BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 396
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:05:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jrzy:
My Buddies Doctor (he has no insurance) just wrote him 1 ml of test per week , it got a coupon from Good Rx
His CVS drug store charged him even less than the stated coupon price.

Coupon price for a 10 ml bottle was $45.87, they charged him $41.25

http://www.goodrx.com/testosterone-cypionate/price

ETA:
They gave him a 10 ml bottle of Watson for $41.25

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AtleastIhavemybeer:
Originally Posted By mobowntr:
Jrzy when are you doing your HCG in relation to your test shot?
500 IU twice per week of HCG
1ml of Test injected on Thursday
1st 500 IU shot of HCG Saturday, second 500 IU Tuesday

Is that 1mL of 200mg/mL?  If so, damn that's a high dose.  Were I tempted to run a cycle of test-e (and Lord I've been tempted) I would run 1mL/week of 500 mg/mL, or 2mL of 250mg/mL as a cycle.

I hope you are working out hard to make sure all that juice is maximized!  If so, you getting solid gains?

Just curious.

Edit: my T levels have been up and down these few years, but they sure are feeling down right now so I'm considering HRT through a doctor, as I'm 39 and getting to that age.  I don't have insurance though. .

I wonder if college clinics can get me a blood work screening and script as I've recently returned to college full time.
My Buddies Doctor (he has no insurance) just wrote him 1 ml of test per week , it got a coupon from Good Rx

ETA:

Thank you for the link.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:00:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Originally Posted By Shane333:
Thank you for the link.
View All Quotes

Is that 1mL of 200mg/mL?  If so, damn that's a high dose.  Were I tempted to run a cycle of test-e (and Lord I've been tempted) I would run 1mL/week of 500 mg/mL, or 2mL of 250mg/mL as a cycle.

I hope you are working out hard to make sure all that juice is maximized!  If so, you getting solid gains?

Just curious.

Edit: my T levels have been up and down these few years, but they sure are feeling down right now so I'm considering HRT through a doctor, as I'm 39 and getting to that age.  I don't have insurance though. .

I wonder if college clinics can get me a blood work screening and script as I've recently returned to college full time.

ETA:

Thank you for the link.
You're welcome Shane.

Thats what this thread is all about right?

I might not be here if this thread was not here.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 1:15:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By 2tired2run:

Frankly he's been playing with it and I've been doing some experimentation as well.  When I spoke with the pharmacy today I asked them to go to 250 units from 500 3 times a week and to give me a 6 week supply.  I've asked for changes to the dosage before and the pharmacy and Mike work it out.  As long as I'm not abusing it they don't give me any push back.  Interestingly the pharmacist told me the std dosage he sees is 250units 2 or 3 times a week.  

I take the HCG for 6 weeks then take 2 weeks off so a 30 day supply is a waste of money.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By pumbaajk:
Had a chat with the compounding pharmacist today.  He recommended doing your HCG one day before your Test injection as to avoid spiking your numbers.

How did Mike figure out your dosage for hcg? What test other than LH and fsh can you do to figure out if what dosage you're taking is correct?

Frankly he's been playing with it and I've been doing some experimentation as well.  When I spoke with the pharmacy today I asked them to go to 250 units from 500 3 times a week and to give me a 6 week supply.  I've asked for changes to the dosage before and the pharmacy and Mike work it out.  As long as I'm not abusing it they don't give me any push back.  Interestingly the pharmacist told me the std dosage he sees is 250units 2 or 3 times a week.  

I take the HCG for 6 weeks then take 2 weeks off so a 30 day supply is a waste of money.

What difference are you seeing when playing around and dialing in your dosage? With me talking 1000iu 3x per week I have noticed some body fat melting away bit my acne on my back increased. I am only doing 1000iu until the wife gets pregnant. Or she doesn't start following through with some things we agreed upon before we started trying. But that's for another thread in gd...
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 2:36:12 PM EDT
[#4]

What difference are you seeing when playing around and dialing in your dosage? With me talking 1000iu 3x per week I have noticed some body fat melting away bit my acne on my back increased. I am only doing 1000iu until the wife gets pregnant. Or she doesn't start following through with some things we agreed upon before we started trying. But that's for another thread in gd...
View All Quotes
Had a chat with the compounding pharmacist today.  He recommended doing your HCG one day before your Test injection as to avoid spiking your numbers.

