Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 395
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 11:18:07 AM EDT
[#1]
You want test? Start doing heavy legs. Squats/Deadlifts. You'll need a spotter. Or use the Smith machine or half squat machine.

Link Posted: 4/3/2009 11:33:30 AM EDT
[#2]
a cypionate ester or enanthate ester of testosterone could be a simple 1x/week shot .the half-life of the ester would keep T levels high as an 18 year old and you would feel great. also, don't buy into the "never come off" bit. if you want the higher T levels all your life you can't come off, but there are studies showing HPTA recovery from people who have been on suppressive compounds for a LONG time.

ask your doctor about a testosterone cypionate shot. its the most common by far. don't be surprised if he backs off the idea a bit, but it's far superior to a transdermal in terms of ease of use, effectiveness, cost, etc.
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 11:34:42 AM EDT
[#3]

I'm sure its been said already, but stop whacking off.

Link Posted: 4/3/2009 11:39:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Just do some bench presses and leg squats.
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 12:01:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By mtechgunman:
I'm sure its been said already, but stop whacking off.

DAMMIT!  Tell my wife to leave me alone then!
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 12:04:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By peekay:
You want test? Start doing heavy legs. Squats/Deadlifts. You'll need a spotter. Or use the Smith machine or half squat machine.

If that is the case, he is better off, not squatting at all.  The Smith machine causes more injuries than people doing unspotted squats.

And really, you don't need a spotter every time you squat.
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 12:08:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By snoopaloop:
What's your diet like?  Please don't say low fat or low cholesterol because if it is, that's a big reason why your levels are in the toilet.

well,  I had a relatively high fat diet like most Americans,  but when I started running and could not loose any weight and was not improving my times at all,  I stopped normal eating and have gone low carb for the time being to try and get the weight of another way.  

So I'm eating plenty of fat but no carbs that I know of.  I DO need to start lifting weights again but it's very very hard with my job/schedule right now.  I basically work 10 hours a day and then go home for baseball practices and stuff like that.

I will try to work into weights again but it's been tough.  I have lost 20 lbs or so on low carb and that's helped the knees a lot but I need to lose maybe 40 more.

our "normal" running route was 4 miles and that would take me about 50 minutes or so. I "run" at a slow jog. I could jog the whole way but I'm sorta slow. (remember I'm 335 lbs or so. Offensive line guy.  I can move a lot of weight very fast but long distance has always been hard for me)  now I go maybe 1.5 mile on the treadmill and I'm SHOT.  normally after three weeks of that I'd be able to go 2.5-2.5 miles  OK. After a month,  I could hit 4 miles no big issue.

So I ran 3-4 times a week for a couple months,  at the end, I was still barely making 1.5 miles alive.  I'd get dead.  no muscle mass was building and cardio was not building up.  So I'm wondering if the same thing will happen when I start in on the weights.....

I'm interested in this Cipionate shot.  some people on here have said it's going to hurt like a mother when you take it.  is it killing you guys?

Also, for the guys on Andro and Cypionate,  do your nuts shrivel up and how bad?  I read and article that said they were like tic-tacs.  I don't want none of that!  I have a reputation to uphold.
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 12:15:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By crashburnrepeat:
Originally Posted By snoopaloop:
What's your diet like?  Please don't say low fat or low cholesterol because if it is, that's a big reason why your levels are in the toilet.

well,  I had a relatively high fat diet like most Americans,  but when I started running and could not loose any weight and was not improving my times at all,  I stopped normal eating and have gone low carb for the time being to try and get the weight of another way.  

So I'm eating plenty of fat but no carbs that I know of.  I DO need to start lifting weights again but it's very very hard with my job/schedule right now.  I basically work 10 hours a day and then go home for baseball practices and stuff like that.

I will try to work into weights again but it's been tough.  I have lost 20 lbs or so on low carb and that's helped the knees a lot but I need to lose maybe 40 more.

our "normal" running route was 4 miles and that would take me about 50 minutes or so. I "run" at a slow jog. I could jog the whole way but I'm sorta slow. (remember I'm 335 lbs or so. Offensive line guy.  I can move a lot of weight very fast but long distance has always been hard for me)  now I go maybe 1.5 mile on the treadmill and I'm SHOT.  normally after three weeks of that I'd be able to go 2.5-2.5 miles  OK. After a month,  I could hit 4 miles no big issue.

