Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2001 8:09:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 8:16:31 PM EDT
[#1]
You sure some of them aren't firecrackers and other pyrotechnics?  I'm listening to bottle rockets here.  

But you're right.  There are a bunch of morons with firearms out here too.
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 11:13:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 11:20:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Here in King Co., WA, there's all sorts of noise. A creep wanting to shoot a gun off has a pretty good chance of going undetected right about now. One of my nervous greyhounds is standing next to me, panting like she's run 3 sprint races, because she can't handle the noise. Wussy[>(]

I used to work in the downtown ER in Fresno, CA about 10 yrs ago, and every year we'd hear gunfire and security would find fired bullet shells on hospital grounds - shots fired at the hospital. I don't know what that ever accomplished.
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 11:29:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Not much gunfire here this year.Compared to previous years.Local media was really getting out the message this year about the harsh penalties.Oh well should give us responsible people some blanks.Damn I'm tanked and surprised I can spell.Have a great new YeaR ALL.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 6:26:04 AM EDT
[#5]
I was talking to a friend who is an outside tech for the phone company, he said about every newyear, they have to go up on the telephone poles and repair bullet holes in the cables.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 11:10:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I live a block outside of Detroit and it sounds like Kabul out there on New Years Eve. Every year I find bullets that have fallen from the sky. Found two last year, and will report back on how many I find today . . .

Oh, and that was me out there firing roman candles into the air . . . heh.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 1:26:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I live a block outside of Detroit and it sounds like Kabul out there on New Years Eve. Every year I find bullets that have fallen from the sky. Found two last year, and will report back on how many I find today . . .
View Quote

I'm several suburbs out and I can still hear it!

Only once have I ever fired a gun on NYE, and that was into the ground, and when my neighbors were away up north. Crazy. Every year someone gets shot. Once a bullet came down landing in the street only a few feet from me. I stay indoors now! heh
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top