Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2001 8:23:52 PM EDT
I was thinking for a moment what it would be like to view the world, particularly violent crime, from a womans eyes. Now I'm not on a crusade to embrace my feminine side or anything like that. I'm just trying to look at things from the angle women do regarding this subject.

What do you think your view of the world would be like if the "other" gender was pretty much responsible for the vast majority of violent crime?

Most of the rapes, assaults, roberies and murders are obviously commited by men. If I were a woman, I'm not exactly sure how I'd view men in society. As a guy, I can walk down most streets in this country, even most of the seedy ones, and be fairly confident of my safety. I have the skill and physical size and strength to make me a pretty undesirable target. Women however, for the most part are almost all easily victimized by most men.

Now I realize there's exceptions, and some women are proficient with handguns or self defense. I'm not talking about them. I'm talking about women like our average mothers and sisters or daughters. Women without any formal training, which is most of them.

How do you think your perceptions of random men would be if you were a woman? As a man, how do you or would you address these issues with the women you love?

I have personally lost an aunt to violence. She was murdered by a couple of bikers in Florida. They shot her repeatedly with a 12 guage and a .357, becasue she "disgraced" one of them when she slapped him in the face in a bar after he grabbed her ass. I had the displeasure of sitting in a courtroom with the "people" responsible. I don't think the guys involved would have been able to have dragged me outside. I might have gotten a good beating, but as far as being stuffed in to a trunk, I don't think so.

What are your thoughts on this subject? Do you think women should look at all random men as potential criminals?
Link Posted: 3/10/2001 10:40:27 PM EDT
[#1]
no all random men should never be treated as potential criminals, once a person has that mind set they loss thier freedom of living a happy life. yes you should be aware of your surroundings & of people around but not to the point where you only feel safe living in a glass bubble. thats the exact thing criminals want. i'm sorry for the death of your aunt but to fall into that liberal think is just wrong, instead of running & hiding from today problems we should teach & train people had to deal with them. a good example would be conceal carry for everyone in all states. it's been proving that criminals will think twice about commiting a crime when they know a possible victim is armed. (sorry if this rant got alittle off your subject)
Link Posted: 3/10/2001 11:47:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I am viewed with contempt and suspicion by both males and females.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top