BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 396
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 12:48:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By killswitch:

Have you tried what they don't know won't hurt them?  Some places share your data so they might catch on what you're up to and give you a time out though.  But plasma donation does jack for high HCT levels.
View Quote
That's what I was think about the don't ask don't tell. Except they do ask on the questionnaire every time you go in if you have donated blood within the last 2 months.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 1:32:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By kar98k:
Looks like all of the nearby doctors listed on 1st linked site are weightloss clinics - these tend to want to give pellets or only give the injections themselves for which they charge.

Second site url wants to be paid by western union with a $200 minimum.  That's not a minor risk.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SWIRE:

See if there is a provider certified by this organization in your area.  If so they should be willing to help.  http://worldlinkmedical.com/directory/

If you can't find anyone then I would not advise anything illegal; however, someone that is more trust worthy than others mentioned the US stock on this site to me at one point http://www.muscle-depot.ws/cart/ .  I have no idea about the company and never done any business with them but I know someone who claims they have.  
Looks like all of the nearby doctors listed on 1st linked site are weightloss clinics - these tend to want to give pellets or only give the injections themselves for which they charge.

Second site url wants to be paid by western union with a $200 minimum.  That's not a minor risk.
What DoverGunner is considering doesn't come without risks.  The locations in the first link most likely will not accept insurance, but neither do the TRT specialty clinics.  I found my doctor through that link.  They specialize in bio-identical hormones mainly but do a little bit with weight loss.  It is the only directory that I've found TRT treatment besides the $750 for 10 weeks TRT specialty clinics.  

The second link, as I mentioned I have never done business with but they have been around for a decent amount of time and the person that told me about them is a trusted as you could get when dealing with this type of thing.  He said he uses their HGH and that it was real.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 1:38:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PantherArms762] [#3]
Originally Posted By DoverGunner:
Guys my DR will not help me PERIOD . I told him if he did not help By God I would get it from the internet F him
58 y/o male great shape
Testosterone 385 , Free testosterone 45.6
I have absolutely no Libido . My wife is Hot and sexy as they come . Yet I have Zero interest . No I am not gay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suggestions . Buy online ????? and from whom
View Quote
I have not used these people myself, though I am heavily considering it. There's TRT page on Facebook that has a lot of their patients that have nothing but fantastic things to say about them.

From what I have gathered reading shitloads of posts/praise, initial consultation is about $250 plus tests, then cuts in about half every 3 months.

They mail you pre filled syringes. You may need to check and see if your state allows telemed.

LINK

ETA: Hmmm wouldn't let me see the fee schedule through the site, but Google brought it up and it works fine,

COSTS
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 4:40:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Figured I would throw my experience thus far with this journey in here and potentially help one or two guys out.

Little background :29 YO I have been lifting weights since I was a teenager, always active etc. 6 years active Army and currently in LE. I am 6'2 and usually hovered around 205-210 lbs. 2009 I ballooned up to 230, felt really shitty, depressed, low energy/libido, didn't want to participate in family activities with wife/kids etc. Went to Dr. and was diagnosed hypothyroid, have been taking levothyroxine since. Dosage has gone from 50 mcg, 75, 100, 112, and currently sits at 125. Weight came back down and all was well. Fast forward 2014ish (I think this is when it started again), feeling same shit thinking my thyroid was off again. Noticed lifts haven't improved, recovery is longer etc on top of weight gain and typical hypo symptoms.  

Went to PCP and voiced my concerns, he ordered blood test and TSH came back around 3.2. Maybe could use an adjustment but nothing crazy. Voiced concerns about test levels and was told by PCP (who mostly deals with geriatrics, I am his youngest patient) that there was no way my T levels were low and wouldn't authorize a blood test. I decided fuck that, went on groupon and found a local men's vitality clinic who was offering a Total T,PSA test with consultation for $15 (check groupon!). Did that and Total T returned at 289 (9AM). Clinic wanted to do another blood test, this time with SHBG,e2 etc etc and then do weekly shots (fuck that). I asked them for a copy of my blood test and went about my bidness. At this point I am so extremely ecstatic because I have discovered what is actually going on and can pinpoint it.

Brought blood test to PCP, and told him about my experience. He was extremely skeptical and suggested the clinic may be doctoring results. When I pulled out the test and showed him it was through Sonora Quest, his attitude changed suddenly as that is the same lab company he uses himself. He then became serious about treatment and ordered a full hormonal panel for me. Got those results, which returned with Total T at 495 and Free T at 10.5 (7AM). Back to PCP, who now says he is on the fence about starting treatment due to my semi-"high" results. PCP then suggests maybe my first panel was made in error and now wants to do a 3rd test because I still have symptoms... in 6 weeks. Meanwhile, this whole time I feel like complete dogshit and want to get this going soon especially since treatment itself takes a while to kick in. PCP had also mentioned prior that if I was to start treatment, I would be doing bi-weekly shots. Everything I have read thus far tells me to run away from this dude.  

