Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2001 3:41:17 PM EDT
I was looking for four high quality M-7 bayonets and wanted the best quality. So I ordered a new Made in the USA, USGI M-7 and a Eickhorn-Solingen, German Made M-7 stamped Colt. So I have both knives in front me and the differences are as follows:

First, the US version has screws to hold on the grips and the German version appear attached either via glue or by the base of the knife. The German grips fit nice and tight, the US grips have a gap. Second, the German blade has no tooling marks and the US blade is corrigated with tooling marks down the face. Third, the US version has the base welded on and the German base is held in place by a hex screw.

These bayonets are both new. The German unit was $4 more. I tested them both by cutting a thick magazines and the German unit had a sharper blade. The German bayonet appears better made. Why then do I read bylines for M-7 stating "Made in the USA, not a cheap German imitation".  Am I missing something?
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 3:45:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top