So I ran 3-4 times a week for a couple months,  at the end, I was still barely making 1.5 miles alive.  I'd get dead.  no muscle mass was building and cardio was not building up.  So I'm wondering if the same thing will happen when I start in on the weights.....

You also have to make sure your calorie intake is high enough, since people usually cut too many calories when they go low carb.  Cross Fit was mentioned before and I think you should look into that for your workouts instead of all the running.  The running can potentially be raising your cortisol (stress hormone that eats away at muscle), which is already jacked up from your lifestyle.  You aren't doing your knees any favors either due to your size.  

Link Posted: 4/3/2009 12:16:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Kudos for posting this in General instead of Team.  You're  a brave man.

These are my observations; I'm not a medical professional.

I've had dips in activity, personally.  Usually once stress has hung around too long, it takes its toll.  I get stressed, eat worse, less exercise, then I can't sleep, then there's a drink or three to help me sleep, need more coffee, etc.  Usually I get cranky too, and get more worked up over little BS things.  It''s a bad cycle.

What has worked for me so far is a focus on getting a healthy balance back, in body and mind.  Sooner or later, I'm back firing on all cylinders.
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 12:17:08 PM EDT
[#10]
I have low test,went too 2 docs had blood work that was about 400 bucks,my testosterone level was around 211,a 6 year old girl has higher test lol and i am 38, they put me on Testosterone Cypionate ,it was about $125 bucks and i had to shoot in my ass once a week,it was get to be too much so i started to  buy over seas to save money what cost 125 now cost me 40 bucks a month,
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 12:23:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By vim:
Kudos for posting this in General instead of Team.  You're  a brave man.

These are my observations; I'm not a medical professional.

I've had dips in activity, personally.  Usually once stress has hung around too long, it takes its toll. I get stressed, eat worse, less exercise, then I can't sleep, then there's a drink or three to help me sleep, need more coffee, etc.  Usually I get cranky too, and get more worked up over little BS things.  It''s a bad cycle.

What has worked for me so far is a focus on getting a healthy balance back, in body and mind.  Sooner or later, I'm back firing on all cylinders.

this sounds about right. Things haven't been going too well at work lately and yesterday I was just waiting for the heart attack to hit.

I realize if I retired and went to the beach this would fix itself. so far I have not come up with any plans to make myself independently wealthy short of pimping myself out but the low T thing means only 1 client a day

plus my wife was not a big fan of that plan. So I'm still trying to figure out something else. I should go read the investment thread again....
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 1:43:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Have you checked your blood lead levels?Not a doctor but i think increased levels can cause similar symptoms . Just an idea
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 1:49:48 PM EDT
[#13]
grow a set of balls

really see a doctor asap.
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 1:51:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Milewsky80:
Grow some balls

actually my balls are huge.  they are apparently just lazy.

I'm gonna be really nice and not add that to my sigline

I do hope you'll be feeling better soon.
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 2:04:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By PlaymoreMinds:
Grow some balls

thanks.  the disturbing part is you remembered that from an earlier post and brought it up.  I may have some editing to do.

this is one of the most embarrassing parts of the whole experience.  If I experience much "shrinkage" in this department,  it will suck. I have always sort of "stood out" in this category.

men are weird about this I admit that.  The endo i am seeing is a female. She's also older and does not understand the male attachment to this particular metric.

I expressed some concern over possible changes if I went on the meds.  She got this exasperated look and said "do you want a great sex drive or large testicles?!"

I about died.
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 2:13:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Grow some balls

thanks.  the disturbing part is you remembered that from an earlier post and brought it up.  I may have some editing to do.

this is one of the most embarrassing parts of the whole experience.  If I experience much "shrinkage" in this department,  it will suck. I have always sort of "stood out" in this category.

men are weird about this I admit that.  The endo i am seeing is a female. She's also older and does not understand the male attachment to this particular metric.

I expressed some concern over possible changes if I went on the meds.  She got this exasperated look and said "do you want a great sex drive or large testicles?!"

I about died.

No, in true ARFcom fashion,  you said, "Get both!"

Link Posted: 4/3/2009 2:17:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ZekeMenuar] [#17]
My doctor prescribed Androgel.  I do a mild workout three times a week and walk everywhere I can.

My wife is in charge of diet.  Fresh veggies, watching calories and no HFCS.

It's done wonders and my energy level has gone way up.

Link Posted: 4/3/2009 2:19:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By 230grains:
It's made from pregnant women's urine....

