Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2002 11:40:24 AM EDT
I'm looking for a used truck.

I need it to be a V-6, Man or Auto Trans, low milage, XCab, etc.

What types of trucks would fit this profile?

What models I should say.

I'd prefer GMC, Ford, Chevy, Dodge makers.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 11:50:52 AM EDT
[#1]
If you take the trunk lid off a Geo Prizm, that turns into a nice truck.  And great gas milage.  

I would say in the early 90's is your best bang for the buck right now in the Geo Prism trunk-lidless market.

Don't let them screw you with the undercarrage spray!  Geo's don't need it.  They are rust proof.  Speaking of water, be sure to poke some holes in the trunk to water can get out when it rains.  My Geo has 278,000 miles and Rally sport exhaust.  You won't be sorry.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 11:59:13 AM EDT
[#2]
You have a lot of options.  In a small truck, I'd suggest the Ford Ranger.  In a full size truck (a v-6 might be underpowered here), the Ford F-150, or the GMC/Chevy 1500 series would be good options.  Personally, in a used vehicle, I stay away from Dodge.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 8:24:46 PM EDT
[#3]
little truck........I say get a big truck
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 8:27:51 PM EDT
[#4]
The 4.3 is a great engine...in little trucks. If you insist on a V6 then I say S-10 or Sonoma.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 8:27:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 8:27:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Buy my 4Runner.  4wheel drive, power accessories, 3.0l v6, yadda yadda yadda.  I'm in Southern CA.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 2:47:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Funny, but the only  " REAL" TRUCK manufacturer on your list is Ford. F-150 has everything you could ever want or need. [:)>]
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 4:14:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Have no doubt - if you purchase a full size xcab truck with a 6 banger, your name will be "I hate my truck".  Poor performance AND mileage.  I am only familiar with American makes.

Tate
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 4:18:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Go with the American made Toyota Tacoma (from Japanese parts). The Mexican made Ford trucks are junk.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top