User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/30/2008 11:31:22 AM EDT
[#1]
If Oxy's are pulling $80, Methadone must by hella spendy
Link Posted: 12/30/2008 11:31:25 AM EDT
[#2]
What would the street value be on a 100 mcg fentanyl patch?  I only have about ten of the damn things left over from my last back surgery.

Forgot, I also have mess of 60 mg MS Contin from the same surgery.  

I think it is time to dispose of the above.  They are about two years past the expiration dates on them.  Anyone know how to legally dispose of old meds?
Link Posted: 12/30/2008 11:33:04 AM EDT
[#3]
tag
Link Posted: 12/30/2008 11:35:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
what sucker pays $80 for oxy?
Street value is $5-10 per depending on dose

No it isn't. That's a lortab/hydrocodone. I know for a fact $80 is the going street price for oxycontin.

I know for a fact that is is not. Oxy's go for at the very most $25 per pill, depending on mg. I have worked with people in rehab addicted to the stuff. If someone is paying that much then they are an idiot.
Link Posted: 12/30/2008 11:38:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If Oxy's are pulling $80, Methadone must by hella spendy

Not really, its much easier to get and harder to get high on, but it does last longer.  I had a college roomate that went to the clinics.  It is a terrible world.
Link Posted: 12/30/2008 11:42:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Too funny , you guys all calling each other full of shit when talking about a completely black market.....

There is no set price , People pay whatever they will pay .... It could very easily be $35 each in Bumfuck Kenucky and $80 in Manhattan..... Could she have been paying $80 a clip... Very easily.

/thread
Link Posted: 12/30/2008 11:43:42 AM EDT
[#7]
It's still roughly $1/mg around here.  Heroin is cutting in on the prices since there has been a bumper crop lately.  The losers around here trade dope like currency.  "Hillbilly Heroin", indeed it is.  They'll trade anything, and I mean anything, for enough to get a pill or two.  

I've yet to see more than a handful of people ever kick the addiction.

Link Posted: 12/30/2008 11:46:23 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Too funny , you guys all calling each other full of shit when talking about a completely black market.....

There is no set price , People pay whatever they will pay .... It could very easily be $35 each in Bumfuck Kenucky and $80 in Manhattan..... Could she have been paying $80 a clip... Very easily.

/thread
I can assure you the price will be higher in Bumfuck because of the lack of cheaper alternatives.  

It's done wonders for race relations in Appalachia as gang bangers from large cities move into small towns to open up more revenue streams selling pills and heroin.  The dopers welcome them with open arms.

Link Posted: 12/30/2008 11:59:54 AM EDT
[#9]
JP5909, I agree with you on everything except the Oxycontin. It's probably just the geography, but you're prices are a little low for around here. For an 80mg, it's $25 if you know the guy $50 if you don't, and there's no shortage of people buying them. If supply is low or user is desperate the price can go higher. I've never even seen a 20mg or 160mg OC, the 40mg and 80mg versions are all I see.

Reading the first page, I was surprised nobody had mentioned Methadone. Around here it's every bit as popular, if not more so, than OC. They sell for $4-6 for a 10mg and $18-20 for a 40mg wafer. Here OC is bought by the handful, methadones are bought by the hundred.

Fentynal patches are big, too. Another poster said he had a bunch of 100mcg/hr patches, that's big money. If you want to get rid of them safely I suggest you flush them down the damn toilet or else people are going to be going through your garbage.    Prices for fentynal can be up to $1/mcg/hr, but that's gonna be to the yuppie crowd. More common is half price.That stuff is a trip.
Link Posted: 12/30/2008 12:05:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Exactly.
Link Posted: 12/30/2008 12:06:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Fentynal patches are big, too. Another poster said he had a bunch of 100mcg/hr patches, that's big money. If you want to get rid of them safely I suggest you flush them down the damn toilet or else people are going to be going through your garbage.    Prices for fentynal can be up to $1/mcg/hr, but that's gonna be to the yuppie crowd. More common is half price.That stuff is a trip.

They did kind of mess me up.  On top of that, I was taking the MS Contin and Percocet.  Made for some interesting days when I first started.