So what you're saying is... even if it had no beneficial effect, there would still be a market for it, right?
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 2:30:18 PM EDT
[#19]
I tried HCG but it wasn't effective, so I switched to Testopel - which is a time release pellet the shape of a pencil eraser, except about half the size.  Once every 4 months I'd go in, and under local anesthetic the doc would take a scalpel and put a nick in my ass big enough to put a trokar (sp?) in the incision and feed the pellets in under my skin in a nice neat little row.  I really liked the even delivery - no mood swings, but the pain from the procedure was brutal for the first week.  I finally gave in after 3 years of doing that and now use androgel.  It seems to be very effective for me.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 2:47:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Evil_ATF:
{Insert witty reply here} My fever is back. Asshattery takes too much energy.

Best of luck, bro.

What are the chances of eliminating the problems in your life that are causing this? Is it really worth this?

Better to flip burgers and be happy than to make $250,000 per year and be miserable.

have you ever made $250,000 per year?
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 2:49:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By ra2bach:
Originally Posted By Evil_ATF:
{Insert witty reply here} My fever is back. Asshattery takes too much energy.

Best of luck, bro.

What are the chances of eliminating the problems in your life that are causing this? Is it really worth this?

Better to flip burgers and be happy than to make $250,000 per year and be miserable.

have you ever made $250,000 per year?

Prolly not a good time to debate Evil_ATF
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 2:52:38 PM EDT
[#22]

As for the test gel, it's worth it if you don't mind not coming off it ever. The hypothalamic pituitary testicular axis is delicate and your natural test production will slow down while on testosterone, it's a trade off.

How old are you?

what do you mean "not coming off it ever"? does it replace and inhibit natural production?
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 2:58:43 PM EDT
[#23]

As for the test gel, it's worth it if you don't mind not coming off it ever. The hypothalamic pituitary testicular axis is delicate and your natural test production will slow down while on testosterone, it's a trade off.

How old are you?

what do you mean "not coming off it ever"? does it replace and inhibit natural production?

When your body senses supplemental test - it suppresses your own production, and will add more estrogen to try to counter higher test levels.  I counter this extra estrogen production with Arimidex, which is widely prescribed for women with breast cancer.  But to answer your question, yes - yu'll likely always need to supplement once you begin, especially if you are over 35 years old.
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 3:10:28 PM EDT
[#24]
+1 on working out your legs. I am on my 2nd month of Activate Xtreme right now. I like it and feel like it's helping me out. It definitaly increases libido (not why I'm taking it) and I've leaned out a bit. My back/face hair has gotten a little out of control but that just means I go through more razors. It is a natural test booster and estrogen blocker which is why it appealed to me. From what I understand once you start using test replacement drugs it slows or stops your natural test production. Last time i bought mine through BB.com they had a "buy 2 get one free" deal going on, that's enough for one cycle. It's really not that expensive compared to other options.

I'd say get your testosterone levels tested and then start the Activate Xtreme, then get them tested again and see if they helped. The better you eat and the more you exercise(especially legs) the higher your natural test levels will be.
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 3:32:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By ShootToKill:
+1 on working out your legs. I am on my 2nd month of Activate Xtreme right now. I like it and feel like it's helping me out. It definitaly increases libido (not why I'm taking it) and I've leaned out a bit. My back/face hair has gotten a little out of control but that just means I go through more razors. It is a natural test booster and estrogen blocker which is why it appealed to me. From what I understand once you start using test replacement drugs it slows or stops your natural test production. Last time i bought mine through BB.com they had a "buy 2 get one free" deal going on, that's enough for one cycle. It's really not that expensive compared to other options.

I'd say get your testosterone levels tested and then start the Activate Xtreme, then get them tested again and see if they helped. The better you eat and the more you exercise(especially legs) the higher your natural test levels will be.

After 35 - there's only so much test your body will make despite how you train.  Some men are blessed with naturally high test levels well into middle age - the rest of us need better living through science.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 3:35:36 PM EDT
[#26]
[span style='font-weight: bold;']Originally Posted By crashburnrepeat: I put a little on last night to test it out but it's not gonna work. there aren't any places on my that my wife doesn't touch.  so now you have to remember where not to touch me.    Maybe shots.  damn.

Use it in the AM. Take a shower at night. This way, there will be no problems with her touching the application areas.

I find Androgel to work well, but I have trouble on hot days. It drives my blood sugar down when I work outside on a hot day. Very weird, but true.

Franklin

Link Posted: 4/3/2009 3:39:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By GR8TWYT:

How old are you?