How did Mike figure out your dosage for hcg? What test other than LH and fsh can you do to figure out if what dosage you're taking is correct?

Since I'm doing Test and HCG, I was doing the HCG shot about 36 hours after my T shot.  My T was over 1000 and my E was nearly 50.  I could feel the difference lots of water weight and I was emotional.  I've been on lower doses of HCG before and it seemed to keep my nuts "full" so I'm going to go back to that dosage and try spacing out the HCG so that I'm on the downward slope of the T curve.  

I also reduced my T dosage from .30 to .25 cc's because frankly I feel like shit when my number get much over 900.  By next week I will have been off the HCG for about 2 weeks.  I'll run some blood work as a baseline and then add the HCG back in and see what happens.  I'm going to start back with 2X's per week at 250 and see how the numbers look and how I feel.  

I've been on higher doses of HCG alone and it will definitely help you strip fat.  When I was doing 500 per day I could eat anything I wanted do a little cardio and stay pretty cut.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:35:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I had one test that came back 1164 and man, I felt like superman. That's all before I stated hcg and clomid to get my nuts to working again.

I would give anything to feel that way again.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:38:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm still debating whether I should push for HCG.  Other than kickstarting the testes into working again, does it make you feel any different?

I'm actually thinking that it may be nice to not have to worry about making any more babies, so the fertility aspect isn't as much a concern for me.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:41:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm still debating whether I should push for HCG.  Other than kickstarting the testes into working again, does it make you feel any different?

I'm actually thinking that it may be nice to not have to worry about making any more babies, so the fertility aspect isn't as much a concern for me.
View Quote

If it wasn't for her wanting another kid, I feel the same way. I personally don't want another one and honestly I might use this as my way out. I guess that's mean of me but whatever...
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:52:04 PM EDT
[#8]

If it wasn't for her wanting another kid, I feel the same way. I personally don't want another one and honestly I might use this as my way out. I guess that's mean of me but whatever...
View All Quotes

I've provided my Sweetheart with 5 kids, so I don't feel that I've deprived her.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:28:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Anybody ever run into sudden on set of alopecia?

I developed a spot on the back of my head and on my face.  Really really weird.
View Quote
Opposite, I'm going broke on haircuts since injecting T..

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:28:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Originally Posted By Czechers:

View All Quotes

Yep, and razors too

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:16:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Yep, and razors too

View All Quotes

Yep, and razors too

The back hair is growing like a weed
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:08:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Yes and that is not large at all for T therapy
As a matter of fact I believe it's pretty standard ?

View All Quotes

Just curious.

Yes and that is not large at all for T therapy
As a matter of fact I believe it's pretty standard ?

Wow, I didn't realize some of you guys doing HRT are running test cycles that are damn near on par with guys that are running test cycles for gains.  If a starter cycle is 300mg per week and you guys are running 200mg per week you are right there!  

This really proves even further why cycling test should be completely legal as it seems no more different than running creatine cycles, another naturally produced and totally harmless supplement.

Keeping steroids illegal is retarded, totally pants on head retarded.

Sorry if I derailed, I'll keep on topic from now on, like I said my test levels are fluctuating and this research has led me down various rabbit holes, which is the reason for my digression.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:13:30 AM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

For me it helps. It gives me a boost that just T alone doesn't. With my pituitary problems I belive I am secondary and not primary.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:15:30 AM EDT
[#14]
I personally know guy blasting 1.25 GRAMS of test-e on a 12 week cycle and cruises at 400mg. He's 6'5" and is 280lbs of beast mode. He used to be a professional body builder and got so big, he couldn't hold a phone to his ear because his bicep got in the way.

