Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2002 7:32:34 AM EDT
inc, what questions would you ask?  If you had a chance to grill some million mom marcher what kind of questions would you ask them?

What kind of questions would you like to see asked of Second Amendment Sisters?
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 7:36:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I would ask them to close their eyes and remain perfectly still while I bring my baseball bat into the windup stance. [;)]
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 7:37:37 AM EDT
[#2]
No, for reals.  Give me some poignant questions to ask of the Anti's.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 7:38:40 AM EDT
[#3]
1. How do you explain the FACT that cities with the strictes gun control laws have the highest crime rates?

Do you ever think for yourself; or are all of your decisions based on the idiotic philosophies of the Democratic party line?

[50]
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 7:40:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 7:40:35 AM EDT
[#5]
What would be a good question to ask along the lines of "Dial 911 and Die?"
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 7:44:49 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm curious how their gun free utopia would be fundamentally different than the gun free utopias under Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, Mao, etc.  Or were those "not so bad"?  Of course, we have more recent examples with the UK, Canada and Australia, all having marked increases in gun violence since the laws got stiffer.  How much more violence do we tolerate in the name of "stopping violence" before we admit that this approach is actually causing the increase in violent crimes?
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 7:45:07 AM EDT
[#7]
1. Why do you value the life of the criminal over your A. Own Life, B. Children's Lives, C. Family's Lives. (pick one)

I mean come on, why are these people so willing to give up the right of self defense so a criminal can do them harm? I love it when they say, "Well, I'd just call the police."  My answer to that is "So, you're willing for a man or woman making 40 or fifty grand a year to come and risk their lives to save you when you won't do it for yourself?"  

Please...the sheep make me sick.    

Link Posted: 1/4/2002 7:50:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Q. When does the police get to the scene of a crime?

A. After it's a crime.

Q. When does the victim get to the scene of a crime?

A. As it's happening.

Q. Who needs a gun more?
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 7:52:34 AM EDT
[#9]
If your house were under attack by hoodlums that were currently breaking down the front door...which would you prefer to have....

A cell phone or a Glock!!
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 8:05:33 AM EDT
[#10]
If I had the chance to interview a HCI representative, I think I'd decline.  Whats the point?  Its not as if you'll convert them - they think they know whats best for every American and there is [b]nothing[/b] you can say which will dissuade them.  You might as well talk to the wall - its an exercise in futility.

Now, trying to convert the undecided and the ambivalent - thats spending your time wisely.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 8:06:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If I had the chance to interview a HCI representative, I think I'd decline.  Whats the point?  Its not as if you'll convert them - they think they know whats best for every American and there is [b]nothing[/b] you can say which will dissuade them.  You might as well talk to the wall - its an exercise in futility.

Now, trying to convert the undecided and the ambivalent - thats spending your time wisely.
View Quote

I'm trying to do a feature on the Second Amendment Sisters, I want the otherside of the story and I don't care about making them look dumb.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 8:40:33 AM EDT
[#12]
I don't have anything for you to add, but if you could argue concealed carry around the US, and [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=82964[/url] I'd be happy.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 8:58:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I don't have anything for you to add, but if you could argue concealed carry around the US, and [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=82964[/url] I'd be happy.
View Quote

This is a good point ET3, what particular question would you pose?  Why do you have to be 21 to carry concealed when you can be 18 to join the military, serve your country and die for your country?
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 9:07:06 AM EDT
[#14]
If you ever begin a conversation with an Anti, be sure to begin with an agreement that NEITHER one of you will use any numerical statistics.  Both sides can pull numbers out of their a$$ all day long.

Instead, ehgage in a rational discussion revolving on the REALITIES of being able to be responsible for your own safety, including the reality that the LEO community cannot protect you.  The police can only *respond* to a crime.
NO NUMBERS folks.  We have unlimited ammo to use in this discussion without the use of numbers.

Done this many times, and it works.

CMOS
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 9:09:50 AM EDT
[#15]
I would ask a Gun Control Nut
(1.) Do you have a firearm at home ?

