Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 396
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 1:10:04 PM EDT
[#1]
i asked for mine to be tested during my annual physical last month.  T level came back at 454.  i'm 42...is that low? Dr didnt seemed concerned
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 1:29:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bophades] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mcantu:
i asked for mine to be tested during my annual physical last month.  T level came back at 454.  i'm 42...is that low? Dr didnt seemed concerned
View Quote

thats on the lower end of the range.  but a ways from the bottom of the range (300).  Im 41 and I *wish* my untreated levels were that high
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 2:42:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By LinkedM4:

thats on the lower end of the range.  but a ways from the bottom of the range (300).  Im 41 and I *wish* my untreated levels were that high
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LinkedM4:
Originally Posted By mcantu:

I wish my untreated levels (208) were that low and I am 28.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 3:00:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Originally Posted By 2tired2run:
are you injecting IM or SC?
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By jrzy:

OK i was getting BP spikes with racing pulse waking me up like I was injected with adrenalin.

Always the night and next night after injection of T

My BP meds were changed to a channel blocker instead of a Beta blocker because my BP was not controlled very well at all, plus Beta blockers are notorious libido killers (Doc told me the opposite when I asked him about it)

Chanel blockers have no effect on my libido , I am also on the lowest dose they have and they have my BP at 120/80 pretty much all the time.

Still was getting that panicky feeling with slight BP and pulse rising, no where near what it was (thank God)

I also broke injections up to 3 times per week, every 3rd day with 10% total reduction by weeks ends of total T injected.

The lower dose per injection has seemed to work so far after 2 injections this week.

I'll follow up after some more injections

It's good for us to post whats going on in case someone has a similar issue.

As you know we are pretty much on our own with most Docs being little to no help.

IM

Makes a difference?  

Link Posted: 1/6/2015 3:02:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted By _RAGNAR_:

Donate blood

It's been correlated with a 18 point drop in systolic pressure up to 6 weeks later.

Plus there is plenty more research which shows it helps in other ways.
View Quote
My 81mg low dose aspirin keeps my Hematocrit level right below high and I have donated blood 3 times in 2014

Link Posted: 1/6/2015 3:03:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Originally Posted By telemarker:

I do a double red blood draw every 115 days. I would do it sooner than that but they will only do it that often, I feel like superman after.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By telemarker:

Donate blood

It's been correlated with a 18 point drop in systolic pressure up to 6 weeks later.

I do a double red blood draw every 115 days. I would do it sooner than that but they will only do it that often, I feel like superman after.

Is that what they call platelet draw?

Link Posted: 1/6/2015 3:57:45 PM EDT
[#7]
IM
Makes a difference?  

View All Quotes
OK i was getting BP spikes with racing pulse waking me up like I was injected with adrenalin.
My BP meds were changed to a channel blocker instead of a Beta blocker because my BP was not controlled very well at all, plus Beta blockers are notorious libido killers (Doc told me the opposite when I asked him about it)
Chanel blockers have no effect on my libido , I am also on the lowest dose they have and they have my BP at 120/80 pretty much all the time.

Still was getting that panicky feeling with slight BP and pulse rising, no where near what it was (thank God)
I also broke injections up to 3 times per week, every 3rd day with 10% total reduction by weeks ends of total T injected.

The lower dose per injection has seemed to work so far after 2 injections this week.

As you know we are pretty much on our own with most Docs being little to no help.

IM
Makes a difference?  

Just curious.  My only concern would be 3 x's a week adds up to a lot of holes in the muscle.

Link Posted: 1/6/2015 4:00:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Just curious.  My only concern would be 3 x's a week adds up to a lot of holes in the muscle.

View All Quotes

IM
Makes a difference?  

That's why I went to SC injection. I am just poking holes in fat.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 6:28:01 PM EDT
[#9]
This is a good video for the new guys, answers a lot of questions they have too.