For the record, I don't want to get anything like that. I just want to feel better and look better. I do want strength but I have no wishes of benching 600lbs and squating 1000lbs.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:41:33 AM EDT
[#15]

Wow, I didn't realize some of you guys doing HRT are running test cycles that are damn near on par with guys that are running test cycles for gains.  If a starter cycle is 300mg per week and you guys are running 200mg per week you are right there!
View Quote

From what I have seen on the bodybuilding forums the starting point most recommended is 500mg a week.  So the guys getting 200mg a week are not really close to a starter cycle.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:58:34 AM EDT
[#16]

Originally Posted By SWIRE:

From what I have seen on the bodybuilding forums the starting point most recommended is 500mg a week.  So the guys getting 200mg a week are not really close to a starter cycle.
View All Quotes

700 to 1000 if they are serious.

500 to 700 is the average for most

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:03:28 PM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

Those are the numbers I see majority of the time as well. I would tend to run on the lower end because the more you cycle, the more it takes. I tend to want to start low and have more room to grow than start in the upper range and end up having to stack alot of other stuff to get the gains.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:12:28 PM EDT
[#18]
How much T does an average healthy man with good T numbers naturally produce (if you could put it in terms of the same mg/mL measurements you use when you inject test-c)?

If you guys are running T numbers of around 1000-1100, and injecting 200mg/mL a week, would an average guy naturally produce 100-150mg/mL a week?

Is that even comparable?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:21:01 PM EDT
[#19]
How much T does an average healthy man with good T numbers naturally produce (if you could put it in terms of the same mg/mL measurements you use when you inject test-c)?

If you guys are running T numbers of around 1000-1100, and injecting 200mg/mL a week, would an average guy naturally produce 100-150mg/mL a week?

Is that even comparable?
View Quote

There are so many variables that go into it. Genetics, age,diet, lifestyle ect... Most labs say somewhere around 300-1100 natural production if I am not mistaken. Your natural T is going to be higher of course when your mid/late teens to mid 20s. Waking up with wood, natural urge to fuck anything with a pussy, energy out the ass... Stuff like that.

Of course I may have been low all my life. While I was never fat, I never was able to get "that body" every girl creams their pants over. I am 28 now and had a 212ng/dl when I did my first test back in may.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:53:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Anyone know of what the long term risks are at 1 ml per week?

From what I have read it's not real risky at this level.

Also from the research I did before getting into this showed the heart attacks and some other ailments were brought on by them (users) not knowing how to control the high E?

Running way too high E or way too low E can have real damaging effects if it goes unchecked for too long.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:56:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Also from the research I did before getting into this showed the heart attacks and some other ailments were brought on by them (users) not knowing how to control the high E?

Running way too high E or way too low E can have real damaging effects if it goes unchecked for too long.
View Quote

My urologist last week said anything over 600 and you run the risk of heart attack, stroke, mental disorders.

You know, all the same shit you can have happen on low testosterone.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:28:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shane333] [#22]

My urologist last week said anything over 600 and you run the risk of heart attack, stroke, mental disorders.

View All Quotes

The particular urologist is unforgivably ignorant.
Natural, normal production for adult men AVERAGES around 600 ng/dL but depending on age and other variables can range from 300 to over 1100 ng/dL with natural production.

Consider this chart:

So for a man in my age bracket (35 to 44) it is within a single standard variation of the average to have T levels just below 900 ng/dL.

The risks of high T levels tend to manifest themselves when a person goes above the 1200 ng/dL range, and many of those risks are associated with E levels going too high as a result of increased T levels.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 2:15:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Been using Nipro syringes and needles for the past month or so, finally got off my ass and ordered more BD syringes and needles. What a difference quality makes!!! I've always used BD, but ran out and just used Nipro's I had on hand....never again.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 2:45:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Going to see the HRT Doc soon and I'd like to switch from the 'compounded' HCG [they just doubled my $$$]  to the powdered stuff some here use, that's prepared w/ bacteriostatic water.

Would someone suggest/recommend what I need to ask the Doc to write a script for, brands, amounts, etc?

Then I will ask and post results and what happened.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 3:39:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By EXPY37:
Going to see the HRT Doc soon and I'd like to switch from the 'compounded' HCG [they just doubled my $$$]  to the powdered stuff some here use, that's prepared w/ bacteriostatic water.