(2.) A Common claim that is made by the Gun Control Lobby is that Americans are safer from crime and homicides by not owning any firearms.
Do you believe this to be true ?

(If the Gun Control Freak answers yes..then..I ask the following..)

Clearly you are supportive of this Hypothesis. Would you be willing to have a study done verifying the results of your claim ?

(If the Gun Grabbing Facist answers yes..)

Ok. Since you agree that studys back up your claim and that other studys would only verify it. How about if all members of your organization and members of the NRA post signs on their front lawns. Informing anyone if there are (or are NOT) any firearms within the home.
Then we can see which group experiences a higher rate of burglaries and home invasion robberies.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 9:13:07 AM EDT
[#16]
This is real crude but I have used it to a great level of effectiveness. It really helps to be a good actor. Get real shifty and act shady. Walk around them ogling their body up and down. Then get real nasty like a rapist.

Then in your breathiest rapist voice, say, "You look like you need a good fuck and my big cock is throbbing for your hot wetness."

Before they have any chance to respond with their obvious disgust, change your tone to the most stern drill instructor voice and say, "That made you feel really bad didn't it. Now imagine how bad you would feel if someone said that to you and then proceeded to follow through with it. How are you going to feel for the rest of your life knowing that some filthy stranger invaded you? How does it feel not being able to close your eyes at night? How does it feel to be afraid to go into a dark room? How does it feel to have your sex life permenantly altered? How does it feel? How does that heavy man feel groaning and grinding himself into you while you are pinned helplessly underneath him?

(scream at the top of your lungs at them) FEELS REAL GOOD DOESN'T IT!!! YOU LIKE IT!!! YOU LIKE HAVING YOUR ASS FILLED UP BY AN HIV POSITIVE FELON. YOU LIKE BEING A VICTIM DON'T YOU! YOU HAVE A DEEP DARK FANTASY TO BE KIDNAPPED AND RAPED OVER AND OVER AND OVER FOR DAYS WHILE THE STENCH OF HIS FILTH COVERS YOUR SWEATY WEAKENED BRIUSED UNWASHED BODY."

Then pause for a second - - it will be REAL quiet.

Then calmly and quietly whisper

"YOU WANT TO PUSH THIS OFF ON EVERY SINGLE WOMAN ON THE PLANET BY DISARMING THEM AS HELPLESS PIECES OF MEAT JUST WAITING FOR THE NEXT PREDATOR TO COME ALONG!

I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND THE LOGIC"

I really did this to a girl. She started crying. It was awesome. Now she shoots sometimes with my wife and I.

Link Posted: 1/4/2002 9:38:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
(scream at the top of your lungs at them) FEELS REAL GOOD DOESN'T IT!!! YOU LIKE IT!!! YOU LIKE HAVING YOUR ASS FILLED UP BY...
View Quote

LOL, I see that going over real well.

RRotz, yeah... anything along those lines.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 10:09:48 AM EDT
[#18]
What kind of questions would you like to see asked along the lines of arming school teachers or allowing them the choice to arm themselves in the classroom.

Anything in regards to the old adage "an armed society is a polite society?"

Link Posted: 1/4/2002 11:56:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Keep the intelligent questions coming.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 12:16:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I would ask a Gun Control Nut
(1.) Do you have a firearm at home ?
...snip...
Then we can see which group experiences a higher rate of burglaries and home invasion robberies.
View Quote

I pulled almost this exact line of reason on a Misguided Mommy when a few friends and I went downtown to counterprotest their pathetic little Kumbaya session.

1. She opened the play by telling me that she had raised her children just fine without ever having a gun in the house.

2. I asked her if she had posted a sign on her front lawn informing all and sundry that she and her children lived in a "Gun-free home?"
Answer: "No."

3. I informed her that she then owed me a debt for protecting her and her children from harm since when potential home invader robber rapists consider a house to target, they have to assume all homes not clearly marked "Gun-free" as containing firearms. My ownership of a firearm enabled her and her family to keep criminals guessing and therefore apprehensive and cautious.

