Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2001 7:45:52 PM EDT
I watched "The Way of the Gun" last weekend and it rocked. Team tactics and movement from the badguy stars, reloads, a Galil .223 set up for sniper then CQB, a shotgun in a tac sling, body armor, 1911's, barbaric torture and medical procedures.

See it when your wife is out.

Anyone else like it?  Wasn't perfect, but movies (and real life even) never are.

Gimme your thoughts on this flic.  Tactics, weapons, etc.

I enjoyed the heck out of it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2001 8:16:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/10/2001 9:47:02 PM EDT
[#2]
 Watch the cover and move and room to room tactics.
 Watch the hand movements with the .45 and reloads.
  And do not forget the rolling block with the cars in the alley.  lots of shooting and guns, the shotgun guy has it figured out, with accurat ammo and reloads....not a bad flick and yes LEAVE the wife and kids in the other room.
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 5:17:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I got the movie because it was done by the director of "The Usual Suspects", which was one of the most original and best films of the year. This one was a waste of my $3.99. I've seen better film on cocoa.
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 5:28:33 AM EDT
[#4]
It was nice to see some thought given to tactics. I liked the scene where James Caan and one of the kidnappers were chatting away in the bar...
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 5:55:21 AM EDT
[#5]
The technical tactical advice was gived by an active SEAL
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 7:35:46 AM EDT
[#6]
I really enjoyed it... was interested enough to rent it because of the director's past credits as well as Benicio del Torro's involvement - that man rocks!  I liked the discussions of strategy and psychology.. "Bag men can't ever be trusted."  The c-section scene actually made me nauseous, though.  

Another really great movie out with Benicio is Snatch.  Anyone with an appreciation for dry English humor will enjoy that movie and Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (same director, Guy Ritchie).
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 9:48:01 AM EDT
[#7]
The gun handling was indeed excellent. Benicio even cleared a shotgun jam at the clinic shootout.

So what was up with the rolling block in the alley? I haven't seen that before. What's the theory, one guy jumps out and ambushes while the lead car slowly rolls forward? Why is the lead car moving slowly?
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 10:28:48 AM EDT
[#8]
"Why is the lead car moving slowly?"

Simple... better shot if your target is also moving slowly.  Plus the shooter can run to catch up with the lead car for his get-away.
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 11:03:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Dittos to most of the above comments.

The tactics were great to see.  The actors were well chosen for these characters.  Some of the guns were well chosen but as above stated - 3 mags for the Galil no way!!  The constant mag changes with the 1911 .45's was severely annoying to me but hey I am a Glock man (15+rds. makes me [:D]) As for the story, I wish they'd have come up with something better.

The Usual Suspects is my favorite movie for sure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top