When your body senses supplemental test - it suppresses your own production, and will add more estrogen to try to counter higher test levels.  I counter this extra estrogen production with Arimidex, which is widely prescribed for women with breast cancer.  But to answer your question, yes - yu'll likely always need to supplement once you begin, especially if you are over 35 years old.

I'm 54. my doc just prescribed the gel Testim. is this what is being discussed?

Link Posted: 4/3/2009 3:39:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By cujet:
[span style='font-weight: bold;']Originally Posted By crashburnrepeat: I put a little on last night to test it out but it's not gonna work. there aren't any places on my that my wife doesn't touch.  so now you have to remember where not to touch me.    Maybe shots.  damn.

Use it in the AM. Take a shower at night. This way, there will be no problems with her touching the application areas.

I find Androgel to work well, but I have trouble on hot days. It drives my blood sugar down when I work outside on a hot day. Very weird, but true.

Franklin

I do the opposite.  I put it on my upper arms at night - and wear a t-shirt so as to not have Mrs. Shark wake up looking like a member of ZZ Topp.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 5:06:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Grow some balls

I about died.

No, in true ARFcom fashion,  you said, "Get both!"

ARE YOU THE DAMN NURSE PRACTITIONER WOMAN?!  that's *EXACTLY* what I said.  I said "well i want both actually"

She just rolled her eyes and said take the gel....

Is your name williams? seriously.
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 5:17:36 PM EDT
[#30]
I had the same problem, (getting tired fast while working out). Turned out is was some thyroid condition. Have to take a pill everyday ($4 per month pres.). Problem solved.
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 5:20:10 PM EDT
[#31]
tag
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 5:23:26 PM EDT
[#32]

Franklin

I do the opposite.  I put it on my upper arms at night - and wear a t-shirt so as to not have Mrs. Shark wake up looking like a member of ZZ Topp.  

I noticed a big difference when I rubbed it on my arm like I was mad at it

Previously I just kind of rubbed it on, do it with vigor
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 5:25:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Dale007:
I had the same problem, (getting tired fast while working out). Turned out is was some thyroid condition. Have to take a pill everyday ($4 per month pres.). Problem solved.

would you expect a normal blood test to show this?  thyroidism?  I have taken a few tests now and would expect that to show up.  I will ask the endo monday though.
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 5:31:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlyingIllini] [#34]
I tried activate xtreme and it definitely worked.  I didn't get a blood test to confirm it, but I had a raging hardon for two months and my hair thinned out ( my hairline also receded).
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 5:33:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By MrClean4Hire:

Franklin

I noticed a big difference when I rubbed it on my arm like I was mad at it

Previously I just kind of rubbed it on, do it with vigor

Exactly - rub it IN not just ON.
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 5:33:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Try DHEA, has been said to be the fountain of youth.
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 5:36:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By mmajunkie:
Try DHEA, has been said to be the fountain of youth.

High levels of DHEA increases risk of prostate cancer in men over 30.  Make sure you're not at risk before beginning DHEA OR test therapy for that matter.
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 5:44:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Crash, I went to the Doc complaining of getting tired all the time. That may have had him check for the thyroid. if I recall it was a blood test. But I don't know if he tested for it from the symptoms I gave him. Ask the Doc.
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 5:48:49 PM EDT
[#39]
The bright side: (your doc friend probably told you) not gonna get prostate cancer.
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 6:26:11 PM EDT
[#40]
There are a lot of misconceptions here when it comes to low-T gels.  I've used Testim (it sucks!) For one, it has a glycerine base so, whenever your skin gets wet/moist, the carrier (glycerine) comes back out of the skin where it was applied.  It makes your skin feel slimy and tacky and the shit stinks!!  On the other hand, Androgel has no odor and it is water-based.  It is applied to the skin (I put it on my belly) and is readily absorbed and does not leach back out.  There is no stickiness, etc. once Androgel has been applied.  Once it is absorbed in the skin (usually within 3-5 minutes) you'll never know it's there.

I put my Androgel on in the evening before bed.  I rub it on my belly and, once dry, I get in bed with the wife and snuggle.  There has been no transfer of the testosterone to her (she hasn't grown a beard, mustache or have a change in her voice).  Fear of transferring the Androgel to your spouse is uncalled for if you apply it to the skin and rub it in good until the skin feels dry.

