Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2001 10:57:23 AM EDT
Anyone seen the previews to Enemy at the Gates ?  I just saw the previews on TV.  The movie starts March 15.  I believe the plot follows the WWII duel to the death of two of the greatest snipers in WWII,  set in the outskirts of Leningrad,  between Russian marksman Zietsev and German super sniper Koenig .  Looks like a really cool flick.
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 11:07:15 AM EDT
[#1]
This movie should be on the same level as Saving Private Ryan if they (the producers) did it right.
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 11:34:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Can we say "Saving Private Ryan" meets "High Noon" ??

Still there are no official records of the duel from either the German or Russian historians. Still we're seeing a combination of history and mythology in one great movie.
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 11:41:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I can't wait for the opening!!! It looks like a very good movie.

For those of you that have high speed connections, check out their web site.

[url]http://www.enemyatthegatesmovie.com[/url]

[sniper]
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 12:05:35 PM EDT
[#4]
The previews I've seen kick a$$.  I'm really excited about seeing it...you should see my nipples!  [;)]
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 2:27:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I just bought the 455 page book that accompanies the movie at Barnes & Noble($14). I'm trying to get it read before the movie opens on Friday. So far, Capter 5.

It is based on the 'Battle for STALINGRAD', which occured in 1942. A German assasin is sent to engage the Soviet Sniper. Family members of one of the shooters say the 'duel' never occured. I have been waiting for this movie since last Summer.

Another GREAT movie being released this year is 'Pearl Harbor'. So far the final cut is running 3 hours/20 minutes. I believe it is supposed to be released Memorial Day weekend.
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 2:40:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I just want to know which one bites it.
brian73
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 2:43:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh i forgot, my favorite line is when the german dude says "he's not dead....because I haven't killed him yet"  thats just cool.
brian 73
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 3:28:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Ended up catching a free preview of it thursday night...
Not too bad...
A little bit of romance (only her butt shows .. so no tits .. no frontal...)
Oh yeah.. tis about the Zietsev and ol whats his face ... the german...
Action is good .. and does get slow at time ...
Of course it is predictable (historical subject makes it so...)
Tis one for the DVD colelction...
The scope on the MN I have on an SKS...
Ted...
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 3:44:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I can't wait for this flick.  
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 3:51:59 PM EDT
[#10]
So what's the Pearl Harbor flick about?

Hehehe.
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 4:33:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Wobblin Goblin:
So what's the Pearl Harbor flick about?
View Quote

The cuban missle crisis.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top