So once again, fuck that. I hop on google and search for docs. Find one who has good reviews, specializes in TRT and is a Naturopathic MD. Dude is out of network though. Call for pricing, initial office visit is $165! Don't care, my health is worth it. So I go on down. He is very mellow, we do a 60 minute consult and I give him all my concerns, medical history etc. I tell him about my thyroid and he asks if anyone has told me I have Hashimoto's disease. I say no and he explains I most likely have it due to my Synthroid increases, and he will test me for it when he does my labs. We talk about TRT, risk vs reward etc etc. He explains that he does HCG, AI's, etc etc and wants to keep me in the high range of normal with free T between 20-24. At this point I am stoked and have found the holy-not in network-grail. Got labs done and came back in for results.

(Collected at 0921)
WBC 5.3
RBC 5.8
Hemoglobin 16.9
Hematocrit 49.1
MCV 85
MCH 28.9
MCHC 34.2
Platelet Count 284
RDW (sd) 40.1
RDW (cv) 13
MPV 10.3

Estradiol 22      7-60 pg/mL
TSH 2.76
T3 3.3
LH 4.6
Microsomal TPO >1000
Hemoglobin A1c  5.3
eAG 105

Free Testosterone 56.5    35-155 pg/mL
Total Testosterone 348    250-1000 ng/dL

Went back in to doc and discussed results. He confirmed I have Hashimotos and explained my immune system is attacking my thyroid for unknown reasons. Treatment is continue with Levothyroxine and monitor.
Was told my Hematocrit was a little high, but I can drink grapefruit juice to slightly lower it and possibly donate blood or do a therapeutic phlebotomy if necessary. Doc said with these results, treatment is completely up to me. I can try clomid, or I can try just HCG, or I can do Test injections with HCG (and AI if necessary). After discussing with my wife, I opted to begin injection treatment.

Doc gave me pre filled HCG shots and a script on the spot for 5mL vial at 200 mg/mL with instructions to begin with 120mg a week.  Called my insurance, which covered T but as a higher tier med they wanted like $200 a month lol. Opted to go with GoodRX coupon at local CVS pharmacy. They didn't have 5mL vials, so I called the doc and he immediately called me in a 10 mL vial at 200 mg/mL with the same dosage instructions while I waited. I got a 4 month supply for $60. I am doing this for 6 weeks, getting labs and going in to see if any adjustments are necessary. Doc said if I need to he will have me do it twice a week, which I have read is ideal.

I am now 11 days into treatment and noticing it slightly. My heart rate seemed elevated the first week and I had a little more endurance in the gym, didn't feel as fatigued as fast. I have begun sleeping better, one night my fitbit confirmed I slept for 9 hours and 53 minutes, I haven't been able to do that since I was in high school. I am noticing on my sleep tracker bigger periods of undisturbed sleep. The huge thing for me is my afternoon headaches have gone away. They were like clockwork and felt like cluster headaches. I couldn't do anything to get rid of them. I've also noticed, in the mornings especially, my mind is sharper. I caught myself daydreaming the other morning (0420 wakeup for work) while putting on my clothes. It caught me off guard. I am so used to the cloudy hypothyroid haze that is my mornings until about 1000 AM or I have coffee. Coffee feels like an option now and definitely not a must-have. I am anxiously waiting the added benefits that are supposed to be headed my way.

TL;DR
Life sucked, now it appears to be getting waaaaaaaay better.
Be persistent and keep searching. If you find a unicorn willing to prescribe TRT,HCG and an AI on "in range" levels like me, consider yourself fucking lucky. If you need to use Groupon to establish some evidence, DO IT. Even if you're somewhat curious, the Groupon was $15. That is less than my copay.

For the Phoenix guys. Doc is Robin Teranella with Southwest Integrative Medicine at 40th ST/Bell. Down to earth guy and will LISTEN to you.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 8:17:20 PM EDT
[#5]
@Dovergunner

A few in this thread have used increasemyt.com. They are not cheap, but they are legit and know their protocol well. Once you are on T and get your numbers stabilized, then look for a local doc(other than your current doc) and see if they will continue your treatment. Another option that works is to call your local compounding pharmacy and ask them directly what doctors they see a lot of T prescriptions from. They are usually more than happy to help.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 1:36:05 PM EDT
[#6]
See if there is a provider certified by this organization in your area.  If so they should be willing to help.  http://worldlinkmedical.com/directory/

If you can't find anyone then I would not advise anything illegal; however, someone that is more trust worthy than others mentioned the US stock on this site to me at one point http://www.muscle-depot.ws/cart/ .  I have no idea about the company and never done any business with them but I know someone who claims they have.  
View Quote
Interesting...
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 2:04:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By EXPY37:
Interesting...
View All Quotes

Interesting...
$200 minimum purchase.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 3:02:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 8:44:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By cowboy:
They have good reviews. $200 would get me almost a years worth of Test C....
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By burbanite:

Interesting...
$200 minimum purchase.
Oh, I agree, if one wanted to go this way it would appear to be a very good alternative to the normal route. It is interesting how many blends there are, that could be confusing, T Cyp has been mentioned here so I imagine the equivalent offered there is comparable.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:29:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Oh, I agree, if one wanted to go this way it would appear to be a very good alternative to the normal route. It is interesting how many blends there are, that could be confusing, T Cyp has been mentioned here so I imagine the equivalent offered there is comparable.
View Quote
You would have to research each.  Some are different esters of testosterone.  Some are a combination of esters.  Some are a combination of other anabolics plus testosterone.