4. She opened her mouth and, wonder of wonders, absolutely no sound at all came out for about five blissful seconds. Then she launched into the tired old lie about firearms in the home being 43 times more likely to take the life of someone living in the home than to be used in self-defense.

[b]Conclusion:[/b] Logic is a useless tool in this fight. Good luck to you, sir.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 12:20:23 PM EDT
[#21]
I have only one question for them:

"Why are you guys so friggen stupid?"

Link Posted: 1/4/2002 12:25:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Appeal to the liberal love of the "underdog", and ask how the elderly or disabled are expected to defend themselves till the police arrive?
How does one run and hide when in a wheelchair?
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 12:37:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Appeal to the liberal love of the "underdog", and ask how the elderly or disabled are expected to defend themselves till the police arrive?
How does one run and hide when in a wheelchair?
View Quote

They'll come back with suicide stats, and claim having a gun increases the chances the elderly will shoot themselves.

Jarhead nailed it. You can't reason with these people.

To elaborate, these anti-inanimate objects folks are driven NOT by reason, logic or genuine concern for people, they are driven by agenda.

They are just CERTAIN guns are bad. Right and wrong are defined by what advances the agenda. Therefore, ANYTHING that gets rid of guns is good, and anything pro-gun is bad. Things that get rid of guns need not be logical, truthful or even sane.

You can't even use their OWN "logic" against them, as they will contrdict their OWN logic for their AGENDA.

Only insults work with them. That, and perhaps a mugging. Only when THEIR life is threatened will the truth begin to register, and even THAT isn't 100% effective.

Liberals [rolleyes]

Link Posted: 1/4/2002 2:12:33 PM EDT
[#24]
i would kneecap him/her and say if u had a gun you would have stopped me
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 2:59:08 PM EDT
[#25]
I would ask:   "Why do you want to control me so badly?"

It is not about guns, it is about control.  There is no point arguing with gun grabbers because they are irrational, emotional, violent fear mongers.  Logic, truth, reality, and facts are irrelevant to them.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 3:43:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
No, for reals.  Give me some poignant questions to ask of the Anti's.
View Quote
Sorry, I would not bother with them.  All you would hear would be more LIES and the truth would not affect them one bit.  Why bother?  These people don't want to know the facts, they have already made theirs up.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 4:12:17 PM EDT
[#27]
I don't buy the arguement about the disparity in ages for military service and legal age to drink or purchase handguns.  An 18 year old in the military is under constant supervision and trained rigorously.  Although military training can greatly increase the maturity of a young person, this is not always the case.  Just go to the local hangouts near a base...
         An 18 year old is not precluded from firing or hunting with a handgun, just purchasing or possessing a handgun.  Such a person is legally required to have adult supervision as he would have in the military.

And for a question for the anti's...

You don't want me to have a gun but why do you want the police to have them?  If you make it illegal to have guns and the law abiding like me turn them in, why do cops need guns then?  Do you think making guns illegal will have a similar effect on the number of guns on the street as drug laws have had on the availability of drugs on the street?

Link Posted: 1/4/2002 11:37:32 PM EDT
[#28]
I would ask them for a job. I would be the tom diaz of bcphv, only I would write better reports on why guns should be banned.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 4:27:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
You can't even use their OWN "logic" against them, as they will contrdict their OWN logic for their AGENDA.

Only insults work with them. That, and perhaps a mugging. Only when THEIR life is threatened will the truth begin to register, and even THAT isn't 100% effective.

Liberals [rolleyes]
View Quote

Liberals?  Throw in deleting posts that make them look bad and lying and their tactics are no different from yours garandman! [rolleyes]

-Velveeta
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 4:54:28 AM EDT
[#30]
I've posed this question to some antis that I work with.

ME) Suppose you were a criminal (bugular, rapeist, ect), what group of people would be the least likely that you commit a crime against?

ANTI) POLICE

ME) Why is that??

ANTI) They carry a gun.

ME) [;)] EXACTLY!!!! End of debate.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top