Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2001 11:31:51 AM EDT
Hi all- It's now day 5 of semi-continuous snow. All is well for those who are survivors- like myself.   At present, where there is no drifting the snow depth in my backyard and in the street in front of my house is about 48"  We have not seen a plow for over 48 hours now and probably won't till it quits snowing.  I have about run out of room to shoot snow with the snowblower.  Would any of you guys/gals like me to e-mail you some???  Anyone else out there in Buffalo??  [beer]
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 11:35:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Email me when you have 7 days continuous, and 6'.

Michigan, where men are men....and so are half the women.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 11:37:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Checking in from South Carolina....

Its 50 degrees and sunny here.

[}:D]

Link Posted: 12/28/2001 11:46:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Anyone else out there in Buffalo??  [beer]
View Quote

I'm about 200 miles down "the coast" from you, here in the Cleveland area.  The winds saved us this time, but it looks like you guys got hammered.  We'll likely get it next time when the wind comes from the north instead of the west.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 11:46:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I wish we could just get a foot of snow. I think it snowed once last year, still waiting for some this year though.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 11:57:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Winter Weather is hitting hard in Phoenix, AZ. too.

It was partly cloudly and 66 degrees today.

BRRRRRRR !!!!!

Link Posted: 12/28/2001 11:58:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hi all- It's now day 5 of semi-continuous snow. All is well for those who are survivors- like myself.   At present, where there is no drifting the snow depth in my backyard and in the street in front of my house is about 48"  
Would any of you guys/gals like me to e-mail you some???  Anyone else out there in Buffalo??[beer]
View Quote

My friends are going to Lake Tahoe, No. Calif to see snow for vacation.  YIKES!

I would like some.  Do you have a DSL/ISDN/cable modem line? I think to transfer(beam-over) that much snow its going to take awhile.  I am stuck on a 56K voice grade line.

This would be the perfect oppurtunity to learn how to reload ammo for the spring/summer/fall shooting.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 12:00:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm jealous! I love snow and we just don't get enough where I live.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 12:01:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Gosh, it is FREEZING here in Florida.  I mean, it only got up to about 65 degrees today!

Ok, so we don't get snow, but you guys don't get hurricanes very often, either......

Link Posted: 12/28/2001 12:22:20 PM EDT
[#9]
"Email me when you have 7 days continuous, and 6'."

The official report is 6' in 5 days for Buffalo - and it hasn't stopped yet.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 1:33:26 PM EDT
[#10]
[img]http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/halfcocked/gril.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 1:39:36 PM EDT
[#11]
You guys can HAVE all that snow!!!  A little is fun, but when it's that deep, it sucks. BTW, it just finally got "cold" here for the first time this year. High was about 36 today. We'll have snow of our own soon enough.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 1:41:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Hi all- It's now day 5 of semi-continuous snow. All is well for those who are survivors- like myself.   At present, where there is no drifting the snow depth in my backyard and in the street in front of my house is about 48"  We have not seen a plow for over 48 hours now and probably won't till it quits snowing.  I have about run out of room to shoot snow with the snowblower.  Would any of you guys/gals like me to e-mail you some???  Anyone else out there in Buffalo??  [beer]
View Quote

Heard on Fox news last night you folks had already broken the one month snow fall record.
That's the "all time" record.
Somehow I don't think I should say congratulations !
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 1:52:02 PM EDT
[#13]
All I can say is , wish I was there, Yeah, I know, people tell me I'm nuts, but I like the snow.   I just don't like to scoop it.  It keeps the weenies off the streets.  Take care.  See you in May!  Maybe.  It was about 40' today in Nebraska. !!   very little snow all season.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 2:06:34 PM EDT
[#14]
I lived 7yr in E Amherst, Transit & Casey Rds. Worked at Northtown Toyota '86-88, and Culligan Toyota, Late '88-92.

People don't realize the Buffalo in general for snow is not that bad outside the snow-line. It is roughly in the area of the Buffalo airport to the north, and don't recall how far south.
If you live in line (east) of Lake Erie, LOOK OUT, lake effect!!! Makes for great snowmobiling
though.  Remember a # of years back, the Mayor got blasted for his comment, something to the effect of--" stay home and have a six pack".
buffman, where you at in Buffalo?
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 2:12:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Sunny and 60+ here in Arkansas. Go ahead and send some snow, we can slag it down in short order.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 4:29:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Hey SBR7_11--  The West Seneca/Cheektowaga town line area.  By the way, the NWS at the Buffalo Airport says we now have 80" of snow since Christmas eve- And I bought a few Toyotas at Northtown- fine guys those Schreibers- I know Irv very well.  Worked for him for 10+ years. [beer]
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 4:31:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 4:36:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Buffman:

I'm over here in the Clarence area... I'm sick of shoveling. I bought the last and the biggest snowblower at Sears Thursday, and I can't even get in there to pick it up because the mall is closed. I'm seriously pissed!

I also missed a couple of days work because of it... funny that it was all green until December 23.

FITTER out
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 7:36:11 PM EDT
[#19]
I thought Eastern Hills never closed. When we got missplaced there in E Amherst, the first snow, my dad and I hit that small hardware on Maple? there a bit behind the K-mart. Bought an 8hp TORO, 3 forward/1 reverse. Never let us down. First snow, seems like blowers and shovels became extinct.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 8:58:18 PM EDT
[#20]
I have'nt touched a shovel yet this year. In sunny Rachacha we went to the range today and unloaded major ammo. I called my great aunt- she lives off of South Park- she's 88 and snowbound. Lots of good neighbors to help her though. You frontiersmen love this, and we know it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 5:26:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top