Test E has a slightly shorter half life and is typically dosed at 250mg/ml compared to 200mg/ml.  The esters that have a short half life are said to burn and you have to inject them daily.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 6:36:38 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote
That's really not that great of a price.  Last time I purchased Test I spent about $45/10ml vial (200mg/ml) for about $45 shipped.  It's been available for less than $60/10ml for over a year, in fact I don't think I've ever spent more than $50/10ml- but I usually stock up when I see a sale, only once or twice a year typically.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 7:30:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 8:42:21 PM EDT
[#13]
You would have to research each.  Some are different esters of testosterone.  Some are a combination of esters.  Some are a combination of other anabolics plus testosterone.

Test E has a slightly shorter half life and is typically dosed at 250mg/ml compared to 200mg/ml.  The esters that have a short half life are said to burn and you have to inject them daily.  
View All Quotes

After reading through all of this thread it is clear that injecting approximately twice a week is the way to achieve the best, consistent results. With that in mind, I would then assume that choosing the equivalent of the substance offered by our local medical folks would be the course of action to be taken. If a person were to go this route is there a specific blend that would fit that criteria?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:26:16 PM EDT
[#14]

Is that with a Rx though?
View Quote
Uhhhh.....

I'm not 100% sure how to answer that.    

No, all black market.  Send an anonymous money order and cross your fingers.  Only go through dealers with reputations, as capitalistic as it gets.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:29:38 PM EDT
[#15]

After reading through all of this thread it is clear that injecting approximately twice a week is the way to achieve the best, consistent results. With that in mind, I would then assume that choosing the equivalent of the substance offered by our local medical folks would be the course of action to be taken. If a person were to go this route is there a specific blend that would fit that criteria?
View Quote
What SWIRE is saying is that the info in this thread is primarily based on Test Cyp.  If you're using another base, you will need to examine the half-life of that particular variety and determine what doses and frequency to use.  With test cyp you're going to have very little if any swings in levels if you're taking two shots per week.  Some will not require as many shots per week, some require more.  I've heard some of the values but I only use test cyp, so I've sort of let the rest of if go in one ear (eye?) and out the other.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:37:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 1:30:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Southtek] [#17]
I'm 55 years old and I went and got tested. T score of 194. I received my first injection this past Thursday. Since then I haven't had a good night's sleep, weird vibrant dreams, tossing and turning all night. I haven't noticed any benefits as of yet. Is this normal? I'm scheduled to go back this Saturday for the next shot and let the Doc know how it went. I can't tell you what the injection was or the amount, but as of right now I'm not enjoying this at all. Can anyone shed some light on what's going on?
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 2:34:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Southtek:
I'm 55 years old and I went and got tested. T score of 194. I received my first injection this past Thursday. Since then I haven't had a good night's sleep, weird vibrant dreams, tossing and turning all night. I haven't noticed any benefits as of yet. Is this normal? I'm scheduled to go back this Saturday for the next shot and let the Doc know how it went. I can't tell you what the injection was or the amount, but as of right now I'm not enjoying this at all. Can anyone shed some light on what's going on?
View Quote
It takes a while to kick in, and to get to stable blood levels. Check with your doc on the 3 things
1.Type of ester-These esters effect the half life of testosterone. Meaning how long these release the T for your body to use. The half lives can vary between 1 day to around 16 days. Though 99% of the time a Dr is going to use Test-E (Enanthate) 4-7 day half life or Test-C (Cypionate)5-9 day half life. Think of it in drinking terms your going to feel pounding a shot quicker than drinking a beer over an hour.

2. Amount injected. The concentration of the dose, most common 200mg/ml,250mg/ml,300mg/ml mutiplied by the how many or percent of ml injected.

3. Dosing Freq. Most doctors suck at this and give stupid recommendations. Once every week or once every two week is stupid. Steroid users will inject if Test-E E3D(every 3 days), Test-C E4D (every 4 days).
Twice a week is a good idea for both Test-E and Test-C, it is also easier/convenient for people to remember. For example injecting on Sunday and Wednesday than having to count days.