Would someone suggest/recommend what I need to ask the Doc to write a script for, brands, amounts, etc?

View Quote

Novarel is the brand name. I use 500iu twice a week in conjunction with 1ml T.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 3:44:11 PM EDT
[#26]

Originally Posted By bowhuntr09:

Been using Nipro syringes and needles for the past month or so, finally got off my ass and ordered more BD syringes and needles. What a difference quality makes!!! I've always used BD, but ran out and just used Nipro's I had on hand....never again.
View Quote
I found they are the same.

I have switched back to Nipro from BD

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 5:02:43 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Corion 5000iu/ml from safemeds4all.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:17:08 PM EDT
[#28]
This sucks , blood work pulled today.

I have to wait 5 days to see where my E is.

I am pretty sure it's up but I don't want to risk crashing my E by taking more anasatrozole.

It's screwed up that a lot of the same symptoms apply to low & high E?

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 5:02:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Thanks for the HCG powder info folks!

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 5:20:48 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote
Mine comes pre mixed so i couldn't help

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 5:40:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EXPY37] [#31]

View All Quotes

I'm going to the 'mix it yourself' route...

They seem to always short me in the vial. Just sent them an email a moment ago...

I pointed out they can't even keep their error consistent, one bottle from the next...  

Wonder how accurate the drug prep is???

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 9:13:48 AM EDT
[#32]
If anyone knows a good clinic/doctor in the Charlotte, NC area, would you please PM me (if you feel uncomfortable posting the info here). Those who take insurance would be nice, as I've never gotten more out of it than I've paid for it, but that's not essential to me. While my doctor is happy to prescribe 1cc/200mg per MONTH, self-injected, and my urologist is happy to prescribe a more effective dose and schedule, the urologist insists that I go into the office for the injections every 2 weeks.

I'm not down with that money-making scheme, and even if I were, I travel quite a bit, and can't deal with my job being disrupted by being tied to a nurse and her needle.

I really appreciate the time that everyone here has taken to educate others!
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 10:16:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Your doctors are retarded. Even at every two weeks, that's to much of a high and low in that long of a time frame.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 10:44:51 AM EDT
[#34]

Your doctors are retarded. Even at every two weeks, that's to much of a high and low in that long of a time frame.
View Quote
Hopefully, I'll get a recommendation from someone as to who I can go to in the CLT area, so that I'm not stuck on retard.

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 3:13:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Foolish_Mortal] [#35]
dupe
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 5:55:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Foolish_Mortal:
Hopefully, I'll get a recommendation from someone as to who I can go to in the CLT area, so that I'm not stuck on retard.  
View All Quotes

Lots of tips in this thread about how to find a good doc, but the short easy answer is call your local COMPOUNDING Pharmacy and ask them what docs they are regularly seeing scripts from.

Let me Google that for you….
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 6:53:55 PM EDT
[#37]

Lots of tips in this thread about how to find a good doc, but the short easy answer is call your local COMPOUNDING Pharmacy and ask them what docs they are regularly seeing scripts from.

View All Quotes

Can you teach me how to be a smart ass too? That's fucking awesome!
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 6:59:14 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

That's been posted at least 87 times since you've been here...  

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 7:32:24 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 8:24:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bowhuntr09] [#40]

View Quote

It really wasn't intended to be smartassed, Just thought a pre-formatted Google search would get him some appropriate compounding pharmacies to call.

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 12:35:08 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

Thank you very much!

Link Posted: 10/9/2014 9:24:28 PM EDT
[#42]
OK I got blood work done on monday.

Still waiting for the results and I have been very careful with the e blocker, a 1/4 mg every 3rd or 4th day.

I got up late today, by 3pm I was toast, laid down for a quick 30 minute nap, wife asks if I was eating dinner, I said yes, she said well it's in the mircowave and it's 8:00 o'clock pm.

Holy smoke I am tired.