Link Posted: 1/7/2015 12:52:12 AM EDT
[#10]
This is a good video for the new guys, answers a lot of questions they have too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfQlkrJgN0Y
View Quote

Good stuff.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 2:47:10 PM EDT
[#11]
My 81mg low dose aspirin keeps my Hematocrit level right below high and I have donated blood 3 times in 2014

View All Quotes
Donate blood

I believe the study did a greater than standard blood draw schedule. My blood bank allows six times a year, that may be enough. But a schedule designed to be 100% safe for a  105# menstrating women isn't going to help a 200# man a bit.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 11:55:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HeartsAndMinds] [#12]
So my journey with TRT started about a year and a half ago.  I have posted some of this but I will recap quickly.

42yo Active Duty (Reservist) Army at the time.  Worked out 4-6 times per week.  Sleep apnea undiagnosed (not a fat body) probably contributed.

- Initial T level of around 2-300 IIRC and E2 of 170 or so.
- Started Inj. TestC 200mg per week for 6 weeks
- T was in the 800 range, E2 was 160ish after the 6 weeks
- Asked about the E problem, was shot down by PCM and 2 different Urologists on base
- Moved to 200mg biweekly - felt like shit, T dropped to 400 or so  E2 dropped to 70 or so
- Raised hell, got on off-post Endocrinologist
- Put me on 1mg of Arimidex DAILY and 150mg of T weekly
- T jumped to above 1000, E2 was like 8 or some crazy low number.  I felt shitty still, low libido as well.
- Dropped back to .5mg Arimidex 2 x per week and 125mg of T per week.  T was still in the 800 range E was 19.  FSH and LH were almost zero
- At about the 1yr mark we dropped from 125 to 100mg of T.  T remained at 800 E was 20 something. FSH and LH were still near zero
- We continued this drop and roll stuff until today.  My T was 1083 and my E2 was up around 50.  FSH and LH are still super low.  The boys are definitely smaller than they should be as a result.

What would you guys who have done this for a while suggest?  Where I want to be is T in 700-950 range, I seem to be happy there and E in the 15-20 range.  Plus enough LH and FSH to keep my boys the right size.

Testosterone break?
Decrease T again?
Something else?

Thanks,

HaM
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 12:19:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By HeartsAndMinds:
So my journey with TRT started about a year and a half ago.  I have posted some of this but I will recap quickly.

42yo Active Duty (Reservist) Army at the time.  Worked out 4-6 times per week.  Sleep apnea undiagnosed (not a fat body) probably contributed.

- Asked about the E problem, was shot down by PCM and 2 different Urologists on base
- Moved to 200mg biweekly - felt like shit, T dropped to 400 or so  E2 dropped to 70 or so
- T jumped to above 1000, E2 was like 8 or some crazy low number.  I felt shitty still, low libido as well.
- Dropped back to .5mg Arimidex 2 x per week and 125mg of T per week.  T was still in the 800 range E was 19.  FSH and LH were almost zero
- At about the 1yr mark we dropped from 125 to 100mg of T.  T remained at 800 E was 20 something. FSH and LH were still near zero
- We continued this drop and roll stuff until today.  My T was 1083 and my E2 was up around 50.  FSH and LH are still super low.  The boys are definitely smaller than they should be as a result.

What would you guys who have done this for a while suggest?  Where I want to be is T in 700-950 range, I seem to be happy there and E in the 15-20 range.  Plus enough LH and FSH to keep my boys the right size.

Testosterone break?
Decrease T again?
Something else?

Thanks,

HaM
View Quote

Are you done having kids? I am on 100mg test-c and 500iu hcg 2x per week. My lh and fsh numbers came back extremely low but my nuts are still full size. Only real way to know is to have a sperm test done to see what's going on.
I am done having kids so besides the not wanting my balls to turn to mush, I couldn't care less if I had no swimmers. It's the only reason I am on hcg.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 12:35:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: EXPY37] [#14]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfQlkrJgN0Y
View Quote

I slipped and fell backwards off a lower rung of a small ladder the other day onto a concrete floor.

As I was falling I thought crap what am I gonna break?  [I'm old]  

Slowly picked myself up and no issues.  

Link Posted: 1/8/2015 8:47:42 AM EDT
[#15]

Testosterone break?
Decrease T again?
Something else?