I posted this graph on page 257, along with others showing different frequency protocols. But lets just say it takes 10mg release to feel good. This is not reached until day 12. It also takes time for the drugs to interact on the individual cells. If constipated and take medicine it is not instantaneous it takes a few hours, steroids take even longer days if not weeks. Though you have some guys get the placebo effect where they feel great an hour later (but if you checked there blood there would still be no rise in the T levels). It might just be mental too, you are thinking about it so much

The graph above was used using Steroid Calc   you can play around with it to see different levels,stable releases etc
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 2:57:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By SCW:

What SWIRE is saying is that the info in this thread is primarily based on Test Cyp.  If you're using another base, you will need to examine the half-life of that particular variety and determine what doses and frequency to use.  With test cyp you're going to have very little if any swings in levels if you're taking two shots per week.  Some will not require as many shots per week, some require more.  I've heard some of the values but I only use test cyp, so I've sort of let the rest of if go in one ear (eye?) and out the other.
View Quote
Test-C and Test-E are close enough to be used the same. Both have very stable blood levels at twice a week, you can go 3TW (3 times a week) with E for slightly more stable levels. The other esters except for super long Undecanoate are not ideal for TRT. Sustanon is ok (it is a mix of 4 different esters,some long some short) you will feel it faster, but after a few weeks it will not keep levels as stable as E/C. The other short stuff like Propionate is more for physique competitors who will drop Testosterone and all other steroids/compounds that retain water 2 weeks or so before a show (short half life will be out of their system in 2 weeks) this helps them achieve the "dick skin look"  veiny, thin skin, engorged etc. You can use Propionate for TRT but with such a short half life you will be injecting every day. Other stuff like Test-Base, Test No Ester would be terrible for TRT half life of only 4 hours. Mostly used by power lifters on the day of their competition.

Try to stick to a normal concentration 200mg/ml,250mg/ml,300mg/ml. At higher concatenations (you can find up to 500mg/ml) more alcohol is added into the mix to prevent it from crashing........I do not know the right term, but not being in suspension.  The higher alcohol content can cause more pain while injecting.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 3:49:55 PM EDT
[#20]
I have been using Axiron for nearly 4 years (50 mg/2 pumps once a day). My free testosterone recently was 4.1 (total wasn't tested ).

My total T has been in the 300 range but just isn't doing what I want.

I went to a local "Men's Clinic" whom I have dealt with before on other issues. I've had my second injection (don't remember the type or numbers) and will have my third Wed. the. Blood work.

I'll keep you updated on the new numbers.

I will say I seem to have more energy but that may be psychological.

More to follow.

TC
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:17:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By AA717driver:
I have been using Axiron for nearly 4 years (50 mg/2 pumps once a day). My free testosterone recently was 4.1 (total wasn't tested ).

I went to a local "Men's Clinic" whom I have dealt with before on other issues. I've had my second injection (don't remember the type or numbers) and will have my third Wed. the. Blood work.

More to follow.

TC
View Quote
Those numbers suck. 300 total T is 80 year old man levels.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:21:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NorthPolar] [#22]
Slight update:

2 months on Anastrozole as of tonight.  No idea as to E level but mood swings are severely reduced.  Blood work had me at 119 (I think) in September, and it took until late Jan to convince the doc an E blocker was needed.  (mostly because he went on a long vacation right after my visit)

I fly south to see him again next weekend.  Hoping I can have a good conversation about HCG to complete the trifecta.  Considering he's an endo that specializes in hormone stuff, I'm hopeful.  Will likely up the HGH dose.  It's helping a bit, but the day I accidentally went up by 50% was a huge improvement in energy.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:30:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: corwin1968] [#23]
Originally Posted By AA717driver:

More to follow.

TC
View Quote
Whoever invented Axiron should be tarred and feathered.     I don't know how anyone thought it was a good idea to develop a medication that is the consistency of water that is meant to be applied like deodorant.  I usually dribbled more down my side than I got under my arms.  I refuse to use it and the Axiron people seem to be the one's who gave the biggest kickback to my insurer.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 10:27:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By corwin1968:
Whoever invented Axiron should be tarred and feathered.     I don't know how anyone thought it was a good idea to develop a medication that is the consistency of water that is meant to be applied like deodorant.  I usually dribbled more down my side than I got under my arms.  I refuse to use it and the Axiron people seem to be the one's who gave the biggest kickback to my insurer.  
View Quote
Not to mention that the trans-dermals seem to quit working for some people.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 9:14:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By NorthPolar:
Slight update:

2 months on Anastrozole as of tonight.  No idea as to E level but mood swings are severely reduced.  Blood work had me at 119 (I think) in September, and it took until late Jan to convince the doc an E blocker was needed.  (mostly because he went on a long vacation right after my visit)

I fly south to see him again next weekend.  Hoping I can have a good conversation about HCG to complete the trifecta.  Considering he's an endo that specializes in hormone stuff, I'm hopeful.  Will likely up the HGH dose.  It's helping a bit, but the day I accidentally went up by 50% was a huge improvement in energy.
View Quote
Are you injecting IM or sub-q? For some sub-q seems to really keep the E down.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 9:18:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By LE6920:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LE6920:
Originally Posted By NorthPolar:
Slight update:

Sub Q.  Mostly I think it was that I've been on TRT for ~3.5 years now and nobody ever bothered to check my E levels.  Hell, until I switched to my specialist, I was on huge TRT doses and my HCT was in the 'you gonna die' range, because the internist never checked.  