Link Posted: 12/30/2008 12:14:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What would the street value be on a 100 mcg fentanyl patch?  I only have about ten of the damn things left over from my last back surgery.

Forgot, I also have mess of 60 mg MS Contin from the same surgery.  

I think it is time to dispose of the above.  They are about two years past the expiration dates on them.  Anyone know how to legally dispose of old meds?

I had 75mcg Fentanyl Patches after my last hip surgery and a guy from work found out and told me that he would give me $35 for each patch, these crazy bastards SMOKE the Gel from the patches I told him no as my 5 Titanium hip hurt like hell
I could not believe all the NEW Friends I had when I had all my Hip surgeries because they were doping the hell out of me because of all the problems I had.
My 1st Hip surgery 1 Vicodin did me good, by the time I had my 5th Hip done 5 Vicodin didnt phase me and I had to go on the heavier drugs like Fentanyl just to help at all.
When it was time to get off of that shit it was a bitch, it took me 7 days before I wasn't light headed anymore so people that are into this stuff big time are probably SCREWED.
Supply and Demand is what drives the prices up, I went to school with a guy that was slamming OxyContins and they found him dead, in an alley with a needle in each arm, the "Word" around town was that he had a little help with his OD because he ripped off the wrong people, and I believe it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2008 12:29:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
$1/mg for oxycodone.

Correct answer, this is a good average! Oxy is not cheap on the street, anyone who says differently is a dumb ass that has no idea of what they are talking about. My step brother has been a drug addict his whole life, currenty he is hooked on oxy's. He was born without fibulas in both legs and as a result has had many surgeries and procedures throughout his life, he is in severe pain quite often and has always been prescribed pain killers. When he had a script to oxy's he sold them for $1mg in KY & NC and here in FL they go for about half that. Loritab, Percocet, etc which is hydrocodone goes for much less per pill, but per milligram is is close. A 10mg Loritab goes for $5. My brothers script of 60 / 60mg oxy's was about $600 to fill., I know because he tried to borrow the money from me every month.
As for that saftey coating, they just suck the coating off, like a M&M and then crush it and snort it.
The average drug addict can snort what, 3 to 4 oxy 80's in a day? If they are paying street prices (not dealer prices) they could easily spend $200 to $300 a day.
Link Posted: 12/30/2008 12:48:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
$1/mg for oxycodone.

Correct answer, this is a good average! Oxy is not cheap on the street, anyone who says differently is a dumb ass that has no idea of what they are talking about. My step brother has been a drug addict his whole life, currenty he is hooked on oxy's. He was born without fibulas in both legs and as a result has had many surgeries and procedures throughout his life, he is in severe pain quite often and has always been prescribed pain killers. When he had a script to oxy's he sold them for $1mg in KY & NC and here in FL they go for about half that. Loritab, Percocet, etc which is hydrocodone goes for much less per pill, but per milligram is is close. A 10mg Loritab goes for $5. My brothers script of 60 / 60mg oxy's was about $600 to fill., I know because he tried to borrow the money from me every month.
As for that saftey coating, they just suck the coating off, like a M&M and then crush it and snort it.
The average drug addict can snort what, 3 to 4 oxy 80's in a day? If they are paying street prices (not dealer prices) they could easily spend $200 to $300 a day.

Are you guys saying a $1 Mg for Oxycodone or OxyContin ?
Hydrocodone=Vicodin/Lortab
Oxycocode=Percocet
OxyContin=OxyContin
And OxyContins around here, as of 2 years ago was going for 50 Cents a Mg and 750 Vicodins for $3.00 and 500 Mg Vicodin for $2.00.
Fentanyl Patches are outrageous for what they go for

I imagine the prices have went up in the last 2-3 years but the Hillbillies around here could make a killing off of selling their Pills in other States, of course around here when people get popped with Prescription Pills the Judge just gives them a Drug Diversion Program and it's no big deal, I bet it is worse if they get popped a 2nd time though?
Link Posted: 12/30/2008 12:54:25 PM EDT
[#15]
In the south eastern part of Kentucky Oxy's can fetch 100 a pop. Darwin hard at work.
Link Posted: 12/30/2008 3:15:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
$1/mg for oxycodone.

