Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2001 3:05:58 PM EDT
Dillon Press just had a couple issues devoted to the people and corporations that want to take away our 2nd ammendment rights.
Levi's is the one that really upsets me. I have worn them for 30 years, now I will give them up for Wrangler, who supports hunting.
Does anyone have other companies we should boycott?
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 3:12:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Sprint, Sara Lee and L'eggs (pantyhose) are three that come to mind- there are a lot more, but it's a job keeping up with them. Don't forget UPS....

+++++++++++++++++++

"The people should not be allowed to possess bows or crossbows.  When
ten rebels bend their crossbows to the full, a hundred officials dare
not advance."

Kung-Sun Hung, Imperial Chancellor (124 BC)
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 3:21:25 PM EDT
[#2]
UPS?

I didn't know that.
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 3:28:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, when I heard about levis I was really bummed, but like you I have gone to wranglers and never looked back.  I personally think the wranglers are superior to the levis anyway, my personal preference is the pro rodeo, slim fit--chicks dig 'em.

brian73
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 3:48:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I stopped buying levis awhile ago you can add ben n jerrys ice cream,hallmark to the list
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 5:40:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I dropped AOL several months back.  Last week someone from AOL called me to ask why.  I loved it, been wanting to blast them.  I mentioned that I keep hearing they are going to cut off access to gun related websites and I mentioned the fact that AOL fired 3 employees in Utah for having hunting rifles in their trunks in a SHARED (not company property) parking lot and were being sued for it.  He denied it all and hung up.
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 6:21:03 PM EDT
[#6]
If you drink PEPSI while watching HBO, you're supporting 2 anti-gun contributers.

There is a list at http://www.handguncontrol.org/ of all their anti-firearm ownership donators. You can even make a donation at the site with your credit card if you wish(hehe).

You become very PO'ed if you read any of the information at that site. Their statistics are far from the actual findings produced from studies.

A while back, I e-mailed them in reply to a poll they had about the 2nd Amm. I said, "The same document that allows you to freely run this webpage, grants me the right of pocessing a firearm. Why would all but one ammendment apply to the people. It was so important it made the top 5. Just last week, Pesident Clinton encouraged the people under Melosivich's rule to overtake him. This was why the 2nd Ammendment was written, to give people the ability to overtake an unruly government. It wasn't speaking of a state's National Guard, which is also part of the Govt."
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 6:28:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Now I have a reason to drop HBO(as soon as Sopranos is over).
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 6:57:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Kevin N:
If you drink PEPSI while watching HBO, you're supporting 2 anti-gun contributers.

There is a list at http://[url] www.handguncontrol.org/ [/url] of all their anti-firearm ownership donators. You can even make a donation at the site with your credit card if you wish(hehe).

You become very PO'ed if you read any of the information at that site. Their statistics are far from the actual findings produced from studies.

A while back, I e-mailed them in reply to a poll they had about the 2nd Amm. I said, "The same document that allows you to freely run this webpage, grants me the right of pocessing a firearm. Why would all but one ammendment apply to the people. It was so important it made the top 5. Just last week, Pesident Clinton encouraged the people under Melosivich's rule to overtake him. This was why the 2nd Ammendment was written, to give people the ability to overtake an unruly government. It wasn't speaking of a state's National Guard, which is also part of the Govt."
View Quote

Lets keep on mind it's not "Pesident Clinton" anymore - is that a cross between a peasant and a peon?
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 8:26:08 AM EDT
[#9]
At the time I wrote to Handgun Conrol Inc he was president. The overthrow took place last year.

I was just pointing out to them that even their liberal leader seen an applcation for the 2nd Ammendment and civilians.

Too bad he doesn't think it applies to Americans. They say it was written for a state's National Guard force. BS
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 8:51:34 AM EDT
[#10]
If you don't like Wrangler, give Old Navy a try - they seem to have pretty good jeans & stuff.
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 9:24:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Try Targets brand of jeans Mernona (or something)  They fit like Levis.  GOt my last pair for 12 bucks.  They dont last quite as long as the good brands but they are comfy and actually look good-unlike some of the bullet proof, shiny ones out there.
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 10:14:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Instead of Hallmark greeting cards, try Carlton, Gibson etc.  Why patronize a company that advocates taking my guns.
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 12:15:40 PM EDT
[#13]
I haven't bought a greeting card in along time, esp. from Hellmark, and I told them why at a local Hallmark store- they had no idea that their company gave money to anti-gun causes. Drones.....

