Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2002 3:27:55 AM EDT
I'm failing miserably in my attempts to buy ready-made .22LR with wax in place of the slug.  I've tried making my own by putting a wax plug in place of the lead, and they function fine... but I was hoping to use them in a bolt action (tube fed), and they won't chamber (due to there being no slug to ramp into the breech, I'm assuming) unless I push them into the breech by hand.  The wax is too soft to form into any kind of protruding cone shape, and I'm not inclined to put anything harder than wax out in front.  Am I doomed, or is there any way to solve this problem?
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 4:16:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top