Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 7:34:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:Sad news, my prayers go out to his family.

Wish he would have got on the board and talked to someone....  [:(]
View Quote

That's just the thing. Many males (me included) usually don't talk about their problems with others. Sometimes it just gathers all up inside, and for some people it can just get to be too much and they go over the edge.

My prayers go out to BrianCav's family.

Robby
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 7:37:04 AM EDT
[#2]
 I'm still trying to believe all this - I knew two girls in high school who killed themselves......one unwillingly - who was a passenger in car with her best friend driving - who wanted to die......I don't understand what exactly it is that makes certain people give up on everything - everyone gets depressed but suicide is no answer. Striker said it best "a permanent solution to temporary problems". My deepest sympathies go out to his family and friends.....hopefully he has gone on to a better place.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 7:43:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 7:45:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 8:40:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for doing that, Beekeeper.
Damn, this is depressing.
Funny; we spend so much time throwing stones at each other, and forget that in the larger scheme of things, it's "us" against "them".  And we just lost one of "us".
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 10:45:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 12:09:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Man, what terrible news.  I will pray for his family.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 12:11:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm sorry he is gone.
I only knew him from the group, but he was smart and funny here.

Is there any hard evidence this wasn't an accident? As much fun as the fun rifles are, they really would not be a top choice for anyone who knows jack about guns to end it. The use of an AK, when we know he was gun smart, would lead me to think accident in the absence of a note or statements to friends.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 2:22:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Sharon Dane, who is Brian's sister wrote me an email that she wanted me to forward to all of you.

I have been being nosy and reading the posts about Brian - I am his sister

Please pass on to the board that his family is very comforted by the posts that show how many people cared about him.  His service will be in Lakeville, CT  on Mon. Jan. 7 at 11:00am at St. Mary's Church.  Please pass this on as I can not figure out how to post on that board.

Thanks

Sharon Dane RN
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/27/2001 3:27:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Terrible news.
My best wishes to the familly.

God bless.
Link Posted: 12/27/2001 4:16:47 PM EDT
[#11]
That,s so sad.  He had so much of life ahead of him.  My heart goes out to him and his family. He will be in my prayers.  [:(]
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 6:00:16 AM EDT
[#12]
God rest his troubled soul [V]
Suicide is such a selfish act [V] . Now his family must deal with it all [V] .
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 9:24:49 AM EDT
[#13]
What a tragedy. My deepest sympathies to his family.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 11:33:29 AM EDT
[#14]
my feelings are with the family...My father committed suicide when i was ten it was with a marlin model 60... everyone was home ..we know why he did it but that is a private matter...I feel so sorry for all the pain this will have caused his family.........
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 12:51:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 1:29:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 11:40:42 PM EDT
[#17]
My thoughts and prayers are with the family.
Link Posted: 12/28/2001 11:46:36 PM EDT
[#18]
[V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][V][?]
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 6:57:57 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm speechless... [:O]
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 10:11:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Having lost a child 7 years ago (age 13) myself I know the pain his family is going through. My thoughts are with them. Losing a child is one of the most unnatural things a person may have to face. Burying a child is not normal. Words cannot describe the feeling.
Gerry  
Link Posted: 12/29/2001 2:18:02 PM EDT
[#21]
I don't know who he was being new to this site. If someone would post or E-Mail his address to me I would like to send a card to his family ASAP. Thank you [:-(]
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 2:02:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
God rest his troubled soul [V]
Suicide is such a selfish act [V] . Now his family must deal with it all [V] .
View Quote

I am certain the family will find comfort in your kind words.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 2:32:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Sorry to hear of the bad news. I am sure his family and friends will really miss him.
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 2:41:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/30/2001 3:57:22 PM EDT
[#25]
This is really horrible.  I can't describe how I feel about it.  I am very sorry for his family and friends.  My sincere sympathies.
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 9:23:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Horrible.  May he rest in peace.[:(]
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 10:10:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Chimborazo:
View Quote

Yes, it is.

That makes three of us (That I know of) this year.

Laisseraim (Mark Penmen, AKA laissezfirearm - http://www.no-treason.com/laissezfirearm/) affected me greatly, and I truly miss him. What a waste,,,, what an awful waste. I'll not judge him, it's not my job, but what a terrible friggin waste!