Thanks,

HaM
View Quote

I'm certainly no expert, but I'm pretty sure its normal for your LH and FSH to drop to 0 when outside T is introduced to the body. Supplementing with hCG will provide the LH signal to keep the boys working to the best of their ability.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 2:59:46 PM EDT
[#16]

Plus enough LH and FSH to keep my boys the right size.

View Quote

This is absolutely impossible if you are taking replacement testosterone.  The replacement testosterone level will be higher than what the body thinks it should have, so it turns off the LH and FSH hormones.  Near zero is to be expected.

What you can do is add HCG injections.  It simulates LH and fools your boys into producing some testosterone so they don't shrink.  Your real LH will still be near zero though.

Link Posted: 1/8/2015 4:00:34 PM EDT
[#17]
When my T was diagnosed to be low (130) they also found sugar was high along with cholesterol & triglycerides

As my T got to a good number my cholesterol & triglycerides came down to lower and in range.

My sugar remained higher around 145, sometimes low 100's

The Doc put me on Metformin 2000 mg per day, sugar drops some but all benefits of T were getting wiped out incluiding libido.

I was thinking something was wrong with the T?

So I start digging via google

Metformin kills libido and other benefits of T therapy

Here's what I found so far.

If anyone has any other info please share it

http://www.mindandmuscle.net/forum/30232-metformin-s-effect-testosterone  
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 12:47:45 AM EDT
[#18]

Originally Posted By pumbaajk:

View All Quotes

IM

Makes a difference?  

i have been injecting now for 8 months approx.. sometimes wife does it in the glute, but I am now able to hit my quad with a 25 ga without any residual pain.  Took a while to figure out that I needed to be about 2/3 the way up from the knee..

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 4:00:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Well this explains it---  

Natural Penile Enlargement

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 4:06:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By EXPY37:
Well this explains it---  

Natural Penile Enlargement

View Quote

Funny that you post this, I have been looking at GH for overall health. I met a guy who used to compete in body building and he's 43 years old. Dude seriously doesn't look a day over 30 and around my age. He contributes it to GH!
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 5:28:56 PM EDT
[#21]
As anyone else experienced an increase in bodyweight but a decrease in body fat? I have gained about 5 lbs in the last 3 weeks but my pants are fitting better. I normally wear a 34/34 and I feel like if I didn't have logs for legs, I could go down to a 33. I wear a 36 in the winter for extra space for layers.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 9:47:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Would someone help point me to the post about statins vs calcium channel blockers, used for the reduction of arterial plaque?

It was in the last couple weeks in a post here but I can't find it.

IIRC, channel blockers don't lower libido but statins do?

Link Posted: 1/12/2015 11:56:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Would someone help point me to the post about statins vs calcium channel blockers, used for the reduction of arterial plaque?

View Quote

posted by jrzy on 1/5 go back a page
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 3:14:26 AM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

I might have mentioned the channel blockers but what I take to keep everything clear arterial wise is low dose aspirin

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 3:53:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: EXPY37] [#25]

View All Quotes

Roger!

I looked there but my eyes were dilated from an eye exam...

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 3:56:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: EXPY37] [#26]
I might have mentioned the channel blockers but what I take to keep everything clear arterial wise is low dose aspirin

View All Quotes

I've taken the 81 mg baby aspirin daily for longer than I can remember but it isn't working. Got a cardioid ultra scan last Feb. and mine are pretty blocked.

Got another scan in Nov and there was a VERY small chg for the better after consuming copious amts of ProArgi-9+ [nitric oxide enhancer for arterial health] that my HRT doc suggested taking last Feb.

Going to my 'family' [not HRT doc] doc today to see what he can do abt it.  Hope he doesn't blame it on TRT...

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 8:09:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Well the saga continues with my guy and his new found love of clomid.

T = 543
Free T = 17.0
Estradiol = 36.2
Total estrogens = 180.....on a scale of 40-115

T is down slightly, free T is up, E2 is down and total estrogens are through the roof.  Lh and FSH have stabilized in the 12-13 range.  But I generally feel shitty.

