Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2001 6:10:24 PM EDT
Some recent discussions on political action and marketing have caught my eye. AR15 needs a marketing project for its members to undertake.

I am a Flash designer and I suspect that there are some others out here that are as well. we should establish a volunteer project to create Flash multimedia ad presentations. I

I really like Oleg Volk's photos of GenX provocateur style. Edgy. Go for the chick vote. Soccer mom's run da' show. They are also one of the web's biggest demographic.

AR15.com is in a prime position in the market to do some big things, but Goatster can't do it all.

I will need help in coordinating the production of said Flash movies. We also need graphics, ad copy ideas, music?, soundtrack editing/music, and God please tell me there are other Flash developers out here.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 6:13:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I have no idea what you just said.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 6:22:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Geek speek.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 6:24:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been known to flash people.  Does that help?

[):)]
NSF
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 6:30:02 PM EDT
[#4]
It's Greek to me.  I'd support it and endorse it if you did it, but I don't have the knowledge or the expertise to attempt such an undertaking.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 6:38:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Well we need good ad ideas for pro gun messages targeted to women. Realize that there are lots of different women age groups who each have interests and concerns.

Check out Oleg Volk's work for some ideas. [url]http://www.a-human-right.com[/url]

Flash is the movie stuff you see on some websites. Music, animation, etc...

Link Posted: 12/26/2001 6:44:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I have some old flash qubes from those old 110 cameras from the '70s [:)]

Seriously the most I could do is get some pics together of some kids/ mothers and children I know shooting/ participating at fish and game club. Providing that they would go for it.

I can program in Basic:

10 print "what is your name?"
20 input name$
30 print "hello " name$

Link Posted: 12/26/2001 8:04:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Well,

I'm a video producer/editor, and can do both 2d and 3d animation....if I can be of help let me know.

Bulldog OUT
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 8:10:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Although I have no Flash experience, I can offer some ftp space on a server if you need a place to share files.

Also, if you need help with web design let me know. It's been  awhile, but I still have Photoshop 6 and Netobjects 5 kicking around.

Av.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 8:15:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Ben...thats some Baaad Juju you got on your sig pic.  Scares the hell out of me.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 6:47:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Ben...thats some Baaad Juju you got on your sig pic.  Scares the hell out of me.  
View Quote

Thanks.... I thought it was pretty cool. Got my mojo bag...

[X]
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 6:52:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Please be sure you get the blessings of AR15.COM to use their name for marketing purposes, [u]before[/u] you begin this project...
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 6:53:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Please be sure you get the blessings of AR15.COM to use their name for marketing purposes, [u]before[/u] you begin this project...
View Quote

I hear what your are saying TIm, but the only thing I am selling is the Second Amendment and this site (which should be of interest to GB). I will run all media through GB before release.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 1:51:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I have no womenz, no money, and no life. How can I help out?
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 2:14:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have no womenz, no money, and no life. How can I help out?
View Quote

Are you Photoshop, Illustrator, or Macromedia Flash literate?

Come up with some good pro-gun commercial ideas. Really stark, powerful messages targeted to women. Along the same lines of Oleg Volk's work.

I need ideas.

Link Posted: 12/27/2001 3:30:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quite frankly, I'm so computer illiterate, I don't even know what you're talking about!

Eric The(ButOtherwiseItSoundsGood!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 4:06:13 PM EDT
[#16]
I can do some basic PASCAL programming. I made a [b]C[/b] in the class. If you need me to code a little spreadsheet or a program to catalog names along with the corresponding number they were entered in the system I could probably hammer one out in two or three weeks for ya!

Let me know if I could be of help[:)]

(edited cause I forgot what class I just took[%|])
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 5:54:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Great Concept...

I'll toss in the hosting !

[url]web-comm.com[/url]
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 12:23:51 AM EDT
[#18]
I got a book on how to do pics.
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 5:16:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Great idea Ben!

I had been thinking of doing something similar for awhile, but do not have the time. I would be glad to contribute anyway possible though.

For those that do not know what he is talking about, check out some of the flash animations over on the TFL boards. Sort of a photo essay of why we shoot and love the sport we do would be a good start?

Also, if you are going to the convention next spring, I think that would be a very good source of "home grown" material.

I will start thinking of ideas, themes etc to submit.

Later

IAJack
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 7:36:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 12:11:16 PM EDT
[#21]
I have exchanged some emails with Oleg Volk and he is behind the project too. At this point I am trying to come up sith some SIMPLE, stark, but very explosive ads to run in the 15 second timeframe. Sketched out a couple of storyboards for ideas at work but nothing is clicking yet. Reminds me of my days subbing for ad agencies.

Link Posted: 12/29/2001 3:32:21 PM EDT
[#22]
i can bitch about it [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top