I make my own cards now, either with pen and ink, or computer graphics

Hmmm... maybe I should make 2nd Amendment Xmas cards? How about a pic on the cover with Santa with a nice A2 on his lap in his sleigh, in case he gets sleigh-jacked? :^) Hoo-Yah!

------------------------------
All the wisdom of the universe cannot match the alert willingness to dodge a
violent blow.
- --FRANK HERBERT
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 12:25:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Just after Columbine, UPS (and fedEx, and others) declared it will NOT ship pistols by surface anymore- you MUST pay for them to send it Next Day Air or 2nd Day Air, because they are allegedly afraid of their esteemed employees stealing your stuff, even if it is sent to/from an FFL (only way to ship pistols (?) ). In other words, because UPS management (utter bastards, BTW, to their employees) doesn't feel like cleaning up their own house and throwing out criminal employees, you or the gun firm/shop has to spend more money to ship it in a shorter time, so as to not leave it in the pipeline for too long. Guess who pays for that in the end? We, the customers, do.

Jerks.

"If all Americans want is security, they can go to prison.  They'll
have enough to eat, a bed and a roof over their heads.  But if an
American wants to preserve his dignity and his equality as a human
being, he must not bow his neck to any dictatorial government."

Dwight D. Eisenhower
December 9, 1949
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 12:35:14 PM EDT
[#15]
I recently checked with Fedex about the overnight policy and they say it is not the case.  I use them extensively for business and personal and have had no problem shipping my pistols to dealers, gunsmiths, etc.  Most of my shipping does not involve guns, but when I have shipped one, I have gotten no flak from Fedex.
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 12:49:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Pepsi Co. is anti-gun? I am sitting here right now actually drinking a Pepsi. I usually buy Coca-Cola(are they anti-gun?), but Pepsi was on sale for $3.99 a case, where Coke was $5.99 a case. Should I've spent the $2.00 extra?
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 1:15:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
....but Pepsi was on sale for $3.99 a case, where Coke was $5.99 a case. Should I've spent the $2.00 extra?
View Quote

Sometimes you can avoid those anti-gun companies 100%.  Put the $2 toward an extra box of ammo, what the heck.  BUT when there is no sale, and when you have to buy a case of drinks, i.e. for family picnic etc, then consider whether they are anti-gun or not.
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 4:00:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Sorry guys been there done that.

Last year when I found out about Levi's and there anti gun activities I proceeded to try out over 10 different brands of jeans to try and find something new to wear. None of them fit me right. I tried everything from Harley Davidson to those super expensive brands that they sell in the malls with no luck. So until I settle down with some woman and don't have to impress the ladies when I go out. I will have to keep wearing Levi's. At least I tried. :(
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 5:41:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Dannon yogurt is a million moron march supporter.  Oh yeah, TARGET is so anti-gun, they even refuse to sell camo clothing or any related firearms or sporting goods.
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 8:22:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Target is privately-owned by the liberal anti-gun Dayton-Hudson family.  One of their members is millionaire Mark Dayton the new ultra-liberal gun-grabbing US senator from Minnesota.

I grew up near the original Target store.  When I was a small kid Target sold guns and even handguns.  Then they got rid of handguns.  Eventually when I was a teenager they got rid of long guns.  Next they eliminated BB guns (when I was in college).  They still sell violent rap music and lots of other pro-crime crap.  Target sucks.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 8:36:51 PM EDT
[#21]
We have 2 Liberal A-hole senaters here in MN, Dayton & Welstone. Hopefully Welstone will be voted out in 2002. He said he wouldn't run again when he was eleced last time. Now he's going back on that promise also.
Link Posted: 3/12/2001 9:26:42 PM EDT
[#22]
I know I was bummed about Levi's too.  But you know what Carhartt makes a pretty damn good pair of jeans, just as good as the liberal leaning Levi's brand.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top