I told him I've got achy joints, no sex drive, I'm gaining weight like a pregnant chick and his response was "we need to up your thyroid meds.   Stick with it."  Well f*&k him he doesn't have to strip the weight off and try to put the muscle back on.  I'm literally down to a few pair of pants that fit.  The only thing that brings my weight down is diuretics which tells me a lot of it is fluid retention.  Not to mention my shoulders are killing me and every time my hormones get f'd up really bad I end up in an ortho's office.  

Off to find a new doc...........
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 8:15:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pumbaajk] [#28]

T = 543
Free T = 17.0
Estradiol = 36.2

T is down slightly, free T is up, E2 is down and total estrogens are through the roof.  Lh and FSH have stabilized in the 12-13 range.  But I generally feel shitty.

I told him I've got achy joints, no sex drive, I'm gaining weight like a pregnant chick and his response was "we need to up your thyroid meds.   Stick with it."  Well f*&k him he doesn't have to strip the weight off and try to put the muscle back on.  I'm literally down to a few pair of pants that fit.  The only thing that brings my weight down is diuretics which tells me a lot of it is fluid retention.  Not to mention my shoulders are killing me and every time my hormones get f'd up really bad I end up in an ortho's office.  

View Quote

Fuck.... Just fuck...

Looks like I'll be making a phone call to cancel tomorrow.

Edit. Did you stop the clomid and start the test-c again?
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 8:25:16 PM EDT
[#29]

Fuck.... Just fuck...

View All Quotes

T = 543
Free T = 17.0
Estradiol = 36.2

Fuck.... Just fuck...

Found this doc http://health.usnews.com/doctors/theresa-garza-115940.  Does T replacement and HCG diets so I know she's not opposed to HCG.  I've got nearly 3 full 10mL vials of T and an existing Rx for HCG so I'm good for a while until I can find someone else.  

In all fairness I'm bitching a little and he said he's not opposed to T but really wants to make this work.  I'm just tired of telling him it's not working for me.  

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 8:27:26 PM EDT
[#30]

T = 543
Free T = 17.0
Estradiol = 36.2

View Quote

Why not take some arimidex and control the E2????

Then run your own test in a couple weeks and see what it looks like.

If most of us expect to leave everything in the hands of our docs...

And not MANAGE THEM...

We're gonna be screwed...

Link Posted: 1/13/2015 8:39:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pumbaajk] [#31]

Found this doc http://health.usnews.com/doctors/theresa-garza-115940.  Does T replacement and HCG diets so I know she's not opposed to HCG.  I've got nearly 3 full 10mL vials of T and an existing Rx for HCG so I'm good for a while until I can find someone else.  

In all fairness I'm bitching a little and he said he's not opposed to T but really wants to make this work.  I'm just tired of telling him it's not working for me.
View All Quotes

T = 543
Free T = 17.0
Estradiol = 36.2

Fuck.... Just fuck...

I can see why you picked her. Hey doc, my pecker ain't working. Wanna take a look and see what you can figure out?
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 8:43:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EXPY37] [#32]
Got back from my doc today and he didn't suggest calling my HRT doc and getting me pulled off T-C.  

He went on a rant I couldn't follow abt the controversy over TRT and estrogen therapy,  

I just told him the negative last year TRT study was likely flawed.

He's not too far from my age and I wonder if his tune will change once he finds he needs TRT -or maybe he'd rather go to his grave rather consider it.  

He's pretty stubborn  

He did put me on 10 mg of a statin, per my suggestion.

After he told me calcium channel blockers won't do anything for plaque build up in my cardioid artery.

He scheduled me for a more sophisticated ultrasonic scan at the hospital[than the walk-in type I ran two of last year]  but wouldn't order an MRI.

Depending on the results, maybe he will. I'd like to experience an MRI to see what it's all abt, at least once...

I'm going to pull a VAP advanced cholesterol test from LabCorp just for the hell of it. ~$150

He said I was a ginny pig or a lab rat or something re this new fangled TRT.  

I told him I'd rather be doing something productive rather than a Obama voting vegetable in front of a Flat Screen like the rest of the oldsters...  