"But the third sister, who is also the youngest! Hush! Whisper whilst we talk of her! Her kingdom is not large, or else no flesh should live; but within that kingdom all power is hers. Her head, turreted like that of Cybele, rises almost beyond the reach of sight. She droops not, and her eyes rising so high might be hidden by distance. But, being what they are, they cannot be hidden; through the treble veil of crepe which she wears, the fierce light of a blazing misery, that rests not for matins nor for vespers, for noon of day or noon of night, for ebbing or for flowing tide, may be read from the very ground. She is the defier of God. She is also the mother of lunacies and the suggestress of suicides. Deep lie the roots of her power, but narrow is the nation she rules. For she can approach only those in whom a profound nature has been unheaved by central convulsions, in whom the heart trembles and the brain rocks under conspiracies of tempest from without and tempest from within. Madonna moves with uncertain steps, fast or slow, but still with tragic grace. Our Lady of Sighs creeps timidly and stealthily. But this youngest sister moves with incalculable motions, bounding, and with a tiger's leaps; She carries no key, for though coming rarely amongst men, she storms all doors at which she is permitted to enter at all."

--- Suspiria de Profundis

--- LF (Mark)
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 11:06:01 PM EDT
[#28]
When I first read this it suprised me. BrianCav is a regular poster on FSN (Florida Shooter's Network) and I just missed meeting him. During the last South Florida Shoot he was on the West Coast of Florida and couldn't come. i unfortunately missed the shoot also (Car Overheated.) I was hoping to meet him at the next shoot. But, the other day I read that he killed himself.

I can't figure it out. Prior to that he was laughing it up on FSN. Posting jokes and everything. I don't know what possessed him to kill himself. But, I do know he would get drunk sometimes. It makes me wonder if he was sober and if it was possibly an accident.

Whatever it is. My Condolences to his family.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 10:18:44 PM EDT
[#29]
my best  his family.

Zaz
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 11:40:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Chimborazo:
View Quote

Yes, it is.

That makes three of us (That I know of) this year.

Laisseraim (Mark Penmen, AKA laissezfirearm - [url]http://www.no-treason.com/laissezfirearm/[/url]) affected me greatly, and I truly miss him. What a waste,,,, what an awful waste. I'll not judge him, it's not my job, but what a terrible friggin waste!

"But the third sister, who is also the youngest! Hush! Whisper whilst we talk of her! Her kingdom is not large, or else no flesh should live; but within that kingdom all power is hers. Her head, turreted like that of Cybele, rises almost beyond the reach of sight. She droops not, and her eyes rising so high might be hidden by distance. But, being what they are, they cannot be hidden; through the treble veil of crepe which she wears, the fierce light of a blazing misery, that rests not for matins nor for vespers, for noon of day or noon of night, for ebbing or for flowing tide, may be read from the very ground. She is the defier of God. She is also the mother of lunacies and the suggestress of suicides. Deep lie the roots of her power, but narrow is the nation she rules. For she can approach only those in whom a profound nature has been unheaved by central convulsions, in whom the heart trembles and the brain rocks under conspiracies of tempest from without and tempest from within. Madonna moves with uncertain steps, fast or slow, but still with tragic grace. Our Lady of Sighs creeps timidly and stealthily. But this youngest sister moves with incalculable motions, bounding, and with a tiger's leaps; She carries no key, for though coming rarely amongst men, she storms all doors at which she is permitted to enter at all."

--- Suspiria de Profundis

--- LF (Mark)
View Quote

Thanks for the link, 1
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 5:44:38 PM EDT
[#31]
The tremendous amount of hopelessness that one goes through before committing suicide must be unbearable.  I pray for Brian and his family.  My beliefs tell me that he is in a better place and that this path was just too much for him to deal with.  God does not, IMHO, look down on those who can't fullfill their mission.  Brian is still with us, and will again choose his assignmen.  

Much love & prayers for him and his family.  All is well in the long run, but it sucks for the moment.

ARnSC
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 8:13:55 AM EDT
[#32]
My regrets and sympathy to his family. Did he have children of a significant other?
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 1:51:35 PM EDT
[#33]
May God rest his (hopefully formerly) troubled soul.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 10:44:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Hopefully God will understand.  And forgive.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 9:53:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Hey guys, I went and saw Brian's parents this morning. Mr. Cavanaugh and his wife, expressed there gratitude for all of your kind words and thoughts. They have been browsing the boards and were uplifted to know that so many loved Brian, even folks who had never met him. Thanks again to everyone.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top