Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
6/21/2017 8:25:40 PM
Posted: 12/29/2001 6:17:59 PM EDT
Okay....got a funny one to tell ya. Some of you know that my wife and I split up about 2 months ago and that our divorce is gonna be final in about 2 weeks. Well, all that is what it is...............a @^#*^#*&^@&% mess that will never be undone nor improved. Whats the word?.........oh yeah....Kaput! So, as I have decided that it would be assanine of me to mope about in a haze of teary-eyed depression, I thought I would try to get a date for New Years Eve and attempt to move on with my life. I tried that tonight. The lady I asked is someone I went to highschool with (thats about 20 years ago) and we have stayed in contact through church and by living in a small urban/rural area since that time. Very nice and very attractive woman. So, I get up the nerve to call her up.......we talk for a while about where her new house is.....how she has been doing....etc etc...blah blah blah and I lead up to asking her to dinner and a movie or something for Monday night. After a brief moment of silence she responds with [b]"Uh.........am I mistaken or are you not a married man?"[/b]..........man you coulda knocked me over with a feather.........she was speachless and I too for a moment. I think she thought........who would'nt....that I was trying to pick her up on the side..........doh! Stupid me assumed that because we went to the same church and the same Wal-Mart that she must also know about my relationship going sour. This really made me feel good because divorce has such a stigma attached to it and mine is rather ugly..........but it was a releif to know that not everyone even gave a crap or knew. Not sure about Monday night wit her but she did say she'd like to get together later next week-end. Cool! Wish me luck guys as like I said.......this dating thing is gona be sooooooooooooo weird.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 6:22:15 PM EDT
For me it really sucked being single the second time, but I eventually did find the right woman and I thank God every day for her and for my divorce!
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 6:25:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 6:29:09 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 6:33:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 6:34:57 PM EDT
Hah........thanks guys. Yeah..........she is a real cool lady.........and she has scrupples. Always thought she was nice but our paths never took "that" route. More later....................
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 7:22:28 PM EDT
Originally Posted By X--Kill: ...and she has scrupples.
View Quote
I think penicillin wil take care of that. [;)]
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 7:46:52 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 8:05:18 PM EDT
Gee, I wonder what internet web-site she's talkin' about *you* on? [:P]
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 8:14:01 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 8:15:02 PM EDT
Gee, I'm still looking for my first one.... I'm 24 and I don't have a girlfriend!! AAAAG!!! [whacko]
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 8:18:00 PM EDT
I'll second the notion on runnning away if she has kids. Let me share a little anecdote, if you'll alow me: It was about a year ago this day when I first moved out of mothers house. Kinda puts this all in perspective, eh. [):)] NSF
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 8:26:58 PM EDT
Top Top