So much happier to be with this guy. 
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 9:22:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Eute:

Test-C and Test-E are close enough to be used the same. Both have very stable blood levels at twice a week, you can go 3TW (3 times a week) with E for slightly more stable levels. The other esters except for super long Undecanoate are not ideal for TRT. Sustanon is ok (it is a mix of 4 different esters,some long some short) you will feel it faster, but after a few weeks it will not keep levels as stable as E/C. The other short stuff like Propionate is more for physique competitors who will drop Testosterone and all other steroids/compounds that retain water 2 weeks or so before a show (short half life will be out of their system in 2 weeks) this helps them achieve the "dick skin look"  veiny, thin skin, engorged etc. You can use Propionate for TRT but with such a short half life you will be injecting every day. Other stuff like Test-Base, Test No Ester would be terrible for TRT half life of only 4 hours. Mostly used by power lifters on the day of their competition.

Try to stick to a normal concentration 200mg/ml,250mg/ml,300mg/ml. At higher concatenations (you can find up to 500mg/ml) more alcohol is added into the mix to prevent it from crashing........I do not know the right term, but not being in suspension.  The higher alcohol content can cause more pain while injecting.  
View Quote
Very good post.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 9:24:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By 2tired2run:

Not to mention that the trans-dermals seem to quit working for some people.
View Quote
Just like clomid. Skip the bullshit, man up and stick an insulin needle in your ass and feel better within the month.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:21:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By pumbaajk:

Just like clomid. Skip the bullshit, man up and stick an insulin needle in your ass and feel better within the month.
View Quote
I dig the subq belly shots. Only thing is I get lumps that take a few days to go away.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:55:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

I dig the subq belly shots. Only thing is I get lumps that take a few days to go away.
View Quote
The temp lumps seem pretty common with subq.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:23:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Another Dr apt yesterday.  My normal 3 month routine.  Test. was at 174 in my "trough".  Had a screw up with my regular PCP and ran out of some dietary meds so my other numbers were way wonky.  I have Hashimotos - and was off synthroid for a bit and it screwed up everything.  Dr was onboard for tailoring my script so I could get the 10cc vial (last fill was a nightmare as they wanted me to get 8 1cc vials at triple the cost of a 10cc based on my scripted dosage).  My hematocrit is still problematic.  54.3 with a recent donation.  I can donate in another week and will do so.  I'm also on Eliquis (blood thinner) so the hematologist said hematocrit isn't a problem unless it hits 60 - much to the disgust of my Endo.

My Endo STILL refuses to even test for e and e2 let alone even discuss Arimedex or Anistrozole (spelling??)

I'm seriously thinking of taking my concerns "north of the border". Is RELIABLE still a go to and safe to use?  I'm going to see if I can sneak an E test with my regular PCP bloodwork next time.  I have had them add the T test to regular so I didn't have to go to another lab and get stuck/have a draw for my Endo request.  It's crazy as I see a multitude of Drs and they all want independent blood work....

They changed all my scripts to "call ins" or e-file as opposed to written out.  I even got hosed on my last syringe reorder.  I always got a box of B&D 3cc vials (100 in a box).  Last time the "insurance  wouldn't cover it" or so said my pharmacy so they put 52 syringes in a bag because my script is written out as 1 injection a week.  I think those things are like 4 cents each....
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:13:24 AM EDT
[#32]

View Quote
I get them too. I switch between belly and ass to keep from getting one spot from getting to swollen.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:17:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Zoomer302:
Another Dr apt yesterday.  My normal 3 month routine.  Test. was at 174 in my "trough".  Had a screw up with my regular PCP and ran out of some dietary meds so my other numbers were way wonky.  I have Hashimotos - and was off synthroid for a bit and it screwed up everything.  Dr was onboard for tailoring my script so I could get the 10cc vial (last fill was a nightmare as they wanted me to get 8 1cc vials at triple the cost of a 10cc based on my scripted dosage).  My hematocrit is still problematic.  54.3 with a recent donation.  I can donate in another week and will do so.  I'm also on Eliquis (blood thinner) so the hematologist said hematocrit isn't a problem unless it hits 60 - much to the disgust of my Endo.

My Endo STILL refuses to even test for e and e2 let alone even discuss Arimedex or Anistrozole (spelling??)

I'm seriously thinking of taking my concerns "north of the border". Is RELIABLE still a go to and safe to use?  I'm going to see if I can sneak an E test with my regular PCP bloodwork next time.  I have had them add the T test to regular so I didn't have to go to another lab and get stuck/have a draw for my Endo request.  It's crazy as I see a multitude of Drs and they all want independent blood work....