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:38:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Quit taking my testim 50mg on 12/30 at the advice of a specialist my GP sent me too over concerns for fertility.  I was just starting to feel better at about 6 weeks of use.  

Dickhead doc said no way it could have helped that soon and it was a placebo effect.  Wife joined right in and agreed.  

No almost 3 weeks without and I am back to no sleep and no energy and feeling like shat.  I am at work at 830 in the morning and am so sleepy my vision is blurry and my eyes are crossing.  

So I risk no kids in a couple years or feeling like hammered shit my whole life....fuck me.  

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:41:32 AM EDT
[#34]
I just started injections at the doctor's office, transitioning off Testim gel.

What should I expect?

After yesterday, my second injection, honestly I felt aggressive and uninhibited.  Not always a wise feeling to act on.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:13:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Geohans:

What should I expect?

After yesterday, my second injection, honestly I felt aggressive and uninhibited.  Not always a wise feeling to act on.
View Quote

Depends on your dosage and blood work. Need a little more to go off of.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:15:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By gotuonpaper:
Quit taking my testim 50mg on 12/30 at the advice of a specialist my GP sent me too over concerns for fertility.  I was just starting to feel better at about 6 weeks of use.  

Dickhead doc said no way it could have helped that soon and it was a placebo effect.  Wife joined right in and agreed.  

No almost 3 weeks without and I am back to no sleep and no energy and feeling like shat.  I am at work at 830 in the morning and am so sleepy my vision is blurry and my eyes are crossing.  

So I risk no kids in a couple years or feeling like hammered shit my whole life....fuck me.  

View Quote

So your off 50mg per week?

You can have kids while on TRT. Just needs another drug to counteract the the test and the feedback loop in the brain.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:52:48 AM EDT
[#37]

What should I expect?

View Quote

Placebo effect no doubt  

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:55:49 AM EDT
[#38]

Placebo effect no doubt  

View All Quotes

What should I expect?

Placebo effect no doubt  

Exactly. Roid rage is a myth and just propaganda to stop the use of drugs to make you be a monster in the gym. If you're a dickhead before injections, you're just a bigger dickhead after.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:06:07 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

Did your doctor put you on clomid or something else to restart your natural production?  If they didn't, then they are not qualified to be making HRT related decisions.  Plus multiple studies have shown that you can be on TRT, then stop and use something like clomid to restart your natural production, and your fertility will be restored.  There is also one small study out there that claims using HCG while taking testosterone will maintain your level of fertility.  

There are several options available to you for fertility that don't involve you feeling like complete crap.  I would dump your GP as she seems to have no clue.  Find a urologist at least to handle your TRT.  At the least you should be on clomid.  It should bump up your testosterone and increase fertility.  A dose of 25mg a day should help limit the side effects.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 12:42:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EXPY37] [#40]

Exactly. Roid rage is a myth and just propaganda to stop the use of drugs to make you be a monster ON THE POLICE FORCE. If you're a dickhead before injections, you're just a bigger dickhead after.
View All Quotes

What should I expect?

Placebo effect no doubt  

Exactly. Roid rage is a myth and just propaganda to stop the use of drugs to make you be a monster ON THE POLICE FORCE. If you're a dickhead before injections, you're just a bigger dickhead after.

FIFY

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:51:52 PM EDT
[#41]

FIFY

View All Quotes

What should I expect?

Placebo effect no doubt  

FIFY

You're on a list now.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:11:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Due to this thread got tested and was 394.  Dr says, "Thats normal...sorry buddy.." no treatment....
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:31:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By easy610:
Due to this thread got tested and was 394.  Dr says, "Thats normal...sorry buddy.." no treatment....
View Quote

What were the lab ranges?  Labcorp is 348-1197.  Also what's your age body makeup etc.?

When mine was that low I felt horrible. But if your doc is using a lab range that has lower limits he's going to be unlikely to treat you.  An old MD I had was using labcorp then switched to a different lab who's range is 241-827 so all of a sudden 317 became in range so I was good.  

