, I need a rental car from hertz in Denver next week.  How much will that be?  

Link Posted: 2/20/2009 2:59:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

You lazy motherfucker...

Buckmaw, I need a rental car from hertz in Denver next week.  How much will that be?  

Alright Alright, I'm a lazy motherfucker!!!  I never said I wasent.
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 3:06:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The trailers are a rip. My friend's gf worked for uhaul. The brake and light connector on the trailer is special so you have to BUY a wiring harness adapter

-Foxxz

Must be her location I have rented from them dozens of times and never had to use anything but the standard attachment.

Are you moving a car that already runs? Also you can't use the dolly on a rear wheel drive car unless you disconnect the drive shaft.
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 3:16:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
just go to their site and check out the price

No shit!
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 3:17:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Foxxz

Must be her location I have rented from them dozens of times and never had to use anything but the standard attachment.

Are you moving a car that already runs? Also you can't use the dolly on a rear wheel drive car unless you disconnect the drive shaft.

Nope doesnt run. Its my great uncles 1951 ford 2 door coupe. ITs been in my aunts garage for 25 years. She letting me have it.  You can on a standard transmission car.   It will ruin an auto tranny flat towing because the fluid is not circulating and it will overheat.
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 4:49:23 PM EDT
[#14]
How about one of those tow bars?
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 5:16:27 PM EDT
[#15]
I am moving next week and I rented a truck and a car trailer.
I only have to go about 200 miles and it cost $60 extra for the trailer one way.
Link Posted: 2/21/2009 10:52:34 AM EDT
[#16]
I needed an enclosed trailer to haul a load from the Mid-West once. They wanted something like 700$ to rent one way. The local rate was less that $20 a day and the Main Store wouldn't rent for for more than a few days at that rate. I found a local hole in the wall rental place that would do it. They picked up the trailer from the main yard, let me have it for 11 days and the total bill was somewhere around $170.
Link Posted: 2/21/2009 11:06:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

-Foxxz

*DISCLAIMER: I work for an independant U-Haul dealer. Don't consider this a quote.*

The don't normally do that anymore. They have pretty much standardized to the universal 4-way flat connector these days.If you ask, you can probably get a trailer with the normal 4-way plug. If your trucks wiring is messed up, don't expect us to fix it for free. If you dont have the proper adapter, its not our fault.

A local rental for a Auto Transport trailer is $49.95+ optional insurance and tax around here. Thats for one day, 24 hour period. Sometimes renting locally (and returning it to the store you picked it up from) is cheaper than the one way rate. The insurance is by the day... and optional.

One way rates from one place to another will be different. I've seen rates from $70-500 lately, depending upon pickup location and destination. The rates are based on demand and availabiltiy. I'd suggest reserving one ahead of time, if possible. They may or may not have one in stock if you dont reserve it.

Link Posted: 2/24/2009 4:24:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Foxxz

Nope doesnt run. Its my great uncles 1951 ford 2 door coupe. ITs been in my aunts garage for 25 years. She letting me have it.  You can on a standard transmission car.   It will ruin an auto tranny flat towing because the fluid is not circulating and it will overheat.

Getting it on the trailer might suck unless you have a winch or enough people to push it. I recently used one to move my 30th Anniversary Z28 but it wouldn't start.
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 4:28:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Foxxz

Getting it on the trailer might suck unless you have a winch or enough people to push it. I recently used one to move my 30th Anniversary Z28 but it wouldn't start.

Check my other post.  The deed is done.  I borrowed my buddies goosneck trailer. It was easy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top