They changed all my scripts to "call ins" or e-file as opposed to written out.  I even got hosed on my last syringe reorder.  I always got a box of B&D 3cc vials (100 in a box).  Last time the "insurance  wouldn't cover it" or so said my pharmacy so they put 52 syringes in a bag because my script is written out as 1 injection a week.  I think those things are like 4 cents each....
View Quote
The simple stuff first:
Order your syringes online, allegromedical, ebay etc are all cheaper and easier.  
T can't be e -scripted it's a controlled substance.
Go to privatemdlabs and order the female hormone panel it will include the E2 test, it' 45-50$$'s,

Harder stuff:
If your doctors aren't communicating, that's pretty shitty (not to mention borderline malpractice) and I'd tell all of them start talking to each other coordinate these lab tests or I'm going to have to go somewhere else.  There is absolutely no reason they can't all review the same bloodwork unless they're financially incentivized to order from different labs.  The east coast is saturated with doctors, I'd go elsewhere and file complaints with the state board over that shit.  

get the test to see where your numbers are before blindly taking azol.  With your T numbers I seriously doubt you need azol and it may just make you feel worse.  If you're 175 in the trough, you're probably not much higher than 500 or so peak.  What's your dosage?  

I'm also on synthroid.  That shit is cheap, tell the pharmacists to cash you out for an extra 30 days and keep some around.  The 30 day refill limit is an insurance limit not a legal limit on synthroid.  You could buy a year's worth if you wanted.  60 tablets is $10 at walmart.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:48:50 AM EDT
[#34]
The simple stuff first:
Order your syringes online, allegromedical, ebay etc are all cheaper and easier.  
Go to privatemdlabs and order the female hormone panel it will include the E2 test, it' 45-50$'s,

Harder stuff:
If your doctors aren't communicating, that's pretty shitty (not to mention borderline malpractice) and I'd tell all of them start talking to each other coordinate these lab tests or I'm going to have to go somewhere else.  There is absolutely no reason they can't all review the same bloodwork unless they're financially incentivized to order from different labs.  The east coast is saturated with doctors, I'd go elsewhere and file complaints with the state board over that shit.  

get the test to see where your numbers are before blindly taking azol.  With your T numbers I seriously doubt you need azol and it may just make you feel worse.  If you're 175 in the trough, you're probably not much higher than 500 or so peak.  What's your dosage?  

I'm also on synthroid.  That shit is cheap, tell the pharmacists to cash you out for an extra 30 days and keep some around.  The 30 day refill limit is an insurance limit not a legal limit on synthroid.  You could buy a year's worth if you wanted.  60 tablets is $10 at walmart.  
View All Quotes

The simple stuff first:
Go to privatemdlabs and order the female hormone panel it will include the E2 test, it' 45-50$'s,

Harder stuff:

Excellent post and thanks for typing it all out.  I agree with everything you said except all of my Drs say that controlled meds HAVE to be e-scribed.  I used to get written ones for Test Cyp and pain meds but now ALL of those are called into the pharmacy (I assume that the Dr calling it in to the pharmacy is e-scribing it).  I'm injecting .75 cc IM every 8 days 200 Test Cyp. - and will admit I was off schedule for that "trough" number (11 days on day of test.)  I have tested as high as 1050 when I first started TRT therapy years ago and have fought to get the dosing schedule I have now (Sometimes I break the .75 into 2 doses 4 days apart due to bioavailability, etc.  The real reason I question my e levels is based on this thread and other posted symptoms.  The one that really gets me is the "inability to finish" with my wife.  God bless her heart she swings for the fences too and it gets borderline painful.  It feels like I'm standing on the edge of a cliff with 1 foot over the edge but just cant take that last step.  VERY frustrating and it bothers me to no end.  Thankfully its uncommon but there.  Whats even more maddening is the following morning I can be "a 5 pump chump" with her.  I will follow your advice and get the separate test as I most assuredly don't want to crash my E - that would be worse than where I'm at.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 7:13:51 PM EDT
[#35]

Excellent post and thanks for typing it all out.  I agree with everything you said except all of my Drs say that controlled meds HAVE to be e-scribed.  I used to get written ones for Test Cyp and pain meds but now ALL of those are called into the pharmacy (I assume that the Dr calling it in to the pharmacy is e-scribing it).  I'm injecting .75 cc IM every 8 days 200 Test Cyp. - and will admit I was off schedule for that "trough" number (11 days on day of test.)  I have tested as high as 1050 when I first started TRT therapy years ago and have fought to get the dosing schedule I have now (Sometimes I break the .75 into 2 doses 4 days apart due to bioavailability, etc.  The real reason I question my e levels is based on this thread and other posted symptoms.  The one that really gets me is the "inability to finish" with my wife.  God bless her heart she swings for the fences too and it gets borderline painful.  It feels like I'm standing on the edge of a cliff with 1 foot over the edge but just cant take that last step.  VERY frustrating and it bothers me to no end.  Thankfully its uncommon but there.  Whats even more maddening is the following morning I can be "a 5 pump chump" with her.  I will follow your advice and get the separate test as I most assuredly don't want to crash my E - that would be worse than where I'm at.
View Quote
The management of E can drive you crazy.  I've had a limp dick issue in the past caused by an imbalance, E of 17 to 48 compared to total T of around 1100, and luckily I'm back in hard-dick town but I have that same issue - inability to finish.  I guess it's better than the other problem but damn it's crazy hard sometimes.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:57:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By pumbaajk:

I get them too. I switch between belly and ass to keep from getting one spot from getting to swollen.
View Quote
I've been moving around on my belly. Seems to help.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:00:02 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote
That's funny because the pharmacy here made my Dr print and sign a copy. And wouldn't take the E one.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:03:41 PM EDT
[#38]

That's funny because the pharmacy here made my Dr print and sign a copy. And wouldn't take the E one.
View Quote
Around here they will renew by phone but that's about it.  I have usually had to bring in hard copies but the doc would send in my synthroid electronically.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 10:10:18 PM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes

I've only used Test C and Test E.  Test E gives a bit more of a boost, as there is more testosterone per ML and it absorbs faster.  Twice a week still works fine with it.  If you really want to bulk up the combo with Tren in it would help.  I'm not sure what it does or how it is dosed, just that it is used with testosterone to really add mass.  There are other sites that openly discuss all those things in detail.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 9:13:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GunGuyMP] [#40]
I go in tomorrow and get blood drawn to see if 30-days of clomid (well the generic version of it) did anything for me.  I think he expects results back next day with the lab they use.  I feel no different but it will be interesting to see what the blood work shows.

Edit:  Actually I do feel slightly different, been getting a very minor dull headache on the right side of my head in the morning a couple hours after taking it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 9:19:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 9:48:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By GunGuyMP:
I go in tomorrow and get blood drawn to see if 30-days of clomid (well the generic version of it) did anything for me.  I think he expects results back next day with the lab they use.  I feel no different but it will be interesting to see what the blood work shows.

Edit:  Actually I do feel slightly different, been getting a very minor dull headache on the right side of my head in the morning a couple hours after taking it.
View Quote
Let us know the results. I went from 200 to over 700 and didn't feel any different.  Once they hit 1100 I felt a little but mostly I felt the high E level.  About 6 months in is when I noticed a difference.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 10:45:30 AM EDT
[#43]
Looks like its my turn to start TRT, i am 35, very active (was more so until about a month ago) workout at least 3 days a week, was mixing in Jiu Jitsu about three days a week or more now i get about three days a week total between the two, not sure on body fat percentage but i am not carrying excess weight. i actually feel like i have been losing some body fat but its hard to tell since i mostly do HIIT training or Jiu Jitsu and both of those are extremely taxing

I have noticed a few posts on here where 35 seems to be common. it was a sharp drop off for me although thinking back maybe some of the supplements i was taking helped prop me up, Creatine has seemed to help some but will power is mostly what gets me through workouts/sparring now. is creatine something i should stop taking if i begin TRT? havent really thought about it until now

i have read about 50 pages of this thread and gleaned a good bit of information from it i am definitely on the fence about it but being pissed off, feeling weak, agitated, cant focus as well as i used to, and generally like crap isn't going to fly anymore

i have had two set of blood test at my PCP so far and i do not have all of the numbers but i do have symptoms and low levels

first set of labs in the afternoon 214 was the measurement, second set of labs in the morning was 204

after the second set of labs PCP had his nurse call and offer the cream which i turned down (pregnant wife, small son etc) other option was 100mg/ml once a month. this DR has been pretty open to suggestions in the past as long as i have presented logical arguments so i scheduled an office visit to talk to him about it which just happens to be tomorrow.

i have made a pretty detailed document to read over or show him thankfully this thread has great information in it and there has been a ton of research done so that is helpful. one of the other guys at my gym who noticed my sparring was becoming sub par just started TRT and goes to a endocrinologist that does his treatments so i have that option if my PCP isn't open to discussion. i am glad to have him to have some real world in person feedback to compare treatments to but all he seems to be care about is his sex drive going up lol
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 12:44:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By KJCA3:
Looks like its my turn to start TRT, i am 35, very active (was more so until about a month ago) workout at least 3 days a week, was mixing in Jiu Jitsu about three days a week or more now i get about three days a week total between the two, not sure on body fat percentage but i am not carrying excess weight. i actually feel like i have been losing some body fat but its hard to tell since i mostly do HIIT training or Jiu Jitsu and both of those are extremely taxing

I have noticed a few posts on here where 35 seems to be common. it was a sharp drop off for me although thinking back maybe some of the supplements i was taking helped prop me up, Creatine has seemed to help some but will power is mostly what gets me through workouts/sparring now. is creatine something i should stop taking if i begin TRT? havent really thought about it until now

i have read about 50 pages of this thread and gleaned a good bit of information from it i am definitely on the fence about it but being pissed off, feeling weak, agitated, cant focus as well as i used to, and generally like crap isn't going to fly anymore

i have had two set of blood test at my PCP so far and i do not have all of the numbers but i do have symptoms and low levels

first set of labs in the afternoon 214 was the measurement, second set of labs in the morning was 204

after the second set of labs PCP had his nurse call and offer the cream which i turned down (pregnant wife, small son etc) other option was 100mg/ml once a month. this DR has been pretty open to suggestions in the past as long as i have presented logical arguments so i scheduled an office visit to talk to him about it which just happens to be tomorrow.