I'm betting my E is really high but won't know until blood work is back.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 1:58:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Where is everyone?
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 8:00:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bowhuntr09] [#44]
Where is everyone?
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/13/2014 8:26:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 10:10:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Where is everyone?
View Quote

I may be struggling with elevated E like you.  Here is my current situation and I'm sure a few of you guys can chime in with words of wisdom.  The wife and I just had our first child after 6 years of failed fertility treatments and we finally had given up on having one a year ago.  She gets pregnant natrually (lol) and today he is one month old and healthy.  .

I have tried to maintain my normal schedule of working out really hard and I am just exhausted.  I gained 13 lbs the first week he was here and my diet was not even that bad.  After doing some reading I did come across some studies that show that mens E can natrually raise during this time!  I did start taking .5mg anastrozole around the time I noticed the gain.  I have not noticed any other symptoms but I'm tired.  I am getting sleep but not rest with the new guy in the house.  I feel like I'm deployed again and really having a tough time adapting with all this.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 10:46:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By delicious_bass:

I may be struggling with elevated E like you.  Here is my current situation and I'm sure a few of you guys can chime in with words of wisdom.  The wife and I just had our first child after 6 years of failed fertility treatments and we finally had given up on having one a year ago.  She gets pregnant natrually (lol) and today he is one month old and healthy.  .

I have tried to maintain my normal schedule of working out really hard and I am just exhausted.  I gained 13 lbs the first week he was here and my diet was not even that bad.  After doing some reading I did come across some studies that show that mens E can natrually raise during this time!  I did start taking .5mg anastrozole around the time I noticed the gain.  I have not noticed any other symptoms but I'm tired.  I am getting sleep but not rest with the new guy in the house.  I feel like I'm deployed again and really having a tough time adapting with all this.
View All Quotes
Where is everyone?

First off, welcome to the club. You're in for a wild ride.

Me and you are alot alike in what happened. In may of 2012 my little man was born and I basically went through the same thing you're describing.

I assume since I have seen you post multiple times you are on trt?

If you are then order your blood work and go get check to see what's going on.

You also could be gaining weight from increased coffee intake and the amount of stress you are going through right now. Stress can pack the weight on for no other reason than your adrenals are running 24hrs per day. If I drink a large amount of coffee, I bloat. It seems weird since coffee is a diuretic and should loose water weight but not for me.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 12:44:13 PM EDT
[#48]

Me and you are alot alike in what happened. In may of 2012 my little man was born and I basically went through the same thing you're describing.

You also could be gaining weight from increased coffee intake and the amount of stress you are going through right now. Stress can pack the weight on for no other reason than your adrenals are running 24hrs per day. If I drink a large amount of coffee, I bloat. It seems weird since coffee is a diuretic and should loose water weight but not for me.
View All Quotes
Where is everyone?

I will be 33 in November and other than sleep deprived I am pretty healthy and stress free.  Diet is pretty lean (paleo) and I do not do lots of supplements or caffeine intake.  My T level was 320 when I started therapy in July at 100mg T/week and 350I.U. HCG x2 week, I did not need the the estrogen blocker to my knowledge and was getting energy and weight loss then we had the baby in September.  I started taking the E blocker about the middle of september when I noticed the weight gain.  I do feel that I am coming back to normal but want to have blood work done just to be safe.  Honestly I probably need to cut back on working out so hard until I can unfuck myself mentally.  Shoot me, stab me and blow me up but don't hand me no crying child!  j/k I'm adapting

Link Posted: 10/13/2014 1:07:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Seriously man, a kid will do all kinds of funky stuff to you mentally, emotionally, and physically. I still to this day don't handle kids very well. Honestly, besides my kid, I hate all other kids in general. I know it's bad to say that but....
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 1:48:37 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

Where is everyone?

OK I was wrong

My blood work came back this morning (via e-mail)

My T was 778 , this was drawn 2 days before my next T shot so it's probably right where it needs to be

My E sensitive was 12

JHC, I almost did it again and crashed my E

Since I went back on once per week injecting T instead of twice weekly, any amount even a 1/4 mg of anastrozole seems to drop my E like a rock.

I think the best indicator (for me) of high E is the oily skin and slight acne starting.

All other symptoms seem to mimic high and low E for me.

Page / 396
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top