I had a Testosterone level of 126 and started the HRT therapy about 3 years ago.  Yes... your nards will become smaller in size due to the fact that your body no longer needs to make testosterone.  Mine shrunk by about 1/2 their original size.  It's no big deal to me though.  When I first discovered what the problem (exhausted all the time; sleeping too much; no sex drive, etc.) was I decided that I couldn't live like that so I had no choice but to take a hormone replacement.  Androgel has worked great for me.  Sometimes though I need a little blue pill to keep Mister Happy, happy along with the wife.  It's all part of getting old.

Thank God there is a product (Androgel) on the market that makes me feel normal again!
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 6:37:37 PM EDT
[#41]
well if my nads only shrink by 50% then I'm fine with that.    I am worried they shrink up to say grape size or something.  I know this is stupid but for some reason being bald would not bug me but having my cajones shrink small I don't like.

I would still like to find out WHY I'm not producing T,  doc just wants to slather gel on me and call it a day.
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 7:02:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Abearir] [#42]
I was diagnosed with low T 3 months ago too (136). Always tired, loss of muscle mass, no libido ect...I'm doing a cream based T compounded by my pharmacy @ 1g, 1.5% daily. I'm sleeping better, don't feel as weak, and libido has picked up a bit too. In 45 days, I'll have been on HRT 3 months and will be getting another level check. We'll see what it's like then. Personally I think I need more, maybe 1g @5% to get back to "normal".
I hear the shots are painful too. I rather forgo pie then inject if that's the case.............Geez, did I really just say that?! I must be low still.
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 7:05:14 PM EDT
[#43]
juice
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 8:44:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Taggage.
Link Posted: 4/6/2009 2:18:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Abearir:
I was diagnosed with low T 3 months ago too (136). Always tired, loss of muscle mass, no libido ect...I'm doing a cream based T compounded by my pharmacy @ 1g, 1.5% daily. I'm sleeping better, don't feel as weak, and libido has picked up a bit too. In 45 days, I'll have been on HRT 3 months and will be getting another level check. We'll see what it's like then. Personally I think I need more, maybe 1g @5% to get back to "normal".
I hear the shots are painful too. I rather forgo pie then inject if that's the case.............Geez, did I really just say that?! I must be low still.

I'm the same. I'm a total pansy for shots.   i just called the Dr and I'm setting up an appointment to try the shot out.  My wife is treating me like a pariah when I have the gel on. She is scared she is going to grow a mustache if she touches me if I have the gel on.  

so we'll try the shots but I have tried the gel a couple days and it dries really well if you rub it all the way in like gr8wyt said to do.  it seems dry and hard to transfer.  I talked to the dr a minute ago and she said that once it's dry,  it is totally safe after about 6 hours without giving your wife a stach.
Link Posted: 4/6/2009 2:22:56 PM EDT
[#46]
well if my nads only shrink by 50% then I'm fine with that.    I am worried they shrink up to say grape size or something.  I know this is stupid but for some reason being bald would not bug me but having my cajones shrink small I don't like.

I would still like to find out WHY I'm not producing T,  doc just wants to slather gel on me and call it a day.

With age & treachery, comes low test levels my friend.  Same as women go through "the change." It's what some would call "male menopause" and like death and taxes, we're all going to experience it sooner or later.  Stick with the therapy long enough to reap the benefits and you'll never want to be without it again, trust me on this.
Link Posted: 4/6/2009 2:24:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: crashburnrepeat] [#47]
OK Gr8Wyt,  IM me and tell me directly and in no uncertain terms how much shrinkage of "my boys" I can expect after say, a year of this stuff.

just trying to brace myself.
Link Posted: 4/6/2009 2:28:47 PM EDT
[#48]

I'm the same. I'm a total pansy for shots.   i just called the Dr and I'm setting up an appointment to try the shot out.  My wife is treating me like a pariah when I have the gel on. She is scared she is going to grow a mustache if she touches me if I have the gel on.  

so we'll try the shots but I have tried the gel a couple days and it dries really well if you rub it all the way in like gr8wyt said to do.  it seems dry and hard to transfer.  I talked to the dr a minute ago and she said that once it's dry,  it is totally safe after about 6 hours without giving your wife a stach.

Doesn't Testosterone increase the sex drive in women......just sayin....  
Link Posted: 4/6/2009 2:40:26 PM EDT
[#49]
it's supposed to,  but hair on her upper lip will seriously inhibit my sex drive.

it's a delicate balance....
Link Posted: 4/6/2009 2:41:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By bowhuntr09:

Doesn't Testosterone increase the sex drive in women......just sayin....  

Quite nicely, as a matter of fact.  
Page / 395
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top