Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2002 5:49:41 AM EDT
[url]http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/bal-md.shootings02jan02.story?coll=bal%2Dlocal%2Dheadlines[/url]

Nuckles.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 5:58:34 AM EDT
[#1]
In Philadelphia we had one moron shooting into the sky and when the police chased him down and arrested him they found out there was already an arrest warrant out for him on murder charges.
I wonder how he passed the NICS check?
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:33:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I thought if a bullet was shot staright up it would not come down with that much force. Or was the media messing up the facts again?
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:41:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:51:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 8:59:54 AM EDT
[#5]
A bullet reaches 0 velocity, then falls down and  starts accelerating from the pull of gravity, its speed is determined by the final height - the effect of friction, Saddam during the air raids over Bagdad had everyone shopot in the air, I think the  damage from their own bullets was more than the bombs.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 9:22:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Large bullets are dangerous when falling.  If you are going to shoot into the air use a bullet that is 50 grains or less.  
A .22 LR is not dangerous, but a .308 is, when shot upward at a >60 degree angle.

By dangerous, I mean serious wounds.  A falling .22 would cause a nasty bruise.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 8:32:13 AM EDT
[#7]
I saw a similar story on the news the other night.  From what they were saying, almost all the nearly 120 guns confiscated were

A) Confiscated from people with past criminal record

B) Illegally owned (ie most likely stolen or straw man purchased)

and a good number were

C) unregistered Class III (including at least one illegally converted full auto)

And this in one of the most firearm-restrictive cities in the country.  Yup, that gun control is working really well.  [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 8:40:12 AM EDT
[#8]
I some times fire off the shotgun --hot load with no shot and my neighbor fires off his black powder rifle with just a wad --no bullet alot of muzzle flash and noise maybe the danger of staring a fire but no stray bullets flying around.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top