You'll either need to plead your case with your symptoms or move on to another doc that will treat.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:51:25 PM EDT
[#44]

Originally Posted By SWIRE:

Did your doctor put you on clomid or something else to restart your natural production?  If they didn't, then they are not qualified to be making HRT related decisions.  Plus multiple studies have shown that you can be on TRT, then stop and use something like clomid to restart your natural production, and your fertility will be restored.  There is also one small study out there that claims using HCG while taking testosterone will maintain your level of fertility.  
View All Quotes

There are several options available to you for fertility that don't involve you feeling like complete crap.  I would dump your GP as she seems to have no clue.  Find a urologist at least to handle your TRT.  At the least you should be on clomid.  It should bump up your testosterone and increase fertility.  A dose of 25mg a day should help limit the side effects.

Are you saying your testes do not produce (at all) while on TRT therapy , or are you saying very little ?

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:57:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pumbaajk] [#45]

Are you saying your testes do not produce (at all) while on TRT therapy , or are you saying very little ?

View All Quotes

Your nuts shut down. I was on 100mg per week and I had zero sperm count.
Hcg makes the brain and send a signal to your nuts to produce testosterone and keep working.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:19:20 AM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

Depends on the person.  We have had a couple people in this thread state they were on TRT and ended up with an unexpected child.  Others like pumbaajk have had tests done and zero swimmers.  My count was off the bottom of the chart and I'm sure if I only took testosterone it would go to zero as well.  Testosterone plus HCG is what has me interested right now.  I'm trying to find more studies on it.  If it maintains fertility like the study says then that is a start but if it is maintaining my off the charts low count it isn't going to help me much.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:27:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: medicmandan] [#47]
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:17:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By medicmandan:

I came across this abstract, haven't had a chance to pull the full article.

Anyone read anything that compares TRT and HCG to clomid and HCG?  I've got an appt. with a urologist who specializes in men's health in a couple of weeks.  Want to make sure I'm well studied up for a good discussion with him.  I'm hoping we start out with some labs to check LH, FSH and E2.  I am interested in exploring stimulating t production vs. replacement.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By medicmandan:

Depends on the person.  We have had a couple people in this thread state they were on TRT and ended up with an unexpected child.  Others like pumbaajk have had tests done and zero swimmers.  My count was off the bottom of the chart and I'm sure if I only took testosterone it would go to zero as well.  Testosterone plus HCG is what has me interested right now.  I'm trying to find more studies on it.  If it maintains fertility like the study says then that is a start but if it is maintaining my off the charts low count it isn't going to help me much.

I came across this abstract, haven't had a chance to pull the full article.

Anyone read anything that compares TRT and HCG to clomid and HCG?  I've got an appt. with a urologist who specializes in men's health in a couple of weeks.  Want to make sure I'm well studied up for a good discussion with him.  I'm hoping we start out with some labs to check LH, FSH and E2.  I am interested in exploring stimulating t production vs. replacement.

I hope they paid those dudes a lot of money... "ITT was assessed in testicular fluid obtained by percutaneous fine needle aspiration"  

I'm not sure what the HCG would do for you with clomid.  HCG stimulates the balls directly by mimicking LH.  Clomid just forces the pituitary to spit out a lot of LH by short circuiting the feedback loop to the pituitary.  In theory different routes to the same result.  

If fertility were a problem for me I'd get a sperm count before starting any protocol.  Try the clomid and see if I'm primary or secondary and do another sperm count.

I had a urologist tell me that he's had a few patients have kids while on TRT.  It is not a surefire birth control method.  

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:47:24 AM EDT
[#49]
When adding HCG to my clomid treatment it gave me 100 point bump on my T level.  There are too many factors involved to say that would be the case for everyone or how long that bump would last.  I just have one lab to go off of but I did see a bump taking 250 iu EOD and 50mg of clomid ED.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:51:46 AM EDT
[#50]

ITT was assessed in testicular fluid obtained by percutaneous fine needle aspiration"  

View Quote

I'm reading through various studies and they all mention that method for getting ITT.  No Thanks!
Page / 396
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top