Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 5:01:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought so.
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 5:17:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Those resonsible for the cover up should be rounded up and shot, but of course, they'll get a slap on the rist. Disgusting.

Death to Mall Ninjas!  [sniper]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 5:52:48 AM EDT
[#3]
A reader's guide to the Columbine report:

[url]http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2000/05/17/guide/?CP=YAH&DN=11%0A0[/url]

The complete report (totaling 575 megs):
[url]http://www.salon.com/news/special/columbine_report/index.html[/url]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 6:53:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Nah, facts aren't going to change anyone's mind!

[:P]
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 1:34:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Gov. Bill Owens calling for a Grand Jury investigation.

Wonder why that is????!!!!

DaMan  
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 2:13:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, politicians only do things for the *purest* of motives.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 2:16:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Gov. Bill Owens calling for a Grand Jury investigation.

Wonder why that is????!!!!

DaMan  
View Quote

He thinks it's the politically correct thing to do.

He can call all he wants, but he has no power to actually get the job done, and those who do have the power, say there's no reason to to convene a grand jury.

Jay
Arizona
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 2:55:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm not a cop, and certainly not a tactical expert, but my eyes don't lie.

I saw a bloody, gun shot high school student flopping out of the second story window of his school. SWAT guys all over the place, outside the school well before that even occured. Clearly kids were, at best being shot and wounded inside, at worst being slaughtered.

As I remember it was literally hours before the first entry team entered the building, despite absolutely every indication that kids were being murdered on a massive scale.

From my humble, self admitted novice viewpoint, I would have expected MUCH better from ANY police departments SWAT team. Exactly what needs to occure before a brave and rapid effort is made to stop mass murder? What is the whole point of having a SWAT team that circles a building as people are being shot and blown up? I realize officer safety is a consideration in many instances, however in THIS situation the safety of the kids should have FAR out weighed department "policy".

Remember the Secret Service officer that dove and took a bullet for President Reagan? That's exactly the level of devotion to public safety, if demanded, that EVERY citizen who pays taxes should demand from someone who CHOSES to be on a tactical response team.

I realize department regulations and the chain of command dictate officer actions. That doesn't mean that by all appearances that particular SWAT team and their bosses looked and acted like a bunch of cowards all dressed up for a fight they were unwilling/affraid to engage, despite having the training/equipment/weapons to take on just about any threat. If you've got it, use it. Don't take on a life and death protecting role if your unwilling or unable to carry it out. Period. Put up a "Help Wanted" sign and hire guys that WILL put it on the line, whether it be new command or new operators.

Link Posted: 1/4/2002 3:01:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm not a cop, and certainly not a tactical expert, but my eyes don't lie.

I saw a bloody, gun shot high school student flopping out of the second story window of his school.
View Quote

The only kid I saw come out of a 2nd floor window was the one rescued by the ninja's using the armored car, which I might add had all the Loomis Armored decals all covered up with card board and duct tape:

Someone explain to me why someone (Loomis, the ninja's, etc.) went through the trouble to do that before putting the truck into action.

That always has bothered me.

Jay
Arizona
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 3:16:16 PM EDT
[#10]
To me the far more important question is why didn't SWAT immediately begin a tactical room clearing action at the first sign of the mass murdering of children?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't SWAT stand for Special Weapons And Tactics, not Sit, Wait, And Theorize?

Planning and readiness for that type of situation, being a school or otherwise should occure LONG before the real bullets fly.

Could you imagine if a gas main broke, burst a school full of kids in to an inferno, while the fire department with all it's fire fighting tools circled the building doing nothing until the fire was out? Neither can I.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 3:16:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
He thinks it's the politically correct thing to do.

He can call all he wants, but he has no power to actually get the job done, and those who do have the power, say there's no reason to to convene a grand jury.

Jay
Arizona
View Quote

Oh, I think if the Governor is calling for a Grand Jury investigation he'll get it!

The problem with Sheriff Anderson's independent investigation is his folks don't have subpoena power. He can't force testimony from participants. Only voluntary statements.  Voluntary statements are extremely hard to come by from the parties involved. DOn't understand that.... think they'd like to clear up the matter! [:P]  
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 3:45:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Planning and readiness for that type of situation, being a school or otherwise should occure LONG before the real bullets fly.

Could you imagine if a gas main broke, burst a school full of kids in to an inferno, while the fire department with all it's fire fighting tools circled the building doing nothing until the fire was out? Neither can I.
View Quote

M4... Good post!  Good question!

DaMan
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 4:15:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
[size=6]par·a·noi·a[/size=6] [pèrr nóy  ] noun

1.  distrust:  extreme and unreasonable suspicion of other people and their motives

2.  PSYCHIATRY psychiatric disorder:  a psychiatric disorder involving systematized delusion, usually of persecution

[Early 19th century. From Greek, "unreason," literally "out of one's mind," from nous "mind."]
View Quote

Takes a verb to kill.
[smoke]
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 4:20:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 4:40:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
AZCOP: "If you read the actual Columbine Report, and not a news report, O'Shea didn't arrive on scene until after Rohrbough was already dead on the ground."

-Gee, you don't think the "official" report would ever be amiss do you?

quote]

I get tired of insinuations that any official police report is a coverup. If you have proof to that fact, then post it. Otherwise, remain silent with  that sort of inuendo and insinuations.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 4:47:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Ok, AZCOP you are getting damn insulting.

We pay taxes, we pay your saleries, so we get to criticize what you LEO's do, PERIOD. You dont like it, get out of the damn job.