Oxycocode=Percocet
OxyContin=OxyContin
And OxyContins around here, as of 2 years ago was going for 50 Cents a Mg and 750 Vicodins for $3.00 and 500 Mg Vicodin for $2.00.

I imagine the prices have went up in the last 2-3 years but the Hillbillies around here could make a killing off of selling their Pills in other States, of course around here when people get popped with Prescription Pills the Judge just gives them a Drug Diversion Program and it's no big deal, I bet it is worse if they get popped a 2nd time though?

Percocet and Oxycontin are the same drug.

Percocet is 5 to 10 mg of oxycodone plus acetaminophen. Oxycontin is 10 to 80mg of timed realease oxycodone.

Same thing.
Link Posted: 12/30/2008 8:59:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok, without going into sordid details,  a friend of a friends wife emptied the bank account on stuff like oxycontin and other synthetic opiates.  WAYYY too much information about the whole world of thieving from drug stores and the like but I guess it happens.  The thing is, my friend was telling me that they go for $80 and up on the street for a single pill!!!!  Is that correct?  A SINGLE pill!!  What do prescriptions cost????  I mean, it all seems a bit crazy to me but just not a world I know a lot about.

I think he's full of shit on the $80 per pill , but there are ALOT of people hooked on prescription painkillers , and the really strong ones like Oxy are hard for them to come by in large enough amounts. Just as addictive as heroin , but perfectly legal with a prescription. The most expensive drug I've seen on the street is Ecxtasy @ around 25-30 bucks per swing . I can't imagine Oxy going for any more than that.

Oxycontin 80mg are definetly quite a bit more than ecxtasy. anywhere from 30-80 with 45-50 being the norm in FL.
Link Posted: 12/30/2008 9:12:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
We get non-local people coming in to our pharmacy all the time trying to purchase with real, fake or stolen prescriptions.  Store policy for pain meds is, if the patient or doctor is out of our immediate area, we do not fill it...

Eric  

What about the people that actually need them and have legit prescriptions. You guys are trying to play big brother. Do you honestly think that you are stopping them from getting it. All you are doing is punishing the law abiding citizens and as a gun owner that should sound familiar.
Link Posted: 12/31/2008 6:24:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
$1/mg for oxycodone.

Oxycocode=Percocet
OxyContin=OxyContin

Percocet is 5 to 10 mg of oxycodone plus acetaminophen. Oxycontin is 10 to 80mg of timed realease oxycodone.

Same thing.

So Percocet and OxyContin are the same Drug except Percocet has the Aspirin or acetaminophen in it and the OxyContin is just PURE pain drug?
I know I have heard that the Aspirin Tylenol or what ever it is in there is very bad for your stomach so if you have to take a lot then they give OxyContin and if you take for a short time then they give Percocet ?
Let me ask the "Guys in the Know" a question, when I had the hip surgeries they gave me Vicodin and the Vicodin made me a little loopy but the pain was still great.
The Doctor then bumped me up to Percocet but the Percocet didn't phase me like the Vicodin did, is that normal ?
Link Posted: 12/31/2008 6:31:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
$1/mg for oxycodone.

Oxycocode=Percocet
OxyContin=OxyContin

Same thing.

So Percocet and OxyContin are the same Drug except Percocet has the Aspirin or acetaminophen in it and the OxyContin is just PURE pain drug?
I know I have heard that the Aspirin Tylenol or what ever it is in there is very bad for your stomach so if you have to take a lot then they give OxyContin and if you take for a short time then they give Percocet ?
Let me ask the "Guys in the Know" a question, when I had the hip surgeries they gave me Vicodin and the Vicodin made me a little loopy but the pain was still great.
The Doctor then bumped me up to Percocet but the Percocet didn't phase me like the Vicodin did, is that normal ?

Everybody will react differently to pain killers.  What may knock one person on their ass will have another wondering why he wasted his money on pills that don't work.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top