i have made a pretty detailed document to read over or show him thankfully this thread has great information in it and there has been a ton of research done so that is helpful. one of the other guys at my gym who noticed my sparring was becoming sub par just started TRT and goes to a endocrinologist that does his treatments so i have that option if my PCP isn't open to discussion. i am glad to have him to have some real world in person feedback to compare treatments to but all he seems to be care about is his sex drive going up lol
View Quote
If you have read enough of this thread you know 100mg/ml once a month is a bullshit dose. 100mg/ml once a week would be a start. Do not accept any dose with less than once a week injections. Preferably twice a week. My guess is you're going to need a new doc.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 1:10:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By KJCA3:

View Quote
Can we see what you wrote?
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 1:18:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 2:48:22 PM EDT
[#47]

Can we see what you wrote?
View Quote
No problem i am sure i didn't cover everything

•Research suggest one week injection interval at a minimum starting at 100mg/ml of testosterone cypionate

•Do labs show E2/estradiol level? What about Hematocrit? leutenizing hormone (LH) level? TRT can raise estrogen levels, and thicken blood would like to know for baseline

•Ideal estradiol levels between 21.80 and 30.11 pg/mL Picogram/milliliter

•Free testosterone (bioavailable) – 25-30: 5.05 to 19.8 ng/dl – 30 to 35: 4.85 to 19.0 ng/dl (Nanogram/deciliter)

•Thyroid range - .5 to 4.5 or 5.5

•Normal hematocrit 38.8 to 50 percent (Hematocrit is expressed as a percentage)

•Do not want the gel – pregnant wife, do not want it on son, I also sweat a lot during exercise and sparring

•Best protocol based off feedback from TRT patients seems to be testosterone cypionate injections, plus HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) injections, plus an AI as needed to control estrogen synthesis

•Break down of protocol that seems to deliver the least amount of spikes and lows

1.100mg test cypionate injected per week with two or more injections per week
2.250iu HCG SC every other day
3.1.0mg Arimidex/anastrozole per week in divided doses (only needed if E2 estradiol levels are high) TRT that brings T levels to normal ranges generally do not lead to high estradiol levels. Some men are genetically predisposed to higher estradiol levels when on TRT. Symptoms in these men can include gynecomastia (male breast development) and edema (fluid retention in extremities). Lab Corp uses an electro-chemiluminescence immunoassay methodology and defines high estradiol as equal to or above 42.6 pg/mLPicogram/milliliter

•Reason for number 1 - Injecting testosterone once a week induces spikes in testosterone levels followed by lows. This can make many feel bad or worse at the end of the week than their pre-TRT state. As time goes on the dead zone gets wider and they feel no relief with injections. These feel much better injecting twice a week or even every other day

•Reason for number 2 - HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) medically used to induce ovulation in females and to stimulate testosterone production in males. HCG mimics leutenizing hormone (LH).  LH stimulates the Leydig cells in the testicles to produce testosterone.  This action also causes the testes to return to normal size and function if they were suppressed due to exogenous (from the outside) testosterone. Further evidence for use of HCG When you are on testosterone therapy, it is inevitable that your cholesterol level will go up.  Cholesterol is the beginning chemical structure for many of our hormones.  The enzyme that begins the changes of cholesterol into other hormones is stimulated by LH.  When taking testosterone, LH is suppressed.  When you inject the HCG, the enzyme is stimulated again and the pathway flows normally.

•Recommended usage instructions for HCG - 500IU three times a week, one week on, three weeks off usually at the beginning of the month. You will draw 5ml of bacteriostatic water from the vial and inject it into the dried HCG vial.  DO NOT shake the HCG because the molecule is a peptide and is held together by weak carbon bonds.  Shaking can destroy the molecule. Then draw 0.5ml of mixed HCG into the small insulin syringe provided.  Inject the HCG into the subcutaneous fat of your lower abdomen.  Store the HCG in the refrigerator after it is mixed.  The vial expires 30 days after mixing. Using HCG while taking testosterone is important to maintain testicular size and function, help balance the other hormones needed in the body, and increases a man’s sense of well-being and libido

•Reason for number 3 - When testosterone rises sharply, your body will aromatize the testosterone into estrogen.  This can be prevented with a tablet called arimidex/anastrazole.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 4:24:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 11:41:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JoshInReno] [#49]
I've had a feeling something was wrong and I checked the box for just about all of the systems so I had my levels checked last week:

34 years old
Testosterone, Serum 495
Testosterone, Free, Direct 9.6

According to the lab, these fall within normal range. Low, but normal. However, when my levels compared to others by age they look much worse

If I understand the chart correctly, I have a total test level of a 75 year old and a free level of someone 10 years older than me?

I just started reading this thread from page one, so I have a lot of catching up to do before my follow up appointment next week.

ETA: Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy 73
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 11:59:52 AM EDT
[#50]

Those numbers suck. 300 total T is 80 year old man levels.
View Quote
Exactly. My Doc and Urologist are unconcerned.

I just did my third test shot 250mg/ml Cypionate.  Blood work will be done tomorrow.

TC
Page / 396
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top