And to use that fucking "were you there argument" is real bull shit- its physically impossible for us all to be everywhere all the time but we still all face the danger of being killed by a LEO's "mistake".

Why cant they just say "we accidentally shot the kid" or even "we may have shot the kid, but the evidence is such we cant be 100% certain" and then try to figure out what went wrong and fix the problem??

And why is it that NON-Leos have to complain at all?  If LEO's are true professionals they should be the FIRST to point out what other LEOs' do wrong and be LEADING the movement to have changes made or individuals removed...
View Quote

I find it exteremely irritating that you ( not just you, but other folks as well) feel empowered to spread hateful and misleading gossip, which is all this is, because you are a taxpayer. Well guess what...so am I....and every other officer that posts here.

Sure, feel free to post information and SPECULATE ( which is all it is anyway) about any number of LEO topics. But do us a favor and stop thinking that somehow just because you pay taxes that that gives you the right to make unwarrented criticism of any public sector employee, from some presumed possition of superiority, which your attitude appears to reflect. You're just another taxpayer of no special significance in the big picture. I am sure that if you are that unhappy with officers, any LEO in your jurisdiction will be happy to refund you .10, which is most likely your share of his or her salary.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 4:54:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I have a serious question to ask.

Is it FACT that the only BGs at the Columbine shootings were DEAD by the time the LEOs showed up?

If this is so, WHAT THREAT WERE THE OFFICERS RETURNING FIRE AT WHILE THE WOUNDED WERE BEING CARRIED OFF?

What the hell were they shooting at?

Doesn't something smell rotten in Den...

Edited for punctuation.
View Quote

The BG's were very much alive when the SRO returned to the school and engaged the shooters from a  distance of some 70 yards.
The BG's were very much alive when the first responding officers formed an ad hoc entry team, comandered a piece of heavy equipment and gained entry to the school, engaging the shooters in the process.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 4:58:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
This is the part where all the "jack booted thugs of law enforcment" harp on their fighting crime and protecting us from ourselves and all that crap.  
But, why did this one dumbass fire 51 rounds while the other 300 doughnut eating thugs only get off 50 or so rounds and manage to not kill or rescue anybody for HOURS, the by ALL accounts they left a living, breathing wounded man to die and forced his rescuers to abandon him. By all reports they walked around his injured body calling him dead, until finnally he actually died from COP maltreatment.

I am sick of everytime somebody questions a law enforcment action on this forum, all LEO's make like they are never wrong.  Fact is in this case they acted and looked STUPID on national TV.  

I could do better and have, I have stepped up and stopped an armed criminal , aided in a rescue of a dying accident victum(who lived because of action).  A little effort by 300 "well trained" armed men against two punks would have been useful, watching them wander around posing and pointing guns at the building for the TV news was pitiful.  Leaving that kids body laying for all to see for hours when he was an easy rescue or recovery was sickening.  Lets hear again why this piss poor example of protecting and serving was so stellar, please.
View Quote

Pardon us for not supplying you with Bruce Willis- Sylvester Stallone-Arnie Schwarzenegger levels of gunplay. Sorry to bore you so much. Must be great being able to Monday Morning Quarterback from your keyboard. I am willing to bet that if you had been there that day, you'd most likely be dead or scrapping the mess out of your shorts.
Your post is so full of misinformation about what happened, it's not funny.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 5:46:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

You don't know how right you are:

One the the propane bombs that did go off in the H.S. was positioned next to this massive natural gas supply line.

I swear, the thing was big enough to supply all of Denver with natural gas:
If I recall right, it was about 18-24 inches.

Luckily, the bomb didn't do any real damage to speak of.

Jay
Arizona  
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 5:51:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok, AZCOP you are getting damn insulting.

We pay taxes, we pay your saleries, so we get to criticize what you LEO's do, PERIOD. You dont like it, get out of the damn job.

And to use that fucking "were you there argument" is real bull shit- its physically impossible for us all to be everywhere all the time but we still all face the danger of being killed by a LEO's "mistake".

Why cant they just say "we accidentally shot the kid" or even "we may have shot the kid, but the evidence is such we cant be 100% certain" and then try to figure out what went wrong and fix the problem??

And why is it that NON-Leos have to complain at all?  If LEO's are true professionals they should be the FIRST to point out what other LEOs' do wrong and be LEADING the movement to have changes made or individuals removed...
View Quote

I find it exteremely irritating that you ( not just you, but other folks as well) feel empowered to spread hateful and misleading gossip, which is all this is, because you are a taxpayer. Well guess what...so am I....and every other officer that posts here.

Sure, feel free to post information and SPECULATE ( which is all it is anyway) about any number of LEO topics. But do us a favor and stop thinking that somehow just because you pay taxes that that gives you the right to make unwarrented criticism of any public sector employee, from some presumed possition of superiority, which your attitude appears to reflect. You're just another taxpayer of no special significance in the big picture. I am sure that if you are that unhappy with officers, any LEO in your jurisdiction will be happy to refund you .10, which is most likely your share of his or her salary.
View Quote

Hey, I just looked at my pay check, and damm:
If it isn't signed by ArmdLbrl. [:)]

Jay
Arizona
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 5:20:33 PM EDT
[#21]
The news today reported that there also might be a seldom employed "Coroner's Inquiry".  

Seems there are quite a few who think there's a "smoking gun" and not buying the "Official Report"!

DaMan

PS - According to Colorado Revised Statutes, the county coroner can order the arrest of the sheriff.  Not saying this will happen, but that power is in the statutes.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top